• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Eastern sport show postponed

Jason Wells

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2010
Staunton VA
Well every year I look forward to taking the family to Pa for the Eastern Sport Show, looks like that's not going to happen this year! That sucks, no other shows like it around here!

Re: Eastern sport show postponed

They told the vendors they couldn't displace them evil assualt weapons....Vendors said fuck you and backed out.

Good on the venders....we all need to stick together on these issues. Maybe they'll get a new promoter next year. Someone who believes in our 2A rights.

This is going to be a big financial hit on so many hunting/fishing outfitters that attened the show. A lot of hunts got booked during this show. And imagine how many of them have rooms booked and all those other associated logistics.

I look forward to this show every year. But kuddos to the vendors that backed out for sticking up for what they believe in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is going to be a big financial hit on so many hunting/fishing outfitters that attened the show. A lot of hunts got booked during this show. And imagine how many of them have rooms booked and all those other associated logistics. </div></div>

If it meant so much to all the guides and taxidermists they should have raised hell when the idiots that put the show on decided to commit "suicide". The industry is more tightly bonded right now and the manufacturers will not put up with this kind of shit.

just watched the local news, they interviewed one of the vendors, (can't remember which one), that is also at the bloomsburg show which is understandably seeing higher numbers.

what i thought this gent well phrased "yeah it's a financial hit, but a way of exercising our 1st amendment right to protect the 2nd. without the 2nd, or even moderate to extreme infringement of it, i have no business at all. i'll take the loss now as it's more of an important issue than making a profit."

That show is owned by a British company... No laws have been pAssed yet and they tried to weigh and and tell us what to do with our rights..... Another country telling us to give up our guns,,, that's how I see it!!! I wish a American second amendment pro company could pick it up and steal that show... Then make it bigger than ever.. Like a shot show and sportsman show together...

I agree with you, someone should be able to get this show going again, It's gotta bring in quite a bit of money.

Thanks for posting. I didn't hear a thing about this. I need to cancel my hotel room as a group of us go every year for a couple days. Can't say I am happy, but I totally agree with what was done by vendors and sponsors.

There is a lot more to the story than what has been told. The decision to ban the sale/display of modern sporting rifles (AR's) and the accessories was the result of one vendors intentions for the show. Rather than address the single vendor Reed Exhibitions opted to punish everyone with their ban. When industry people, the NRA, the NSSF, vendors, and sponsors complained Reed would not rescind their ban. This is when people started dropping out. Reed is a British owned company and they are also the event organizer for the SHOT Show.

They have now "postponed" the show as a result of the sponsors and vendors backing out, although they state otherwise. The NSSF who owns the SHOT Show is now looking at other organizers and doing away with Reed.

This shows that when 2A supporters stick together things can get done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is going to be a big financial hit on so many hunting/fishing outfitters that attened the show. A lot of hunts got booked during this show. And imagine how many of them have rooms booked and all those other associated logistics. </div></div>

If it meant so much to all the guides and taxidermists they should have raised @#!*% when the idiots that put the show on decided to commit "suicide". The industry is more tightly bonded right now and the manufacturers will not put up with this kind of @#!*% . </div></div>

Shoot4fun, why don't you do a little more reading before posting such a knee-jerk reaction. How's this for the commitment of small business owners -
Doug Dietrich, co-owner of American Whitetails of PA said he probably lost the opportunity to sign up 20 - 20 customers when he withdrew as a vendor "I put off a house payment to be able to pay for a booth. I don't know if we'll recover from it."

Do you or any of us know how the rest of these outfitters and taxidermists responded? You know these guys from the western states, they're a lot more fiesty when it comes to firearm ownership of any type. Maybe they did make a fuss. We don't know about all of them, but we sure know about one of them as shown above.

The bottom line here is that all this debacle is on Reed Exhibitions. They had a chance to correct an issue (apparently with one vendor) but instead chose not to. Reed is the one who is hurting all the other smaller vendors, not the manufacturers that pulled out. Reading above, it appears Reed will lose their job for NSSF at SHOT.
I am not insensitive to the plight of the guides, taxidermists and other vendors that got hurt here. I have worked this show before and know just how many folks it brings thru the gate.