• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ECCO Machine attacked by their CC processor and web host

BigPrince

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 5, 2010
    GA,USA
    I've seen nothing but glowing reviews of Ecco Machine and their work. I have also had very pleasant experiences with them.

I hope if any folks here get a GoDaddy reversal they do the right thing and call Ecco to send it back to them. It's hard to believe something like this is legal. I hope Ecco's lawyers take them to the woodshed.

From Ecco's Facebook page:

bASEAYldHMz64jorDLgbco9OnK9A7EGEWkBcqceP-N0.jpg

Sources:

Mods - I posted this in Suppressors given the proximity to Ecco reviews but if it should be somewhere else, please move it and I apologize for the misplacement. Thank you.

Last edited:
    I read this on the Form 1 board. Its absolutely absurd. Im sure they'll cite some clause in their TOS, and bullshit their way out. Fucking Joke.

Nick is a great guy, operates 100% within the law, is a vetted SOT, and runs his business with his family. Definitely a stand up guy. Seems GD has drawn their line.

I read this on the Form 1 board. Its absolutely absurd. Im sure they'll cite some clause in their TOS, and bullshit their way out. Fucking Joke.

Nick is a great guy, operates 100% within the law, is a vetted SOT, and runs his business with his family. Definitely a stand up guy. Seems GD has drawn their line.
    If they can’t make them illegal, they’ll manipulate the rules and make it nearly impossible to get. The goal is to discourage at this point.

If they can’t make them illegal, they’ll manipulate the rules and make it nearly impossible to get. The goal is to discourage at this point.
    But didn't GoDaddy used to market themselves as a "Pro-2A" organization?

No matter the stance, or end goal, fucking with the food on a man's table aint right.

Reactions: Milf Dots and lash
    But didn't GoDaddy used to market themselves as a "Pro-2A" organization?

No matter the stance, or end goal, fucking with the food on a man's table aint right.
    Pressure to turn is probably coming from behind the scenes manipulator who has some controlling/financial interest. Just look at the big news over the last year. Wonder why nobody trusts them anymore? Maybe it’s because people truly in power made the decision to go a certain way. It’s wrong as fuck, but it’s a fact of life in this new world we are slowly watching being made for us. The working man is a target of opportunity, and a threat to the new plan.

This is not the first time GoGaddy has proven themselves to be anti 2A. A year ago they booted Arfcom and shutdown their website. If you read their prohibited activities it clearly states ....
    • Sale of guns, gun parts, weapons, or gunpowder and other explosives that can cause serious damage to persons or property.
    I'm surprised Ecco Machine was oblivious to the fact that they were doing banking and website business with anti 2nd Amendment GoDaddy. No doubt Godaddy waited until the most inopportune time to do the money grab and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with the shutting down of their website.

Its too bad there are businesses out there like GoDaddy. If you are reading this and have any control over your personal or business selection of website hosting and banking transactions, you know what to do with GoDaddy :mad:

This is not the first time GoGaddy has proven themselves to be anti 2A. A year ago they booted Arfcom and shutdown their website. If you read their prohibited activities it clearly states ....
    • Sale of guns, gun parts, weapons, or gunpowder and other explosives that can cause serious damage to persons or property.
    I'm surprised Ecco Machine was oblivious to the fact that they were doing banking and website business with anti 2nd Amendment GoDaddy. No doubt Godaddy waited until the most inopportune time to do the money grab and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with the shutting down of their website.

Its too bad there are businesses out there like GoDaddy. If you are reading this and have any control over your personal or business selection of website hosting and banking transactions, you know what to do with GoDaddy :mad:
    Still; a TOS violation, while getting someone the boot, does not give them the right to take money out of the account and return it to customers from sales past. Apparently most of which, were completed and returned.

GoDaddy has been 2A hostile for a while now. For that reason, we terminated our business relationship with them this year announcing on social media exactly why we were making the change.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    has godaddy, at least after the fact, admitted what they did? any chance this was some sort of hack? how does ecco know the cash was refunded to customers and not just stolen or the like? even if something nefarious as this was permitted in the TOS, i just can't see godaddy taking on the huge liability (and frankly the hassle/logistics) of pulling funds from ecco and refunding everyone. i mean, what if ecco had (theoretically) already refunded a bunch of customers for various reasons; they'd be getting double refunds. what if the refunds (esp with no notice) caused ecco to bounce checks, payroll, etc? i'd certainly be contacting a serious legal firm asafp.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    This is absolutely vile. One year ago Ecco and I had a very contentious discussion regarding the direction of this country and the recourse available to us. I will admit that I had hoped I was wrong. I specifically referenced this exact scenario. Ecco does incredible work and is a tremendous asset to this community. I really hope that his customers do the right thing. If he creates a link / account for donations I will contribute.

