• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ebola virus patients are being transported from west Africa to Atlanta

I should probably start a thread about the time I accidently imported my tapeworm into the United States.

For sure I should have been quarantined at the time, but I wasn't.

Every large fire starts small....

Malaria doesn't survive in this county's climate, although it likely will begin to in places like Florida and souther Louisiana sooner, rather than later, and it requires a mosquito vector.

There was malaria in this country at one time but I think DDT put that to rest.

Plenty of people in Africa, the Pacific and other malarial places Im sure would gladly trade the raptor species for the return of DDT.

Malaria and sickle cell are a neat example of two wrongs making a right. Ive been interested in the thought that sickle cell, a negative trait, becomes a poitive in West Africa, because the mishapen cells are less attractive to Malaria. A wrong becomes a right in some instances.

Edit - Should have read page 6 before answering I see KyPatriot and others had my point well covered.

I was up in the Wells Maine/Kennybunkport area last weekend Rachel Carson is well memorialized there. I can certainly attest to the fact there are a shitload more hawks in the area since the time I was a kid, I dont think I ever saw a hawk in the wild until the 90's (Boston area). I probably dont advocate taking the Harley servicars out of mothballs and resuming the mosquito patrols that would spray DDT into catchbasins but EEE, West Nile and who knows what else mosquito diseases are no joke in the Northeast. If DDT were effective against Lyme I think the hawks may lose some friends.

Regards the environmental movement embracing disease vectors at the expense of humanity not really shocking when someone that considers themself enligthened and elite sees value in the death of the "proletariat".

Last edited:
Ebola can replace suicide bombers. Think of a terrorist purposely getting infected and then the amount of time he/she has to spread it around.

Think about it.

Ebola can replace suicide bombers. Think of a terrorist purposely getting infected and then the amount of time he/she has to spread it around.

Think about it.

The key is to combine the tactics, infection/suicide bomber, to become a walking biological dirty bomb. The responders wont have a clue in the immediacy.

The alternative wont work so well because it has been my habit to run like hell when I observe individuals approaching actively hemmoraghing from their ass and eyeballs.

One further comment regards the DDT/Environmentalist debate. I think they expose their hand when they fail to advocate for an alternative.

Did Rachel Carson proclaim the hazards of DDT but recognize at the same time its enermous benefit to humans? Id give the movement more respect if it had shown a respect for human life by stating its as important to find an environmentally safe replacement for DDT as it is to end the use of DDT.

You do realize you are the same distance from "the virus" as you were six months ago...right?

Yes but then it was in tubes. Not in humans walking around. Look all I said was this wasn't a good idea to bring them back here. That's my opinion and I'm sure that I can still have one of my own.

Last edited:
Dengue, yellow fever, and various encephalitis causing viruses have been endemic in the US since colonial times and before.

Dengue is rampant across they Texas border in Mexico. It is an issue in the FL keys now. The vector is displacing other container breeding mosquitoes in some southern FL areas.

Chikingunya is a big risk. We are getting imported cases and it is just a matter of time before we have local transmission.

There was malaria in this country at one time but I think DDT put that to rest.

Plenty of people in Africa, the Pacific and other malarial places Im sure would gladly trade the raptor species for the return of DDT.

Malaria and sickle cell are a neat example of two wrongs making a right. Ive been interested in the thought that sickle cell, a negative trait, becomes a poitive in West Africa, because the mishapen cells are less attractive to Malaria. A wrong becomes a right in some instances.

Edit - Should have read page 6 before answering I see KyPatriot and others had my point well covered.

I was up in the Wells Maine/Kennybunkport area last weekend Rachel Carson is well memorialized there. I can certainly attest to the fact there are a shitload more hawks in the area since the time I was a kid, I dont think I ever saw a hawk in the wild until the 90's (Boston area). I probably dont advocate taking the Harley servicars out of mothballs and resuming the mosquito patrols that would spray DDT into catchbasins but EEE, West Nile and who knows what else mosquito diseases are no joke in the Northeast. If DDT were effective against Lyme I think the hawks may lose some friends.

Regards the environmental movement embracing disease vectors at the expense of humanity not really shocking when someone that considers themself enligthened and elite sees value in the death of the "proletariat".

Right pmclaine, and by the way the hawks would do just fine if DDT came back. The audobon society, certainly no enemy to birds, found that their own census data showed that bird populations were increasing during the height of DDT use but no matter, the die was cast.

My point was that these same people are still around and if anything their thinking has only become more radical. A pandemic would, no pun intended, kill two birds with one stone: reduce the human population and the emergency response to the crises gives them the perfect opportunity to increase the government powers and controls they so desire. Truly an environmentalist statist's idea of a win-win.

