• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Eberlestock decision??

mciver

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Olympia, WA
Trying to decide between the X1 and the J104. I doubt I would be using the pack for anything more than day hunts...so packing out an animal wouldn't be necessary for me. I am leaning towards the X1 but I'm curious if the 104 is superior and thus making the decision easier for me. I can't find both packs in my area to compare them...need some insight, please.

Re: Eberlestock decision??

I got the 1X this year and I love it. I used it Spring bear hunting this year and was up and down some huge canyons. I love being able to hunt hands free for glassing, but still having quick access to my rifle. I had a tough time making the same decision but after checking them out side by side the 1x was all i needed. It's big enough to handle enough equipment to bivy for a night, and could handle a small quarter if really wanted to use it to pack. J104 is a pretty big pack and I think if your only going to use it for day trips the 1X is the way to go.

Good luck,

Doug

Re: Eberlestock decision??

Ya..thats about all I would need it for. I think that is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks
Malcolm