• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock X3 LoDrag pack **PICS**

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
lodrag1.jpg

Instead of throwing up a bunch of pics on this thread , I figured I'd start a stand-alone post featuring this new pack from Eberlestock.

This is the first production Eberlestock X3 LoDrag model I've evaluated since the SHOT Show in January. The demo displayed during the show turned a lot of heads & at the time was being referred to as the "Fastback" pack. Eberlestock initially forecasted a release date of early June but production delays pushed it to the 3rd week in July. On Tuesday of this week, Eberlestock started shipping the pack, listing the available color options as Coyote Brown ,Dry Earth, Military Green, Multicam, and Hide Open Rock Veil. Earlier today, the FedEx truck showed up & delivered one of my "demo" pack (full scale production model, just one that won't be sold). I picked it up & brought it home for some weekend t&e, finding a few minutes late this afternoon to get some pics of the pack.

My initial impressions are very positive. The fabric is made from 420d nylon, the same material being used for the V69 Destroyer & V90 Battleship pack. It is lightweight & very durable and carries similiar water repelling properties as the cordura fabric used with many of their other packs.

The layout isn't totally unique to the Eberlestock family takes design & layout features from both the "hunting" and "tactical" backpack lines & incorporates them into one pack. The quoted internal cargo capacity runs around 2,300 cubic inches, adding the scabbard will approach 2,900-3,000 c.i. There are two ways to access the interior of the pack, via zipper access at the top section and lower section at the front of the pack. The top flap, once unzipped, has a mesh organizer pocket, giving you a good place to keep a hunting license, map, wallet, etc. The internal cargo area of the top compartment features a laptop/tablet divider, giving the user to safely carry such a device or a notebook, dope book, etc. There are also two vertical hydration sleeves, giving you the ability to run either 2 or 3 liter bladders. Remove the divider at the bottom of the top section & you have access to the lower compartment of the pack (you can also access this area by the simply unzipping the lower front section of the front of the pack). The lower compartment is pretty much a "box" layout, with no unique characteristics other than giving you additional space to store your gear.

The exterior of the X3 LoDrag is generously proportioned with molle webbing. Both the Eberlestock 2 liter accessory pouch & saddle bag accessories would be at home mounted at the front of the pack, while the side molle webbing is probably better suited for the 2 liter pouch vs. the saddle bag. One great aspect of molle webbing is that allows the user to add mag pouches, cargo/ accessory pouches, etc., regardless of manufacturer. This is one area where going Multicam gives a lot of flexibility as that pattern is consistant regardless of vendor. You can have a Multicam Eberlestock pack, a Multicam Tactical Tailor mag pouch, a Condor/Voodoo Tactical Dump Pouch and a Multicam SpecOPS General Purpose pouch and ALL will match. There are hydration bottle pockets at the lower section of each side of the pack, which can also be used as a lower support for running a tripod, side scabbard, etc. The compression straps (2 per side, designed to compress diagonally) are installed in a ways that compresses the sides of the pack, not across the front. This is a nice feature as it allows for the load to be compressed in a way that centers the load over the user's center of gravity.

Finally, the harness & suspension system (ie--the hip belt & shoulder straps) are typical Eberlestock. There is a large lumbar pad on the X3 and the shoulder straps are vertically adjustable to accomodate different torso sizes. The hip belt is removable & can be swapped out for either a small or large girth version so both smaller & larger users can customize a correct fit. A plastic frame sheet gives support & form to the back area & helps support the user's cargo load. The scabbard is identical in capacity & dimensions to that used for the Gunslinger II and G4 Operator. It will accomodate a weapon up to 60 inches and is wide enough to house large rifle setups with tactical stocks & optics mounts. The bottom line is that, from a scabbard point of view, the X3 LoDrag offers the same rifle carrying capabilities as both the Gunslinger II and G4 Operator, two packs that are notably larger & heavier than the LoDrag backpack.

