• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle stock pack shi* the bed!?!?

Joe-n-TX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2003
Texas
Rant on...

Well, went to the range on Friday to put a few rounds down range. Guy next to me turned out to be a good guy checking his rifle before deer season. Got to talking between rounds when he said "hey you got something black on your face". Hell, the whole damn side of my face was black. My Eagle stock pack was smudging off on my cheek! It's only about 7 years old. Lives in the safe most of the time. Then its the range or the bean field. No abusive real world scenarios or anything. No solvents or cleaning solutions come in contact with it cause I don't hardly clean it.

Don't really use the loops but I do like the pouch for all the little doodads you carry.

Oh well, rant off...

Re: Eagle stock pack shi* the bed!?!?

ok...... and?

Send it back to Eagle. They will make it right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's only about 7 years old. Lives in the safe most of the time. </div></div>

Sounds like you got your $25 bucks worth. It probably would fare better is it got used more often.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It's only about 7 years old. Lives in the safe most of the time. </div></div>

Sounds like you got your $25 bucks worth. It probably would fare better is it got used more often.

</div></div>

+1, pony up $30.00 and buy another one.

The one I own does the same thing if I didnt shave that morning.

I just ensure that I shave the morning I do some shooting, or wash my face afterwards.
wink.gif

I had 2 Eagle stock packs of the same age as yours- bought in 2003. Both of mine had the same issue of the synthetic suede cheek pad was disintegrating and smudging all over everything. I called Eagle and they said to send it back. I did and 3 weeks later I had them back with the cheekpad material replaced. Call up Eagle and they'll take care of you. I have other Eagle stock packs of newer vintage and they've held up fine. If I had to guess, I think they got a bad batch of the synthetic suede material.

Hey Joe,

Contact with solvent, spray paint, overly acidic bodily fluids or duct taping may accelerate the breakdown of the materials.

Or maybe your Mo-Jo is just too strong and the pure energy radiating from you was more than it could handle....
mojo.jpg

Don't buy a new one, drop it in the mail to Eagle(636-343-7547). As noted, your product has a lifetime warranty.

it just wasn't up to your after shave maybe,...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkd5dJIVjgM&feature=aso"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zkd5dJIVjgM&feature=aso" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

grin.gif

Often the excess dye will come off when in contact with water, sweat or other moisture. I found that out when I bought some really high end custom holsters.

The solution for me was to use plain old cheap rubbing alcohol on a throw out rag and rub the leather. All the excess dye comes out, and the object remains the same color. Then just use some decent quality shoe polish on it, and all is fine.

This way, I only had to go through the excess dye issue once. When I started making leather knife sheaths, belts, slings and so on, the same issue came up. I could either be stingy with the dye, or accept the rub off issue. I would prefer to use plenty of dye rather than not get sufficient coverage as that gives the articles a streaked, and incomplete penetration of the dye.

I think your problem just means that your article was made the old fashioned way where they use a good quality brush on dye..that dye always seems to bleed out unless you deal with it as I suggested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had 2 Eagle stock packs of the same age as yours- bought in 2003. Both of mine had the same issue of the synthetic suede cheek pad was disintegrating and smudging all over everything. I called Eagle and they said to send it back. I did and 3 weeks later I had them back with the cheekpad material replaced. Call up Eagle and they'll take care of you. I have other Eagle stock packs of newer vintage and they've held up fine. If I had to guess, I think they got a bad batch of the synthetic suede material. </div></div>

I have the same issue as OP only mine isn't as old.

Thanks for the info! I will try this approach with mine...that or some alcohol based cleaning if calling doesn't work.

send it back to Eagle ,they will fix it or send u a new one. Great CS.