• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle Stock pack

Seventy 1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Canada
Help, have been trying forever to order a couple of black ones but no luck anywhere. Can anyone point me to some? Thanks

Re: Eagle Stock pack

Hi Seventy

I've been wanting to post on this topic exactly!

It would appear that Eagle has (for some reason) stopped/reduced manufacturing of the packs sometime late last year, and there are shortages everywhere.

I've been trying to order a pack for shipping to South Africa, and when I've found one, I've run into an Eagle restriction that limits US retailers from shipping packs internationally to protect international distribution agreements. I finally got Eagle to agree to give a letter of consent to any US retailer to ship to South Africa because they don't have a distributor to protect in South Africa. Only then stock finally ran out, and now I am trying to a right hand pack too - any color!! No luck yet though.....

Hope you've got better luck than I've had.

Cheers
Jaco

They haven't stopped or reduced their shipping. They have contracts to fullfill and told all US retailers they are on a severe backorder status. Something like 9-10 months last I heard. There are other excellent stock packs out there besides Eagle.

Blackhawk makes some nice ones in black. you can PM me as I have some I am about to list for sale.

Riflesonly.com sell them
TacOps makes them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JvT_404</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally got Eagle to agree to give a letter of consent to any US retailer to ship to South Africa because they don't have a distributor to protect in South Africa.</div></div>

You did huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JvT_404</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally got Eagle to agree to give a letter of consent to any US retailer to ship to South Africa because they don't have a distributor to protect in South Africa.</div></div>

You did huh? </div></div>

Ya I call BS on that one!

I called Eagle directly and was told to expect them to start showing up at retailers again around June.

June it is then. Sent an e-mail in to Triad Tactical so hope I can get one through them. Nice guys down there. Thanks fellas!

You did huh? [/quote]

Ya I call BS on that one! [/quote]

O dear, now my integrity is being questioned in my 4th post and I get a less than friendly PM. I guess this is standard practice on a forum, but I have to take exception for two reasons - firstly as a South African I was raised that a man's word is his honour, and you do not insult someone's integrity without having due cause. Have a look at the following post on how seriously a South African takes insults of this nature: S&B Voucher

Secondly the two posters in question (HasgunWilltravel and KYShooter338) between them have well over 5498 posts on this site - I would have expected them to set the example.

So now I have to choose how to react. I have the option of digressing into a tirade of childish insults, but as a married man and a father of 2 (with the third due in 4 months) that would probably not be appropriate.

I could also, as used to be common practice a few hundred years ago, challenge the two individuals to a duel. I suspect that would have a lot of popcorn value for fellow Hiders but that, between having to cross the pond to the States and facing up to two fairly good shooters, this will probably also not be in my best interest.

Then I am left with nothing other than the boring response which are the following email quotes from Jessica Smith (Inside Sales Representative at Eagle Industries):

"Jaco,

Yes, since we don't have a dealer in South Africa, we will allow them to ship to you. They will probably need a letter of consent from us, so if you want to give them my contact information that will be fine.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,
Jessica

Jessica Smith
Inside Sales Representative
[email protected]
Eagle Industries Unlimited, Inc.
1000 Biltmore Dr.
Fenton MO 63026
Phone: 888-343-7547
Direct line 636-717-1534
fax: 636-349-0321"

As well as the following email quote from a John Y from the Risk Management team at Tacticalstore.com (not sure why he is with Opticsplanet.com - I suspect they are the same business):

"Hello Jaco,

We have received the Letter of Consent from Eagle Industries. Per Eagle Industries’ Letter of Consent, we can ship only one of the Eagle Industries Shooter's Stock Pack Rifle (product code: PM-SY-35000-1-R) for this one time exception. I have reinstated your order. Due to your order being an international order, we will need to do payment verification before we can process your order. I will be sending a separate email explaining the payment verification process. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

John Y.,
Risk Management Team
[email protected]
US Toll-Free Phone: (800) 504-5897
Intl. Calls. (847) 513-6201
Fax: (847) 919-9401
http://www.OpticsPlanet.com"

Gentlemen would it be too much to ask you to watch your insults in future?

