• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eastern Iowan needs another hobby

IronicTwitch

Branching out from USPSA
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've been sitting in the shadows of this forum for over a year and finally decided to post my intro! Spent the last 5 years learning USPSA practical pistol and reloading pistol on a Dillon SDB. That said, I enjoy the numbers side of the shooting sports, so the transition to rifles and long range shooting has re-energized that special part of my brain.

Optics: finally bought a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 MRAD FFP, it'll live on my modified Ruger 77/22 for ARA competitions to get me used to MRAD.
Rifle: looking at the PVA John Hancock in 6.5CM or 6.5x47 (once the rush of orders catches up and my savings has bandwidth).
Reloading: thinking of adding a Dillon 550 for rifle loading, with Redding dies and a Whidden toolhead the $'s add up quick - might need a local reloader to teach me the finer points of precision rifle cartridge hand loading. Pistol catridges are super easy in comparison, but at least I know what finer points I need to learn up front.

Bottom line, I'm finally realizing just how much more $ you can spend on rifles than pistols!

Last edited: