• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

eBay bipods

dgwelsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Chestertown, MD
I was looking for another Harris 6-9, and you know ebay sometimes has a couple used ones at good prices. Well I noticed there are some Chinese knock-offs on there right now, meta 15cm version, 1/3 the price of the Harris. Sorry times are a little tight right now, I bought one.

Has anyone else purchased one already? I feel bad; I want to support a "local" company, (in the global sense) but 1/3 the price is tough to pass up.

When it arrives, I'll try to post some pics and a comparison.

best
dgwelsh

Re: eBay bipods

They work OK but you do get what you pay for. You'll see.

We've all had the hard times. Do what you can.

they are good, some are identical copy of the Harris S-BRM but you'll see you will halways end with a harris on your rig after the second or third low expensive bipod
grin.gif

i sniped a used harris off ebay a while back. i watched many come and go waiting to get 1 from an individual seller and not an ebay store. looks and works flawlessly. i believe it is authentic. a lot of knockoffs available but i gota agree with others and say you get what you pay for. i buy the best i can afford at the time. if finances get better i can always upgrade, if worse, resell. you stated you're "looking for another". many come up for sale here on the hide and imho i would trust a hide member over an ebay seller. good luck!

It may work but it will probably fall apart after awhile. When you replace it for the third time, you could have bought a Harris.

I know times are tough, however I could buy a bucketfull of chicom scopes for the cost of a Nightforce, yet I am saving my pennies.

Harris Good; China Bad...

I've only owned Harris and was considering one of the knockoffs on ebay. After reading the posts I think I will stick with my Harris and save up a couple extra weeks to get one.

I have handled a couple of the shooters ridge type ones and they felt cheap to me. Not sure about the ebay ones, but I can tell you the Harris ones work good.

This model has the Swivel Mount.
Harris Bipod

I should have it in a couple days. fingers crossed it actually arrives. It will be compared to the Harris I have. Find out soon.
thanks for the input.
dgwelsh

I should have it in a couple days. fingers crossed it actually arrives. It will be compared to the Harris I have. Find out soon.
thanks for the input.
dgwelsh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want a cheaper version of the Harris, goto Walmart, they have the Winchester bipod (similar) for $40
Or go on their website and buy a Harris
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harris-Model-BR-Series-S-6-9-Bipod/5585786
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Harris-Model-BRM-Series-1A2-6-9-Bipod/5585789

Free shipping too. </div></div>
Or you can go to Triad Tactical and get them cheaper.

i've been buying the Caldwell brand from midway. Swivel top and notched legs, for about half the price of Harris. I don't remember where they're made but they make pretty nice stuff (for the money). The fixed 6-9" is on sale sometimes for $30.

I have had the Shooters Ridge kind also... it broke while on a hunting trip... very disappointed and told myself I would never buy the cheap shit again..... I now own all Harris bipods...You cant go wrong with Harris... Just save $$$ till you can get one, trust me - you will spend more buying cheap ones that break.

overstock.com has harris bipods for cheap, and all kinds of other things as well.

Finally got it, what a piece of shit. It'll work but Harris doesn't have to be worried. And I won't waste my money again.
dgwelsh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just save $$$ till you can get one, trust me - you will spend more buying cheap ones that break. </div></div>

Sorry man... I gotta say it....

i-told-you-so1.jpg

Well live and learn... trust me, I seem to always learn the hard way also.... I would toss that piece of shit or save it for a backup and get yourself a Harris.... that cheap thing will break when you actually need it and then you will be really pissed.

Careful with the Ebay knockoffs. I bought one and I'm currently using it downrange. I have a Harris on the M24 and the knockoff on the M4. The threading on the screw to tighten to the rail was way to small and stripped out. I had to replace it with a screw from Harris. Other than that, I've had no problems with it.