These are just my initial observations & I'm sure they will evolve as I have more time with the pack & feedback comes in from you guys. I have high hopes that this pack is the answer to the market demographic that wants the scabbard capacity of the Eberlestock Gunslinger II & G4 Operator without the added dimensions and weight. I also see dual purposes for the X3 LoDrag, the obvious being a great daypack for tactical matches but also as a hunting rig that will allow hunters using tactical rifle setups to hump their gear up & down hills comfortably in their quest for a trophy kill.

Thanks for reading my initial review. Yes, the Group Buy is now OPEN for the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag AND V69 Destroyer backpacks. I'm going to keep it open through August 7th at 12 midnight. <span style="font-style: italic">If you're interested, please send me a PM or give me a call and I'll give you the details.</span> I sincerely appreciate Lowlight & the mods allowing me to be here as a sponsor & am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the packs, this Group Buy, etc.

Thanks!
Ceylon Blackwell
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808
P1100849Medium.jpg

P1100850Medium.jpg

P1100851Medium.jpg

P1100854Medium.jpg

P1100852Medium.jpg

P1100853Medium.jpg

P1100855Medium.jpg

P1100856Medium.jpg

P1100857Medium.jpg

Re: Eberlestock LoDrag pack **PICS**

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">
FedEx says mine will be here in the morning. Looking forward to trying it out. Thanks again.

Bob
</span>

Can't wait to get mine, Glad they came out with this as the heavier bags are a bit much for the hot summer months.

Oh Ceylon why did you have to show me this!

LOL. Now im totally caught up between this and the GS2.

Just about perfect.
I checked your website to see the "open slope" and "rock veil" patterns, but did'nt see them (guess they work better than I thought!). Ju gots any pictures ov dos mang?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Ceylon why did you have to show me this!

LOL. Now im totally caught up between this and the GS2. </div></div>

HaHa!!! You're the third guy since Thursday who has said that! Seriously, both are awesome packs. Here are some pics of the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag next to a Gunslinger II (my current range bag)...
P1100859Medium.jpg

P1100860Medium.jpg

P1100861Medium.jpg

Some comparisons between the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag vs. the Gunslinger II are as follows:
LoDrag________Gunslinger II
Weight: 5.5 lbs________7.0 lbs
Capacity: 2,300 c.i.________2,900 c.i.
Scabbard: @600 c.i.________@600 c.i.
Material: 420d nylon________600 cordura
Butt Cover: extra________included

These are just a few comparisons. I'm sure this list will grow as I have more time with the two side by side...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just about perfect.
I checked your website to see the "open slope" and "rock veil" patterns, but did'nt see them (guess they work better than I thought!). Ju gots any pictures ov dos mang? </div></div>
I'll have some pics posted this afternoon for the following:

--Eberlestock V69 Destroyer in Dry Earth;
--Eberlestock MiniMe in Hide Open Rock Veil;
--Eberlestock V90 Battleship in Hide Open Western Slope;

Thanks!
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808

Re: Eberlestock X3 LoDrag pack **PICS**

FedEx dropped off my LoDrag about 15 minutes ago. First impresion is it's much better for me than the Gunrunner was. Much better hip belt, shoulder straps and stability. The scabbard is much more roomy. I'll try my LR-308 in a bit. I didn't realize that the harness is vertically adjustable. Bonus. I'll load it up and give it a try. Thanks Ceylon!

Bob

</span>

Scoped LR-308 fits like a champ! Remington 700 SA 26" barrel and Leupold 6.5-20 with turrets, bipod attached, fits fine.

Bob
</span>

All PM's replied. Thanks so much for the interest & participation guys.

I'll be sending shipment tracking #s to the guys who have bought gear on Monday afternoon. Just check your PM inbox.

Thanks again!
Ceylon

Ceylon

I have sent you a couple PM's and have had no reply! I am after a pack, maybe 2 since seeing the X3 LoDrag.

This pack allows rifle to be carried muzzle up or down?

Cheers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ackley Improved</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ceylon

I have sent you a couple PM's and have had no reply! I am after a pack, maybe 2 since seeing the X3 LoDrag.

