• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock g2 gunslinger vs g4 operator?

kentuckyshiner

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2013
kentucky
I have been looking into both packs and im kind of hung up on the operator. I am how ever worried avout the over all size of the pack. Thus the reason for looking in to the gunslinger. Im looking for the most versatile of the 2. Thanks in advance.

What do you want to do it? Hunt or just like a range bag? I have a G4 and like the size of it. It probably wouldn’t hike/hunt with it for long haul as it’s almost 11 lbs with nothing it it lol. It is a great pack for the range as everything I bring fits. I have done day shoots with the bag and had it on my back full loaded for three hours. It is do able for sure but like I mentioned before, it really depends what you want out of it!

My buddy has a gunslinger and uses it when we go ghopher shooting and works great for that!

Reactions: rlh_20
Im looking for more of a multi day pack. I have had many different packs over the years. Most light weight stuff. It has a tendency of tearing in the bush. I can deal with the weight of the pack .im 6'4" 250lbs and fairly athletic.

I have been looking into both packs and im kind of hung up on the operator. I am how ever worried avout the over all size of the pack. Thus the reason for looking in to the gunslinger. Im looking for the most versatile of the 2. Thanks in advance.

The G4 operator is HUGE. Weights about 100 lb... well almost. Not sure about the gunslinger. Hope that helps.

I use the G4 and it definitely fits what you need. I love the pack overall fits the rifle, tripod basically everything I need plus more. I’ve found it very sturdy and comfortable. I use it as a hunting pack and all around everything pack. I’ve heard good things on mystery ranch too but love this pack. Any questions let me know.

Ive owned both. The Operator is a bigger bag, but is subdivided in a way that makes it hard to actually carry bigger items, such as a sleep system, at least when it comes to the MSS. Lighter more expensive options that pack down tighter may have better luck. The Operator also really needs the rifle in the pack to be stable. It includes a rain fly.

The Gunslinger is smaller, with a fairly straightforward top load (mine is Gen I), small top lid and single outside pouch for a tripod, or water bottle. Its a good size for an assault pack or 3 day pack I think.

Overall, Im sad I got rid of my operator when I did, and happy I got my Gunslinger when I did.

There are better rucks than either, but Im not sure if there are better rucks that hold long guns as well.

I find them to be far quieter than US Army MOLLE offerings. My MOLLE ruck will squeak no matter what the load is. I have no similar issues with the Eberlestock. My rifle is very stable, even when moving at a jog.

I got my G4 back in May, used it fir 4days on the mountains of Montana.
It weighed loaded 60 lbs. Yes I carried way to much stuff but was at the mindset of I would rather have it and not need then vice versa.

It is a beast, it worked great.

Just purchased a F1 frame to also try some other options so we will see how that works.

Reactions: ReaperMedic
I have both and find the operator to be very heavy, and there is not as much room as you would think for the pack size. The operator also feels like your pack weighs more than other packs I have used with the same loadout. If I was in your position I would get the gunslinger II or look to Mystery Ranch.

I’m 6’6” and the G2 did not fit well at all. Great range bag though.

All Eberlestocks are heavy, not for hunting. A rifle dangles in it.
Accuracy Maverick 41 (a short rifle bag) can be a good option if you need to walk a lot.

Attachments

• 0A6D3CD7-7632-4A08-BDF9-69FF39D42458.jpeg
    0A6D3CD7-7632-4A08-BDF9-69FF39D42458.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 3FAD3EB9-05C6-483B-A666-46B944909E79.png
    3FAD3EB9-05C6-483B-A666-46B944909E79.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 151
I have owned Eberlestock GS2 and terminator, operator. Eberlestock are nice bags well made but they are way too heavy and they dont carry heavy loads well. I sold my eberlestock packs except the GS2 which I use for a range bag. I bought a Mystery Ranch overload and SATL, they are seriously well packs and the way they handle heavy loads compared to eberlestock is chalk and cheese

I have owned Eberlestock GS2 and terminator, operator. Eberlestock are nice bags well made but they are way too heavy and they dont carry heavy loads well. I sold my eberlestock packs except the GS2 which I use for a range bag. I bought a Mystery Ranch overload and SATL, they are seriously well packs and the way they handle heavy loads compared to eberlestock is chalk and cheese

I’ve packed a couple elks out of the woods with an ebelestock. It was brutal, definitely better hunting bags out there.

I have the GS2, and it fits my needs very well. It is definitely smaller than the Operator, but if you need more space, there is room for expansion via the add on packs Eberlestock sells. It carries well, and is one of the most durable packs I've owned. If know you'll need the space, go for the operator, but it will be a BIG pack.