• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EBR 7c reticle

black max

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 2, 2012
    world wide
    Been looking at the 7c reticle and the center dot seems extremely small. Does anyone have issues with the dot size when on targets or darker backgrounds?

No if can’t see dot center up opening and edge as needed

Been looking at the 7c reticle and the center dot seems extremely small. Does anyone have issues with the dot size when on targets or darker backgrounds?

Nope. If you were worried then pop on the illumination. Will stand out great against darker backgrounds.

Reactions: 10ring'r
    Nope. If you were worried then pop on the illumination. Will stand out great against darker backgrounds.
    That's the conclusion I came to. Pulled the trigger on a 4.5-27. I pick it up today, we'll see how I like it.

Reactions: Rob01
    I have one. Almost a perfect reticle if they had continued the crosshairs to the center. The dot is really small. Below 18x it is barely visible to me. It's great for shooting paper at 100 yards. And it's fine anytime you have the power cranked up. But, personally, I'm not a fan of center dots, because they tend to be too small, IMHO.

Sorry guys. Was in a hurry.
    if I can’t see the center dot against a certain background I just use the opening in the center and edge to whichever side I need for wind. I’ve only had one or two times I couldn’t see the center dot though.

Sorry guys. Was in a hurry.
    if I can’t see the center dot against a certain background I just use the opening in the center and edge to whichever side I need for wind. I’ve only had one or two times I couldn’t see the center dot though.
    Turn on your illumination and you could. ;)

I personally think it’s smaller than it should be. Illumination while helpful doesn’t fix the fundamental issue. I tend to use scopes on the lower portion of the power availability.

But many people disagree...

The only issue is seeing it against a dark background and illumination does take care of that problem. It is a small dot and made for taking a precise shot. I like being able to drop it in the center of a 3/8" dot at 100 yards to get a good zero. The open center itself is only .2 mils wide with .1 mil on either side and top and bottom of the dot so the open center is only 7.6" at 1000 yards. Without even seeing the dot it would be a fairly precise hold with just the open center.

Reactions: 10ring'r and Deej
    These are not great pictures, but it gets the point across. Illumination is helpful. It’s not then end all.

Both pics are at 10 power, one with and one without illumination.

95D9FDFA-097E-4FF1-B1BF-B86F0896EA8A.jpeg

4EA399DD-0C1A-4646-80E9-5539D7669EE1.jpeg

Reactions: JohnTheFisherman
    And you would not even need the dot in that scenario as the reticle is easy enough to see on that lower power to make a shot. Again the small open center is fine enough.

I simply provided something for the OP to consider, given his question about a darker background.

There is no need to continually justify either my or your opinion.

Yet you and I both continue to do it. ;)