This pack allows rifle to be carried muzzle up or down?

Cheers
</div></div>
Guilty as charged! Man, I'm sorry for not replying your PM. Your message got buried with Group Buy inquiries & I missed it. I'll have a reply to you ASAP & thanks for letting me know I missed you.

Regarding your question, the scabbard of the X3 LoDrag backpack is idential to that used with the Eberlestock G4 Operator and Gunslinger II. It allows for your rifle to be carried either muzzle up or down. One difference, unfortunately, is the scabbard Butt Cover (GSTC) is not included with the LoDrag while it IS included when you buy a GS II or G4.

Thanks & I'll have your reply soon.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just about perfect.
I checked your website to see the "open slope" and "rock veil" patterns, but did'nt see them (guess they work better than I thought!). Ju gots any pictures ov dos mang? </div></div>

Thanks for asking. Here are the two new Eberlestock camo patterns, Hide Open Western Slope and Hide Open Rock Veil. The first pack is the V90 Battleship in Western Slope:
V90HP20sm1.jpg

P1100867Medium.jpg

This pack is a Mini Me and a H2 Gunrunner in Rock Veil:
rockveil.jpg

P1100232Medium.jpg

P1100862Medium.jpg

I really like the patterns. Western Slope is essentially a hybrid of Mossy Oak Brush & Advantage Max1. The Rock Veil pattern is harder to describe but should work well in areas where you're hunting rocky terrain.

Ceylon,
Thanks much for the posted pics, these are much better than the web site pics.
I like both alot thinking either one would work for my area in SW MO- though everything is burned up...

The more brown the better

Ceylon, roughly speaking, how does the X3 LoDrag compare in price to a GSII?

<span style="font-style: italic">"I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag..."</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ceylon, roughly speaking, how does the X3 LoDrag compare in price to a GSII?

<span style="font-style: italic">"I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag..."</span> </div></div>

You'll save a few bucks. The MAP set by Eberlestock is $179.00, versus $289.00 for the Gunslinger II. The Group Buy is a nice deal
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arbiter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ceylon, roughly speaking, how does the X3 LoDrag compare in price to a GSII?

<span style="font-style: italic">"I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag, I don't need another bag..."</span> </div></div>

You'll save a few bucks. The MAP set by Eberlestock is $179.00, versus $289.00 for the Gunslinger II. The Group Buy is a nice deal
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks for the info. The angled compression straps look strange, but I can see how they might make the loads significantly more comfortable by centering them up properly.

wow, i do love their bags, now i need a few more eberlstock bags

Ceylon,
I received my LoDrag Saturday. Thanks! It works out much better for me than the Gunrunner. The other difference between the LoDrag and GSII scabbards is the LoDrag doesn't have the clean out zipper. No big deal at all, just FYI.

The larger scabbard, full size hip belt and shoulder harness and that it's both a panel and top loader make the LoDrag a great midsize pack! Actually, I'll probably use it more than my J107. It handles the LR308 platform easily as well as bolt guns with large scopes and turrets.

Bob
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobcape</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">
Ceylon,
I received my LoDrag Saturday. Thanks! It works out much better for me than the Gunrunner. The other difference between the LoDrag and GSII scabbards is the LoDrag doesn't have the clean out zipper. No big deal at all, just FYI.

The larger scabbard, full size hip belt and shoulder harness and that it's both a panel and top loader make the LoDrag a great midsize pack! Actually, I'll probably use it more than my J107. It handles the LR308 platform easily as well as bolt guns with large scopes and turrets.

Bob
</span> </div></div>
Thanks for the feedback & observation regarding the scabbard. I meant to mention that & somehow it got left out of my post.

