• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock made in USA or China?

Re: Eberlestock made in USA or China?

You all are amazing... Get the FUCK over it already. The computer you're typing on right now, the camera equipment you use to post photos, your cell phones you make calls with, and probably a majority of everything else you use on a daily basis is made overseas but you guys come on here and start degrading a products value not based on flaws or poor quality, but simply based upon it not being made here in the USA. Full retard...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6WHBO_Qc-Q"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6WHBO_Qc-Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You all are amazing... Get the FUCK over it already. The computer you're typing on right now, the camera equipment you use to post photos, your cell phones you make calls with, and probably a majority of everything else you use on a daily basis is made overseas but you guys come on here and start degrading a products value not based on flaws or poor quality, but simply based upon it not being made here in the USA. Full retard...</div></div>

I personally never questioned Eberlestock's quality or value. I think my GS2 is extremely well made, and I'm very happy with it for the price that I paid. Nor did I ever insinuate that all my posessions are made in the USA. Like I said I try to buy American when I can but if that's all I purchased I would be broke very quickly.

Mirnyx got my point exactly. I was just wondering why the owner contradicts himself saying he's not cool with making the chassis overseas. Yet it's cool for their packs to be made there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "tmckay2"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you really need to educate yourself on the differences between vietnam and china when it comes to manufacturing and shady practices. take it from someone who knows, you are comparing apples to oranges. a guy saying he won't produce it in china but will in vietnam is reasonable. also, a pack and a rifle chassis are two different things with different necessities</div></div>

The rifle chassis could be made anywhere with a decent CNC machine. I'm sure there are some in Vietnam as well.

I think you guys are missing the point.

As company's move their manufacturing of MILITARY fabric items to offshore company's it slowly kills off the companies that produce in the states.

In time of war manufaturing has to go up 3000% for MILITARY items, if there are no more company's left in the states that produce these items we are screwed.

No one cares about the lack of NON MILTIARY ITEMS iPhone's , Nike running shoes, toasters, etc that are made overseas during war time. That is why most people are concerned that MILITARY items are being made overseas and don't care about other products. If you can't see the deference it miltary items and golf clubs than you will just not get it.

"Everything's made in china, who gives a shit" so what happens when barrel manufactures move to china, AR parts etc all made in china...would you be pissed then?

The Berry complaint law was made specifically to protect fabric (metal,etc), company's in 1941

The Berry Amendment (USC, Title 10, Section 2533a), requires the Department of Defense to give preference in procurement to domestically produced, manufactured, or home-grown products, most notably food, clothing, <span style="color: #FF0000">fabrics</span>, and specialty metals. Congress originally passed domestic source restrictions as part of the 1941 Fifth Supplemental DOD Appropriations Act <span style="color: #FF6666">in order to protect the domestic industrial base in the time of war.</span> The Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) was amended to include exceptions for the acquisition of food, specialty metals, and hand or measuring tools when needed to support contingency operations or when the use of other-than-competitive procedures is based on an unusual and compelling urgency. The specialty metals provision was added in 1973. This provision requires that specialty metals incorporated in products delivered under DOD contracts to be melted in the United States or a “qualifying country”. Specialty metals include certain steel, titanium, zirconium and other metal alloys that are important to the DOD.

Congress had to pass another law in 2009 to further protect the the textile companies, because the USA does not produce items it needs for the military ( textile companies are all closed/bankrupt because they can't compete with overseas company's)

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (H.R. 1), passed by both houses of Congress on February 13, 2009, included legislation offered by Congressman Larry Kissell (D-NC) mandating that any textile and apparel products contracted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) be manufactured in the United States with 100 percent U.S. inputs. The "Kissell Amendment" was modeled on and picks up, with little or no modification, many of the specific provisions of the Berry Amendment

This is a huge problem for the military to get the items it needs and they have to be made in the USA, for good reason.

