• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Eberlestock owners, have a question

ThomasA

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2010
I want to get an Eberlestock pack for a trip to Yellowstone I'm planning. I would like my sleeping bag and tent to fit inside. I've never seen an eberlestock in person so have no idea as to their actual physical size. Sleeping bag is 11x20in compressed and tent is 7.5x22in. I'll also be fitting 5-7 days of food, clothing layers, mess kit, all the usual stuff in there, which fit in to a 3 day pack with the tent and bag tied on externally just fine. I was looking at the FAC track pack F3F and half track pack F3M. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
-Thomas

Re: Eberlestock owners, have a question

Call Ceylon with Deltaoutdoorsman.com and he'll help you out...

Add: You might like the G3 better with the removable scabbard for duel application...

I have a Sky Crane II, and it will carry a ECWS sleep system and tent inside. After the sleeping bag, there really isn't room left inside for much else. You can also strap it to the outside of the pack and give yourself more room on the inside for other gear. Matter of fact, I think you can probably strap a VW to the outside of one of these things
grin.gif

That gear will fit in many of the packs, check the videos on the eberlestock website to get a better idea.

Biggest problem will be the weight, the G4 pack is 10 lbs empty. If you don't need something super rugged, I would find a pack with similar capacity weighing under 3 lbs.

Don't fail to call Ceylon. He WILL take the time to hear your questions, advise you on what will work best, and even send you pics. He helped me get exactly the pack I needed for my application, and trial and error is too expensive.

As a backpacker I have looked at Eberlestock packs and I feel the Dragonfly is the best size for what you (and I) want for hunting. It is expandable in volume and can also carry medium sized game quarters.

I like the military Daragonfly in Multicam camo pattern B/C it's Cordura fabric all over. Codura as a bit heavier and tougher than the hunting pack fabric.

<span style="font-weight: bold">EDIT</span>: After getting a fairly large Camelbak Commander camo hunting pack for backcountry skiing AND modyfing it by adding
>2 vertical aluminum stays,
>an REI padded hipbelt,
>2 bottom straps W/ QR buckles for sleeping mat,
>side strap QR buckles etc., etc.
I then discovered Eberlestock. AAaaaarrrggghhh!

Well, I'll still get a mil version Dragonfly. Then I'll have only 5 main packs and 3 day packs. (See my byline to understand my obsession.)

Talk to Ceylon .. he is the man with all the answers to all your questions...

Just for recreational packing there are much lighter packs to carry with more room, but with a rifle, i love my phantom.

Go on YouTube and search for Eberlestock.
Glen talks about almost every model.
You can even see them side by side.
Take a look at V90 Battleship
V60 Destroyer
J79 Skycrane II
and then call Ceylon for a good price.

hit up ceylon here on the hide, he will answer all your questions and sort you out with a great deal. he has excellent customer service . i found him a pleasure to deal with when i bought my gs2 off him.

well I dont have the luxury of calling from my current deployed location. it's a bit of a pain to go to the calling station and I have to pay a good fee for the minutes I use. But will get in contact with him through IM. Thank you all for the referral. Also, I've never been concerned with pack weight, I look at it as more PT
smile.gif

-Thomas

ThomasA - PM sent.

Ceylon is GTG! Also look into Promotive if it's an option or available to you.

I have an account with ProMotive but they dont have many models available and very limited color options.

Promotive is where I got my GS2. Had been watching for them to be available in the color I wanted and the savings to me was worth the wait.

If I couldn't of waited, I'd of gone through Ceylon and will probably get some accesories for my pack through him.

I have a Phantom that I bought for a deployment back in '07 and have had no major problems with it. The only things I have had happen are the waist buckle broke (easy fix) and one of the plastic keepers to secure the zipper on one side for the removeable drag bag broke. Make sure to use the rain cover because the material on mine soaks the water right up and makes it extra fun to carry!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: procovert45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ceylon IS the man!!</div></div>

I will second this. He got me hooked up with an X3 when I needed it.

well I went ahead and ordered from promotive, since the discounts are awesome for military. Went with the skycrane II with a spike duffel attachment and rain cover. I think it'll be the last backpack I ever buy since it is modular from 1800-8000+ ci volume. Once I watched the video I was sold on this thing. Can't wait to try it out in the Wyoming wild when I get home.

Thomas, I have the skycrane 1 and 2. if you ever see the skycrane 1 used I would give it a try, its a much better pack in my opinion

"+1" for Eberlestock's G4 Operator and "+1E10" for Ceylon and his customer service.

Currently using the G4 (5000 cu in, 9lbs) for range ops, multi-day hiking, and training. The heavy-duty construction (true of all E packs), load carrying capacity, "smart design", and comfort are first-rate.

I just ordered a Dragonfly. I will update when I get it.

I don't think you will be disappointed... I have various Eberelstock packs (G2M, G4, S34) love and use them everyday... I think you made a great choice with the J79, it has the most flexibility for what you described.

I have neither a Eberelstock nor a Mystery Ranch, though I've always wanted one of the latter. Just another thing to consider.

I have a rucksack for day hikes and a ~4000 cu inch EMS 70 for over night treks. I wouldn't say that that EMS bag is great, but it's certainly worth the 50% off or whatever I paid for it.

Received my dragonfly. Awesome pack, lots of room. Expands to double in size. Haven't tried the scabbard yet.