Kind regards,
Jaco van Tonder

OK now that the serious stuff is done, thanks to those who did send helpful suggestions and PM's on alternative stock packs. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Jaco

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JvT_404 was that necessary? PM your explanation if you feel thats necessary... dont highjack a thread with that shit</div></div>

He got called out by an arrogant ass, I'd do the same thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JvT_404 was that necessary? PM your explanation if you feel thats necessary... dont highjack a thread with that shit </div></div>

Now let me see if I have this right - slinging mud at someone's integrity in a public post is fine, but the rebuttal has to be private
wink.gif

Sorry if it wasted your time - this is my last post in this thread........

Regards,
Jaco

Guys, I got about 800 pounds, yes pounds of nylon from Eagle today. I KNOW there are stock packs in there. I will update the site first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the heads up on the stock packs, been looking for a long time for some. Order placed!!!!!

Jaco-you did just fine IMHO........when you walk into a new situation you better walk in standing tall because if you bend over you know what happens.

If you have trouble getting a stock pack let me know....happy to help you out.

Derek

Calling BS is the "triple dog dare".
I believe the response from Jaco was in order.

You guys get those stock packs while the getting is good.

+1 on Triad. Steve is cool!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on Triad. Steve is cool!</div></div>

Got my order in for a Multicam one. Now to decide on which drag bag.....

I have noticed that this forum has a good bit of loose "criticism" to use a polite term. Jaco seems to have handled the "BS" claim politely and nearly perfectly. If the administrators are going to allow "BS calls", and other rude behavior, then question the propriety of refuting that claim, where, but to a spiral of incivility can that lead?

Thank you all.

I will have all UPS orders shipped on Monday and all USPS orders on Tuesday.

How does the OD compare to the Ranger Green? Does anyone have a pic of the two of them together, or even the Ranger Green by itself?

Do you expect to get any more of the large rifle stock packs in any time soon?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the OD compare to the Ranger Green? Does anyone have a pic of the two of them together, or even the Ranger Green by itself? </div></div>

Just got my Ranger Green from Triad today, the ranger green is more of a greyish green/subdued green. It still matches the OD Cerakote on my barrel pretty good. Heres the best picture I could take, I slid the stock pack onto the barrel.

33xahjm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter121</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does the OD compare to the Ranger Green? Does anyone have a pic of the two of them together, or even the Ranger Green by itself? </div></div>

Just got my Ranger Green from Triad today, the ranger green is more of a greyish green/subdued green. It still matches the OD Cerakote on my barrel pretty good. Heres the best picture I could take, I slid the stock pack onto the barrel.

[ IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/33xahjm.jpg[/IMG]

</div></div>

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.
smile.gif

Yeah, that'll actually fit my rifle better than OD. I ordered one.
smile.gif

finally! got a khaki one on the way. i always missed them when they came up here, they always went too fast

I keep thinking of pulling my black stock pack off my REm 788 and selling it but then I think about it again and nah...

THere was a while where DillonPrecision had TONS of the black one's for $25 but haven't seen them there lately.

Sounds like Triad has you guys covered..

SO I'm doing my export control training for my company this morning.

Technically if a dual use item is used by the DOD - such as thestock packs - anyone retailing them is a broker and must have a license to export them.

I wonder if Stock packs are on the ITAR (arms registry) - the fine starts at 1 mil - ouch...

Worth looking into...

http://www.bis.doc.gov/licensing/exportingbasics.htm

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/

Got my 2 in today. The Ranger Green really looks awesome and the khaki is just as sweet

Thank you

got one!

I've got a khaki one coming in as well...guess I'll have to see which i like better!

I thought someone was going to make one with the elastic cartridge loops on the inside of the pocket? What happened to that?

Any difference between the Eagle packs and the Tac ops packs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rljatl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought someone was going to make one with the elastic cartridge loops on the inside of the pocket? What happened to that? </div></div>

I got a few in OD today. After I fill some backorders, I will get them up on the site. I'll try to get it done by the end of the week.

Steve, got any lefties in stock? I used the pull down on the website and all colors seem to be out of stock. I figger your bidness is pretty automated and I ordered a pod lock couple days ago, BUT.......if it ain't shipped yet, AND ya got a lefty stock pack (any color black preferred) I could be induced to purchase said item and save shippin! (I'm SUCH a frickin tight wad! lol). Anyway.. just a thought. Thanks for all you do for Hiders.