• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ear buds for Shooting, Driving, and Talking

DFOOSKING

SoDak Cat
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2009
    Iceshack Village, Buttfuck Nowhere
    What would you guys recommend for electronic bluetooth ear buds?

I need them for when I'm driving my noisy as F work truck when people call and when I'm working literally running around. And obviously as hearing pro while out to the range.

Not looking to spend bookoo money for molded in ones. And want ear buds not cans as I have to walk around public places for work and would like to be relatively low key.

I like the TEP-200's I bought from someone on this site. They're rechargeable in their case, comfy and have pretty good hearthrough. I don't remember if they're bluetooth for phone calls but that sounds like something they might do.

Reactions: E. Bryant
    I like the TEP-200's I bought from someone on this site. They're rechargeable in their case, comfy and have pretty good hearthrough. I don't remember if they're bluetooth for phone calls but that sounds like something they might do.

They're not Bluetooth, but there is an Audio Loop accessory (requires a 1/8" headphone jack on your phone, I believe).

Using Walker Silencer Bluetooth 2.0's here and very happy with them. They last forever and a day, recharge in the case, and have been, thus far, flawless from an operational standpoint. You're able to dial in the amount of ambient sound that gets through or shut off ambient noises completely. They naturally cut out when you fire a weapon and even have a "tactical" mode to magnify ambient sounds. If you search around, they can be had for around $200. I think I bought mine during one of the big sales and they came in under that amount.

Axil has their GS 2.0s on sale, 35% off and they are $200 normally.

Bluetooth, noise cancellation, hearing protection, hearing amplification, NRR of 29db.

I bought them because of the sale, wanted to see, I'm keeping them, two things mattered to me, the NRR of 29db and the audio quality.

Both of those qualities in these Axils beat my $400 Walkers and my $60 Howard Leight muffs, the noise reduction in these Axils has actually impressed me quite a bit.

I shoot a ported 9mm every day carry gun, the 4" 500 S&W, and a 458 lott with a muzzle brake.

Ran them all day Sunday to test audio quality again, I was running the chainsaw, of course pounding wedges because I'm shit at running a chainsaw, and bullshitted with a buddy as well as shot a little.

I've been happy with them, to the point that my Walkers are just going to be trashed, these things at a fraction of the cost are better at everything that matters, though those Walkers have an insane amount of hearing amplification, in fact, I can only use about 1/4 of it, the rest is way too much.

To me, and maybe I got a good pair, to me they are way worth the 35% off deal they have going right now.

the technology behind how they work is completely different.

with "noise cancelling" headphones....essentially what they are doing is listening to the ambient noise, and playing a "counter frequency" to negate the ambient noise.
    View attachment 7845608

with "hearing protection", they are actually muffeling the amplitude of the sound to a hearing safe level.
    View attachment 7845611

essentially, with "noise cancelling" headphones....your ears are still experiencing the same amplitude of the sound....or "loudness"......its just that the sound gets ignored by the brain.......but the damage is still being done to the eardrums.

with "hearing protection".....its physically reducing the "loudness" of the noise hitting the eardrums.
    Makes sense, thanks for the explanation