• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Earthquake in Virginia

dukedurham

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
at appx. 13:51 this afternoon, a 5.9 Richter scale earthquake hit Mineral, VA. This is about halfway between Richmond and Charlottesville along the I64 corridor. The tremors were felt as far north as Rochester,NY and south to parts of South Carolina. Reports of damage are surprisingly light considering the magnitude of the quake and the age of the areas immediately affected such as Petersburg and old town Richmond. I was in Chesterfield county at the time, getting a burger at the local choke and puke. Although I did not feel any shaking or such, when i went to get in my truck to get back to work, I did notice it rocking just a bit. Never paid much mind, as there is some serious construction going on around this area. Get back to work and the reports start rolling in about what just happened. WTF? Getting prepared for Irene and now this. Does this qualify as SHTF? Nobody hurt in my circle that I know of, so I guess it's all good. Anyway, thought you might like to know. Carry on.