Reactions: 707FreedomFan

There must be a reason I see multiple Eberlestock packs for sale here every day. Lots of people seem ready to part with them quick, unlike the Mystery Ranch packs that are apparently just building them here as a sales gimmick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There must be a reason I see multiple Eberlestock packs for sale here every day. Lots of people seem ready to part with them quick, unlike the Mystery Ranch packs that are apparently just building them here as a sales gimmick. </div></div>

Yeah because that's what I said. They build them here just as a sales gimmick, and obviously all the packs for sale have nothing to do with guys trying a pack and deciding to upgrade or downgrade. They all must be complete crap... Why am I willing to bet you've never even owned both packs or for that fact even one of those packs...

Why is it the only time a <span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">BIG AND BOLD</span></span> label stating the manufacturers origin is if it's "<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">MADE IN THE <span style="color: #FFFFFF">U</span><span style="color: #FF0000">S</span><span style="color: #000099">A</span></span></span>"? Are you as a consumer really that ignorant to believe that it's not a method of advertising meant to sell a product? And do you really believe that the USA is the only Country that makes "quality" products? Let me guess... You also believe if everyone here only bought American the economy would rebound right back and the USA would be all rainbows and unicorns again with every household having 2 cars and bank accounts over flowing. You also probably don't believe in mechanization and still think a human can do it better than a robot and you're a die hard support of the Union's...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There must be a reason I see multiple Eberlestock packs for sale here every day. Lots of people seem ready to part with them quick, unlike the Mystery Ranch packs that are apparently just building them here as a sales gimmick.</div></div>

Must be the same reason all those AI and GAP rifles and S&B and USO scopes are for sale too. Nothing to do with the economy or people selling stuff they don't use or to buy something else. Must be garbage. Or maybe they are selling them to buy more Mystery Ranch packs?

The product police arrived awful quick. Those unicorns we been missing must be pulling Eberlestock's bandwagon. Broker-you'd lose that bet, and I'll make another. I bet you <span style="font-style: italic">do</span> own an Eberlestock pack and you are staring at it as you angrily type on the keyboard, and securely contained within that pack are all our missing rainbows. This is weird that a couple people actually seem to hate me because I think there might be a product better that the one they hold "precious". Oh well.

I have come to the conclusion that any product that is truly of the best quality and design, will never last more than 10 minutes for sale here if priced 20% off retail and also will be listed 10 minutes after I leave the site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have come to the conclusion that any product that is truly of the best quality and design, will never last more than 10 minutes for sale here if priced 20% off retail and also will be listed 10 minutes after I leave the site. </div></div>

All from your 5 months here huh? Wow you must have really been able to read the trends in that long period of time.
crazy.gif

I can't believe some of the views in this thread. Anyone ever think of where their food comes from? I bet it ain't local.

I'll also bet more than they are aware of, isn't even "national".

At the same time, I am definitely an advocate for supporting the local mom'n'pop shop. Then by all means, do what you can to be prideful of one's country. But in truth, in the end, if anyone really wants to change how the economy works then they're going to have to change things at a higher level.

And that's all I'm saying on that topic, before someone goes and makes this 'political', so tread lightly.

Point is, if something is being made CORRECTLY, and is of the required quality and craftsmanship, then purchase it. But as long as people will continue to buy "disposable crap" and "look-a-like junk", then these products will continue to be foisted upon us.

It is on THAT note, where our own pocket dollars can make an actual difference.

Think about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The product police arrived awful quick. Those unicorns we been missing must be pulling Eberlestock's bandwagon. Broker-you'd lose that bet, and I'll make another. I bet you <span style="font-style: italic">do</span> own an Eberlestock pack and you are staring at it as you angrily type on the keyboard, and securely contained within that pack are all our missing rainbows. This is weird that a couple people actually seem to hate me because I think there might be a product better that the one they hold "precious". Oh well.

I have come to the conclusion that any product that is truly of the best quality and design, will never last more than 10 minutes for sale here if priced 20% off retail and also will be listed 10 minutes after I leave the site. </div></div>

Of course I own one. As a matter of fact I've owned several which is why I can actually comment to the quality which is outstanding. As for hating you, lol... This would be an entirely different conversation if that was the case. I just think you're full of shit and making comments that you can't support. So explain to all of us exactly what makes Eberlestock an inferior pack?

I might just be full of shit, that's true, but I have spent a ton (that's a standard ton-not one of those fairy assed metric ones) of money on toys and form my own opinions based on what I like. And I like shit made in the USA.