If it sounds as if I am exaggerating, here are a few more quotes from these same agencies and people behind all the "research" science that is really environmentalist propaganda:

"Sierra Club wants a ban on pesticides, even in countries where DDT has kept malaria under control...[because by] using DDT, we reduce mortality rates in underdeveloped countries without the consideration of how to support the increase in populations."
-Sierra Club director Michael in 1971 McCloskey. McCloskey was asked about this as late as 2006 and didn't deny it.

"[Any known alternative to DDT] only kills farm workers, and most of them are Mexicans and Negroes. So what? People are the cause of all the problems. We have too many of them. We need to get rid of some of them and this is as good a way as any,"
-attributed to Dr. Charles Wurster, chairman of the Environmental Defense Fund's Scientific Advisory Council and a key promoter of the DDT ban by a colleague who was fired by the EDF. Wurster denies he said those exact words.

The second qoute may be spurious, but there is no denying that the general sentiment it expresses is alive and well in the environmental movement.

Last edited:
Right pmclaine, and by the way the hawks would do just fine if DDT came back. The audobon society, certainly no enemy to birds, found that their own census data showed that bird populations were increasing during the height of DDT use but no matter, the die was cast.

My point was that these same people are still around and if anything their thinking has only become more radical. A pandemic would, no pun intended, kill two birds with one stone: reduce the human population and the emergency response to the crises gives them the perfect opportunity to increase the government powers and controls they so desire. Truly an environmentalist statist's idea of a win-win.

If it sounds as if I am exaggerating, here are a few more quotes from these same agencies and people behind all the "research" science that is really environmentalist propaganda:

"Sierra Club wants a ban on pesticides, even in countries where DDT has kept malaria under control...[because by] using DDT, we reduce mortality rates in underdeveloped countries without the consideration of how to support the increase in populations."
-Sierra Club director Michael in 1971 McCloskey. McCloskey was asked about this as late as 2006 and didn't deny it.

"[Any known alternative to DDT] only kills farm workers, and most of them are Mexicans and Negroes. So what? People are the cause of all the problems. We have too many of them. We need to get rid of some of them and this is as good a way as any,"
-attributed to Dr. Charles Wurster, chairman of the Environmental Defense Fund's Scientific Advisory Council and a key promoter of the DDT ban by a colleague who was fired by the EDF. Wurster denies he said those exact words.

The second qoute may be spurious, but there is no denying that the general sentiment it expresses is alive and well in the environmental movement.

Typical Thomas Malthus pessimists.

I look on the bright side if life and hang with Locke.

"PS- If the good Dr is still breathing, not a puddle of fluid, in one week Ill believe it."

Well it appears the good Dr. is going to make it!

"PS- If the good Dr is still breathing, not a puddle of fluid, in one week Ill believe it."

Well it appears the good Dr. is going to make it!

.........and that is a most excellent thing.

Another kick in the nuts for the idea that the US is not exceptional.

I can see the thought process down in North Cackalackey

"So dis here do gooder, no good liberal wants to take away my tobacco farming livelihood. So lets say I take these here tobaccy plants and use them to cure Ebola. That will show those libtards."

American ingenuity and why having the eagle puke in your mouth for subsistence only breeds dependence and a stifling of the creative mind.

I know, right? What were they thinking flying them to the States and telling them to run around Atlanta and rub themselves all over a bunch of folks who don't have the disease!

Sigh. You know it's possible to quarantine and isolate one or two patients quite easily, right? If this was an entire village of hundreds or thousands, they wouldn't have flown them to the States on a private jet with an isolation chamber and took every precaution to minimize exposure.

This thread is full of people freaking the fuck out about things they really don't need to freak the fuck out about.

When you have sat and stared at a 40 year old on a lung bypass machine (echmo)and continuous dialysis (crrt) while on 7 different forms of adrenaline to maintain a bp, because he caught the FLU, you can tell me bringing hemorrhagic death to an area devoid of hemorrhagic death is a good idea.

I mean you might be the Albert Einstein of medicine, I'm not. My common sense tells me keep the germs out of areas that ain't got them.

Also the Flu doesn't kill 50% of those who get it... Like hemorrhagic death does. Let's not forget that if you actually survive Ebola there is a chance your balls could be inflamed for life. Why risk it?

Also the Flu doesn't kill 50% of those who get it... Like hemorrhagic death does. Let's not forget that if you actually survive Ebola there is a chance your balls could be inflamed for life. Why risk it?

Lets drop that shit on ISIS.