Glen & the Eberlestock gang haven't stopped this summer with the release of four new packs. They just added their FIFTH new pack to the catalog!!! It is called the <span style="color: #000099">Eberlestock X4 HiSpeed backpack</span>. It is idential to the X3 LoDrag <span style="font-style: italic">except</span> it does <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> come with the scabbard. Shipping has started today and it is available in Coyote Brown, Dry Earth, Military Green, and Multicam. No hunting camo options are planned for 2011. I have 2 on order & they should be delivered this Friday for t&e. If it is as well made as the X3 LoDrag, then this will make for a fantastic "3-Day Assault" pack or as a bug out bag. I'll be updating deltaoutdoorsman.com with the specs later this afternoon. Here are the marketing pics from Eberlstock, more to come once I get these in hand:

hispeed1.jpg

hispeed2.jpg

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I would be interested to hear some feedback on the compression straps and side webbing. They seem to be at a strange angle. I understand the reasoning on the compression straps, but the web in particular looks like it could have issues depending on what is attached - i.e. longer pouch poking you in the kidneys, strange angle to access mags etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BapZander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to hear some feedback on the compression straps and side webbing. They seem to be at a strange angle. I understand the reasoning on the compression straps, but the web in particular looks like it could have issues depending on what is attached - i.e. longer pouch poking you in the kidneys, strange angle to access mags etc. </div></div>
I hear you. As with any new product, some time in the field will help with evaluating the overall performance & design of the pack.

Hopefully some of the guys who have joined the Group Buy over this past weekend will beging to receive their packs on Wednesday. I'm sure some comments & reviews will start to trickle in as the packs get some use.

I've had a few questions about the integral laptop/organizer sleeve of the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag. I got my demo out & decided to measure the width in order to determine how wide a laptop/organizer/tablet/dope book will fit within the sleeve.

P1100852Medium.jpg

The width of the sleeve, running left to right as is shown in the picture above, is approximately 9 inches. So, if you have a large laptop & it is more than 9" in width, it won't fit within the sleeve. HOWEVER it will fit behind it, running the length of the backside of the pack just in front of the vertical bladder sleeves. My laptop measures approximately 9.75" in width and would not fit within the sleeve but had no problem at all fitting just behind the sleeve.

Hope this helps. If there are any other technical questions, just ask!

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

I received my pack today. Thanks a lot Ceylon!!! This is my first Eberlestock pack, so I don't have a lot to compare too. However, I've bow and rifle hunted quite a bit with my Badlands Superday, and while the Badlands doesn't do much for carrying a rifle, it's a damn fine pack. So I had an idea of what I needed in a pack. I wanted a pack ideal for day hunting with the ability to carry a bigger rifle in a scabbord. My only other requirement was that I could strap a spotter and tripod to the thing. Mission accomplished. I haven't put this pack to use yet, but just from playing around with it so far, I think it will be a great pack for my purposes.

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

I REALLY like the storage for the end of the scabbord. You can easily stuff an extra jacket or rain gear in there. With the Badlands I was used to strapping it to the bottom. This will work just as good or better I think.

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Main compartment without the divider. Plenty of room for gear for either a trip to the range, or a day out hunting. My 80mm spotter fits very easily inside, if you choose to carry it that way.
IMG_0539.jpg

With divider:
IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

It's kind of a pain to get in through the top with the spotter and tripod strapped to the sides. But they do have another access point, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. So far, I really like what I see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BapZander</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to hear some feedback on the compression straps and side webbing. They seem to be at a strange angle. I understand the reasoning on the compression straps, but the web in particular looks like it could have issues depending on what is attached - i.e. longer pouch poking you in the kidneys, strange angle to access mags etc. </div></div>
Is there anything in particular you'd like to see mounted at the side webbing? I should have some time today to try some different gear. I'll get some pics too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceylonc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobcape</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">
Ceylon,

Bob
</span> </div></div>
Thanks for the feedback & observation regarding the scabbard. I meant to mention that & somehow it got left out of my post.