Why? Why's a tree good? Why are sunsets good? Why are boobs good? Man, firecrackers, ya stick 'em in mailboxes, you drop 'em in toilets, shove 'em up bullfrogs asses.

I like Mystery Ranch packs. I prefer to not have a rifle sticking out behind me, and dont have a ton of need for molle straps all over the exterior. I also prefer the MR Nice frame, which in my opinion is a better design. Once you use the self-locking buckles you will find others annoying on long hikes. I also prefer the MR rainfly design. I have 2 packs and I am always looking for another, but the MR packs are like finding hens teeth on the used market, especially in my size yoke/waist. But that's probly because they suck- which they must- since a tard like me prefers them.

The Eberlestocks are nice enough, they have 2 models in particular that I might could own. I like the side rifle storage setup offered on a couple designs. They have better color/camo choices. But the ones I've played with had not near the load adjustments of the MR frame. Plus they are assembled by charlie
smile.gif

I have a Half Track and a couple accessory pieces from Eberlestock. At first I assumed they were made in the USA but then again I never bothered to look into it. Was I suprised to see the Made in Vietnam label? Yeah a little but...... It's a good product and the quality is right for what I paid.

Would I buy another Eberlestock? Yeah if I have a need for a particular model. I'd also look at the usual offerings from Kifaru, Mystery Ranch & London Bridge Trading along with a few others depending what I'm in the market for.

This thread is right along the same lines of the Arcteryx thread. Certain products made overseas that are still worth the money in my opinion. Look, shop, choose wisely is all. Common sense...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I might just be full of shit, that's true, but I have spent a ton (that's a standard ton-not one of those fairy assed metric ones) of money on toys and form my own opinions based on what I like. And I like shit made in the USA.

Why? Why's a tree good? Why are sunsets good? Why are boobs good? Man, firecrackers, ya stick 'em in mailboxes, you drop 'em in toilets, shove 'em up bullfrogs asses.

I like Mystery Ranch packs. I prefer to not have a rifle sticking out behind me, and dont have a ton of need for molle straps all over the exterior. I also prefer the MR Nice frame, which in my opinion is a better design. Once you use the self-locking buckles you will find others annoying on long hikes. I also prefer the MR rainfly design. I have 2 packs and I am always looking for another, but the MR packs are like finding hens teeth on the used market, especially in my size yoke/waist. But that's probly because they suck- which they must- since a tard like me prefers them.

The Eberlestocks are nice enough, they have 2 models in particular that I might could own. I like the side rifle storage setup offered on a couple designs. They have better color/camo choices. But the ones I've played with had not near the load adjustments of the MR frame. Plus they are assembled by charlie
smile.gif

</div></div>

So you've never owned one judging by your comments, and you cant't state any reason why the pack quality is inferior other than you don't like the design and cami colors which has nothing to do with where it's made, but you're going to comment on the quality and base it on what you've seen in the for sale area? So are Schmidt & Benders made by Jerrys?

Nope. Never owned one. Have tried a few out though. If they ever make one I think is better for what I need I would buy one, though.

And are you even able to read through that red angry glow in your eyes? I said I LIKE the colors. And I said the DESIGN was inferior for MY needs (I'm trying to spell it out real simple for ya). But you know what is better for me more than I do, so perhaps next time I think about forming my own opinion, maybe I'll consult with you first.

And how would I know the name of the guy putting those German scopes together? Somebody should tell him no quality would be lost if he had 'em built in the Nam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope. Never owned one. Have tried a few out though. If they ever make one I think is better for what I need I would buy one, though.

And are you even able to read through that red angry glow in your eyes? I said I LIKE the colors. And I said the DESIGN was inferior for MY needs (I'm trying to spell it out real simple for ya). But you know what is better for me more than I do, so perhaps next time I think about forming my own opinion, maybe I'll consult with you first.

And how would I know the name of the guy putting those German scopes together? Somebody should tell him no quality would be lost if he had 'em built in the Nam.
</div></div>

Design preference doesn't make a product inferior. You've never even actually owned one yet you're trying to criticize it and it's usefulness based upon where it was made which is retarded at best. The only time you ever likely "tried a few out" was probably in a Cabela's.

