• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Eberlestock hunting packs ???????

TreeMUP

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2011
Missouri
Anybody have or use a Eberelestock hunting packs. Im curious I have a Gunslinger II that I have and have never really used. But my question is, is there a difference in the material or sound of material in comparison. Between the tactical and hunting lines. Would like to here some insight from anyone who might have them. Before I sell or trade off my Gunslinger...

Re: Eberlestock hunting packs ???????

i use the multicam G4 operator, its not a soft fabric, but its definitely does what i need it to.

I was lookn at the G4 its got the room and space needed, haha I like to haul any and everything when I go to the woods just in case.

the GSII is my hunting pack and works fine for me!

If your goin to buy another eberlestock pack yhen hit up ceylon here with a pm. great guy to deal with and he will answer al your questions. i got my gunslinger 2 off him

Been maken a list and goin over it since yesterday of which one to try and get I want one for short hunts and one for the long haul ones. I sold off my Gunslinger already so now I really need to get on the ball with it.

I have a Blue Widow and Lo Drag. As you already know the materials between the two are completely different. The hunting packs are kind of like a waterproof softshell. I can tell you they are not very quiet in colder temps. I don't know how the tactical packs are in the cold, but in warmer temps they seem fine. Really though, at least for me, noise from a pack isn't a big deal. I would pick the hunting material over the tactical because it's waterproof.

I really like my Blue Widow. It's a very versatile pack. I bought the butt bucket for carrying my bow and the A2LS scabbard for carrying a rifle. When I'm bow hunting I just remove the scabbard. I think that thing weighs 1.5lbs if I remember right, so it's nice to drop that weight. It can be used as a dayback or to pack in a spike camp for a couple days.

If you haven't already, just go onto Eberlestocks website and watch their videos on the packs. Tell you everything you'd ever need to hear.

Also, Ceylon would be a good guy to talk to if you have more specific questions. I'm sure he's had his hands on every one of their packs. He's a good source for info, and the only person I'd buy Eberlestock from.

i have the multicam x1a1. its an amazing pack! has plenty of room for extra closes, snacks, my spotting scope, and all my shooting gear i need in the field. also, it has a water bladder pocket! not having to carry my rifle in hand is the best part!

Yes, there is a difference in fabric. I have used one of the tactical packs once at work (do not remember the style) and have used one of the Just One packs and a Blue Widow. I would get one of the Just One packs if I was to do it again. I bought the Blue Widow because I do more bow hunting but the gun scabbard comes in handy if you carry a tripod. I would look at Mystery Ranch packs also. I have one of them and used it on my last hunt and was a lot happier with it than I have been with my Blue Widow. I really do not think that the louder fabric is going to be that big of a deal most of the time. I would prefer the quieter material but I think that getting the pack that fits your needs is more important. The one thing that I did not really like about the Just 1 or BW packs are the mesh part that will allow dirt and alike into the pack, definitely get the front panel for ~$25 it helps out a ton.
I bought my Eberlestock off of archerytalk and got a really good deal on it. There is a lot of good used hunting equipment out there and you can save a good deal of $$$ on getting something slightly used, just my $.02. If you are happy with your gunslinger pack, I would stick with it and be happy or buy something else used and try it out before you get rid of a pack that you really like. Good luck with your decision.