Glen & the Eberlestock gang haven't stopped this summer with the release of four new packs. They just added their FIFTH new pack to the catalog!!! It is called the <span style="color: #000099">Eberlestock X4 HiSpeed backpack</span>. It is idential to the X3 LoDrag <span style="font-style: italic">except</span> it does <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> come with the scabbard. Shipping has started today and it is available in Coyote Brown, Dry Earth, Military Green, and Multicam. No hunting camo options are planned for 2011. I have 2 on order & they should be delivered this Friday for t&e. If it is as well made as the X3 LoDrag, then this will make for a fantastic "3-Day Assault" pack or as a bug out bag. I'll be updating deltaoutdoorsman.com with the specs later this afternoon. Here are the marketing pics from Eberlstock, more to come once I get these in hand:

hispeed1.jpg

hispeed2.jpg

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
</div></div>

Does it come with a sleeve for a scabbard like some of their other packs?

I should know later today when my demo packs arrive. To my knowledge, they do not, but I will confirm...

I got my pack yesterday. I am VERY pleased with it. It fits all of my gear perfectly.

The side webbing is set at an angle that seems to make it of very limited use, but I don't have plans to cover this thing with extra pouches anyway.

The interior is much easier to access than the Gunslingers that we have, and is better laid out. I don't care for the butt cover of the Gunslinger or the flap on the top. This is a much better design for my needs. Rifle fits fine, perfect fit for the gear I carry, pack is very comfortable (tested it at home then on a short deployment way too early this morning where I had to do a little walking and getting up and down the sides of a creek), and everything seemed to have a place. The pack seems sturdily built, and will likely survive the requisite tossing around and general abuse that it will get in the near future.

I couldn't be happier with the product or the service from Ceylon.

2011-07-29173508.jpg

2011-07-29173530.jpg

2011-07-29173521.jpg

Hi ceylonc,

Is it possible to add a butt cover on this bag ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob7-08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi ceylonc,

Is it possible to add a butt cover on this bag ? </div></div>
Thanks for your interest. Yes, you can add the GSTC Butt Cover accessory from Eberlestock. However, it is only available at this time in Dry Earth and Military Green. If you already own a Gunslinger II or G4 Operator, then you can switch the Butt Cover from that pack interchangably with the X3 LoDrag. Eberlestock is aware of the need to add more options to the GSTC accessory offering but I wouldn't count on other options being available in 2011.

Hope this help!
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsmann.com

Spdsnypr - which accessory pocket do you have on the back? Does it ride secure without flopping around? Thanks.

Bob
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobcape</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">
Spdsnypr - which accessory pocket do you have on the back? Does it ride secure without flopping around? Thanks.

Bob
</span> </div></div>

I got the saddle bag HERE

When I first put it on, I put in on wrong (there are 4 clips instead of a MOLLE type back, so you can attach it to the wrong row of PALS). It was floppy and a corner came loose. I stretched it with a little effort to the next row od PALS webbing, and it seems secure now. I put a SLIK tripod by PRS along with a LRF in there, and it's like it was made for it. I honestly could have just as easily put the tripod on the other side in the same spot I put the spotting scope, but this fit so nice I just left it. I've only had it a few days, and will play with the setup for awhile.

I went to this from an Eagle Ind drag bag, and this is SO much better for what I do. I'm not out skull dragging with the drag bag in tow, and this pack keeps everything organized and in place to either walk to where I need to be or keep everything in the trunk in one place so I can grab it and go.

I got my pack thanks ceylonc great doing business with you. Here is a picture of my pack I won't be able to use it for a bit but I think I am going to be happy with it.
005-1.jpg

Another big +1 for Ceylon!
I didn't get one of the new packs, but I got a G4 from him this week. Called Tues evening and felt like I was talking to a cousin as our discussion on the best color for a pack led us to SEC football. Pack came Friday after lunch. Great price. Great service. I know why everybody gives a big thumbs up to Ceylon. Here's wishing for more businesses with his kind of customer service.

I received my first Eberlestock X4 HiSpeed packs over the weekend but was out of town for a wedding. Haven't had the opportunity to really go over the pack but it appears identical to the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag pack with the exception being that it lacks the integrated scabbard. Also, there is no hidden vertical sleeve within the pack that would allow the user to add one of the accessory scabbards. However, your can run a A1SS Side Shotgun Scabbard at either side or run the Eberlestock Butt Bucket at the front face if you want the ability to secure a weapon to the pack.

