• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Gunslinger II Pictures and set up?

RWSGunsmithing

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 26, 2006
    Manning, Iowa
    www.rwsgunsmithing.com
    Guys/Gals,

Just picked up a G2 stock pack to take to competitions. I'm new to this style of pack so have no idea on how to pack and what to pack.

I have a idea on what I need but would like to see pictures of how you have your pack set up.

So please post pictures of you pack set up and feel free to share your thoughts and ideas on it.

Robert

Re: Eberlestock Gunslinger II Pictures and set up?

G2 is a great pack but a bit on the heavy side. Carries what I need for an all day hump while hunting in NM and CO including spotting scope, tripod, water, food and extra clothing. Never saw the video but laid out all my gear and then went through several iterations until I figured which worked best. The Molle straps on the hip belt are very handy for attaching pouches, holsters etc. to have within easy reach. I carry a 686 attached to the hip belt and don't even know its there. Take time to fit the suspension to your torso which will make it much more comfortable.

How do Eberlestock packs handle wet weather ? I presume they aren't waterproof or are there any that are ? Also, just wondering if anyone is running them with an AI and how well they fit these rifles and to what extent are they protected from the elements ? I get the stock cover but is it a decent solution in a wet envioronment.

Thank you

I use mine for one/2 day trips up the hills where i do my long range shooting and some deer hunting . I carry a 40xb in an AICS in mine.It fits well and doesent move about
    f3t3zd.jpg

here's a pic of a typical 1 day loadout
    mrs3eg.jpg

including ammo,lrf,kestral,rearbag,warm top,spaceblanket,ear pro,mags,lens cleaning kit,ACI,spotscope,waterproof jacket,map&compass,databook/FDAC/mildotmaster ect,flask.waterbottle,platypus.
    The attachment that covers the barrel (not in pic) provides protection in bad weather I also bring a rain cover for the pack for very wet weather.Its a sturdy well made/thought out pack which suits me for 24-48 hr trips

The AI works well with the GSII. I've got a folder with a 24" barrel and folded you can barely see the rifle in the pack. I use mine for range work and for classes and it holds everything I need for either purpose. Lonewolf did and excellent job with his video. Picked up some tips from that. You won't be disappointed with the GSII.