And if I was "angry" this conversation would be a lot different, but like everything else up till now you're making assumptions.

God please give these folks the strength to let this go. If ever a dead horse was beaten....

I have the Eberlestock X2, very nice pack for hunting. I just recently used it on Afognak Island and it performed very well. I have no idea where it's made but I am very pleased with this pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: over_watch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God please give these folks the strength to let this go. If ever a dead horse was beaten.... </div></div>

+ 1..why beat a dead horse? Unless it was asking for it, of course...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OdellJym</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: over_watch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God please give these folks the strength to let this go. If ever a dead horse was beaten.... </div></div>

+ 1..why beat a dead horse? Unless it was asking for it, of course... </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8cpkwPAbY0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8cpkwPAbY0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

it has nothing to do with the ability to produce it, it has to do with business practices, specifically practices involving purposefully stealing designs and manufacturing them in mass quantities for cheap. its china's MO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tofst4u2no</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You all are amazing... Get the FUCK over it already. The computer you're typing on right now, the camera equipment you use to post photos, your cell phones you make calls with, and probably a majority of everything else you use on a daily basis is made overseas but you guys come on here and start degrading a products value not based on flaws or poor quality, but simply based upon it not being made here in the USA. Full retard...</div></div>

I personally never questioned Eberlestock's quality or value. I think my GS2 is extremely well made, and I'm very happy with it for the price that I paid. Nor did I ever insinuate that all my posessions are made in the USA. Like I said I try to buy American when I can but if that's all I purchased I would be broke very quickly.

Mirnyx got my point exactly. I was just wondering why the owner contradicts himself saying he's not cool with making the chassis overseas. Yet it's cool for their packs to be made there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: "tmckay2"</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you really need to educate yourself on the differences between vietnam and china when it comes to manufacturing and shady practices. take it from someone who knows, you are comparing apples to oranges. a guy saying he won't produce it in china but will in vietnam is reasonable. also, a pack and a rifle chassis are two different things with different necessities</div></div>

The rifle chassis could be made anywhere with a decent CNC machine. I'm sure there are some in Vietnam as well.

</div></div>

I had a total of 5 eberlestock packs in the past 4 years .All were /are made in Vietnam. I admit I was a bit surprised when i saw the tag for the first time but I got used to it. I wouldn't be able to get a bag like that with all the features for that price if it was made in usa.

I kept the GSII and the terminator and I use them all the time. So far so good. Reminds me of Maxpedition and Emdom USA

I haven't read every post here, but consider this.

Some years ago Andy Grove the CEO of Intel stated that he would not open a chip manufacturing plant in the USA as it would cost an extra BILLION dollars in regulatory complice! He stated that labor costs were not the major factor, it was the government.

who cares? if a product is good and has good QA then who gives a crap.

There’s several reasons why one might care, and it’s not always about quality.

1. What are the working conditions of the factories?

2. What is the money that goes to the factory used for?

3. Would I rather support American manufacturing, as a principle?

4. Did the manufacture switch to an overseas manufacturing to cut cost? And if so…did they pass that cost savings on to the consumer, or did they just do it to increase their profit margin?

You might not care, and you have the right to “not care”. But, I think it’s a very valid question.

There’s several reasons why one might care, and it’s not always about quality.

1. What are the working conditions of the factories?

2. What is the money that goes to the factory used for?

3. Would I rather support American manufacturing, as a principle?

4. Did the manufacture switch to an overseas manufacturing to cut cost? And if so…did they pass that cost savings on to the consumer, or did they just do it to increase their profit margin?

You might not care, and you have the right to “not care”. But, I think it’s a very valid question.
Whelp, that settles that from 13 years ago....

I think the "Who cares?" line warranted a reply, even a decade later. :)

( even if it's a computer program and not a person lol )

For the price I wouldn’t of thought they’d be made in china. They do have some really good gear that can handle rough use.

Well, thanks to someone whose first post is an 11 year thread necro, I'm reminded that some people used to think Eberlestock mattered ... 11 years ago.

Just get a Kifaru and support American made.

Flame on.