A review & pics will follow this week in its own thread. Still working on the V69 Destroyer review & should have that done this week as well...

I really like the X3 I was wondering if the shotgun side scabbard would mount up on the X3

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like the X3 I was wondering if the shotgun side scabbard would mount up on the X3

Dustin </div></div>
Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your question. I'll give it a try & post some pics this evening. Due to the angle of the side webbing, I may have to get creative in securing it. We'll see how they mate up shortly...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks a ton that might just make up my mind..

Dustin </div></div>
Sorry for the delay but I finally got some pics of the Eberlestock A1SS Shotgun Side Scabbard being used in conjunction with the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag and/or the X4 HiSpeed pack. The difference between these two packs is the built in scabbard. The X4 doesn't have one, whereas the X3 has it integrated to the pack, just like the Gunslinger II, G4 Operator, etc.

The pics are of the X4 HiSpeed pack. The side construction, dimensions, and Molle webbing are identical between the two packs. All I did was run the A1SS Shotgun Scabbard behind the built in compression straps of the pack. The tip of the scabbard was inserted into the side pocket of the pack to give some bottom support to the scabbard. You don't have to run the scabbard within this pocket but I chose to do so for simplicity. Here are the pics:
P1110001.jpg

P1110002.jpg

P1110004.jpg

As you can see from the pics, the scabbard plus shotgun (Winchester 1200 Defender) does sit a little high but this problem can be alleviated if you're just running a shotgun with pistol grip or want to suspend the scabbard without using the side pocket for bottom support. Also, I recommend using Eberlestock accessory straps or zip ties to further secure the scabbard & pack webbing.

Overall, I believe that using the A1SS Shotgun Scabbard in conjunction with either the X3 or X4 pack is simple and functional. The issue of the molle webbing at the side of the pack being angled isn't going to limit using this accessory with the pack.

Any other questions or ideas, just ask!

Thanks
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

bump.

Got in on this deal today, Ceylon seems like a great guy (thanks!).

I've had a few questions as to whether the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag or X4 HiSpeed backpacks feature a layout that lends itself as a daily "business/school" pack. When I think of using a backpack for such applications, whether or not it "works" or not is going to depend on what you carry daily. Personally, I use a Spec/OPS "T.H.E. Pack" as my daily carrier. The pack is bulletproof, offers two large front exterior pockets, and has a large cargo area that lends itself well to carrying an oversized laptop, a bunch of files with product catalogs, and my 'Droid tablet & mobile WiFi card. Based on my initial impressions on the LoDrag & HiSpeed design, I'm not going to switch from what I'm currently using as my daily carrier. Neither the top or bottom compartments of the X3 or X4 are designed for carrying the 15-20 different file folders I carry daily. Also, I really like having external pockets for pens, business cards, spare batteries, etc. and there is no built in external pocket(s) for either the LoDrag or HiSpeed.

This isn't to say that the Eberlestock X3 LoDrag or X4 HiSpeed suffers from a limited design. I'm just saying that it is better suited for use as a 3 day assault pack, range pack, run & gun, or hiking day pack than it is for being carried for strictly business purposes.

Just my $.02.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com
(901)334-6808

I just recieved mine. What shipping, had it in 4 days from the day I sent my MO. Thank you ceylonc, I will be doing more buisness with you.

What an asset to all of us here on the hide.

Thanks for the generous comments. It is an honor to be here & work with the 'Hide membership.

The Group Buy will be coming to a close tonight at Midnight. If you're interested, there is still time to take advantage of the deal. Shoot me a PM or give me a call & I'll give you the details.

Thanks again!
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

Get it while the gettin' is good fellas!

Ceylon's deals and CS are top flight!

Ordered it Sunday, it showed up today. Pack looks awesome - really looking forward to trying it out. Rest of the order should show up in a couple days. Awesome service and a good guy to deal with. Would definitely buy from Ceylonc again.

Darby