Reactions: AMGtuned
    Wow, I will never do any business with Go Daddy. I don't recall the specifics, but heard some nasty stuff about them about the time Parler got de-platformed.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    Why don’t we as the entire 2A community bombard go daddy with hate mail, like the leftists do to every freedom loving company that does something they don’t like? Two can play at this game, we just always choose to “take the high road.” Fuck that. All is fair in love and war. If you don’t think what is going on right now in this country is war, you aren’t paying attention.

has godaddy, at least after the fact, admitted what they did? any chance this was some sort of hack? how does ecco know the cash was refunded to customers and not just stolen or the like? even if something nefarious as this was permitted in the TOS, i just can't see godaddy taking on the huge liability (and frankly the hassle/logistics) of pulling funds from ecco and refunding everyone. i mean, what if ecco had (theoretically) already refunded a bunch of customers for various reasons; they'd be getting double refunds. what if the refunds (esp with no notice) caused ecco to bounce checks, payroll, etc? i'd certainly be contacting a serious legal firm asafp.
    Problem being, who has a stable of lawyers on staff/on retainer ? I'd venture to guess it ISN'T Ecco. Lawsuits ain't cheap.

Fuck Go Daddy.

Anyone that received a refund from Go Daddy, please square up with Ecco as soon as possible. They're the Good Guys !!!

Can anyone point me in the direction for a good form1 kit. I wanna send some business their way and use the recoring service

Can anyone point me in the direction for a good form1 kit. I wanna send some business their way and use the recoring service
    You'll just need a decent tube, with an end cap you can bore, once approved. Unless you have specific internals in mind.

I would get tube and end cap from superprecisionconcepts.com , if it were me. They're under transition of ownership, and items will be restocked soon, if not already.

Better than spending time and energy on GoDaddy, why don’t we send a bunch of business to Ecco machine, be patient with the increased order volume, and leave positive reviews. Send revenue their way to help.
    How about.......BOTH?

Reactions: Feesh
    That may be easy as a gun owner but much more difficult as a business owner.
    ECCO changed processors in 24 hrs. ARFCOM was up with a new host in similar time.

If you are with GD start your transition now before you get screwed.

If you are starting a new business do not even consider going there.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    Yes he changed after they took all of his funds. Do you run a business ? Have a website ? Understand how the website host takes payments and then your payout options ? I am a business owner and have a website, not through GD but their payment processing, the whole website hosting once setup is most likely why Ecco had not changed hosts prior to having his funds stolen

Ha! My business did it. We just planned ahead and got it done.

If gun folks were as good at fighting, as they are blowing smoke and making excuses, we wouldn’t be in this position to begin with.

Gays, the SPARTANS of political and cultural warfare would drop them yesterday. For christ sake k-pop teens are more feared as an economic demographic than 2Aers.

Judas priest, when will gun owners get tired of taking last place somewhere behind the gay SPARTANS and freakin k-pop girls......!

Someone has to step up for a 2A web hosting with Russian ,Chinese or any other communist country banking since American Banks and corporations are enemies of 2A.That is the only way to fight back with foreign state actors against our anti 2A government.

Yes he changed after they took all of his funds
    Well exactly why folks should get off it RFN.
    Do you run a business ? Have a website ? Understand how the website host takes payments and then your payout options ? I am a business owner and have a website, not through GD but their payment processing, the whole website hosting once setup is most likely why Ecco had not changed hosts prior to having his funds stolen
    Yes, yes. Dont wait to close the barn doors until after the horses have left.

I'm so tired of this anti-gun liberal bullshit! Time to start taking these clowns to the woodshed and beating them down in court! If I was ECCO, I'd own GoDaddy by the time this was said and done! I'd hire Nick Sandmann's lawyers that sued CNN and wipe the floor with them!

I'm not a lawsuit type of guy, but the only way these clowns will ever stop, is when you start fighting fire with napalm...And knock them off their high-horse by taking money out of THEIR wallets. You want to fuck with our income and livelihoods? Fine... We'll sue you for your entire net worth and completely out of existence. That's how I'd handle it.

I wonder what GoDaddy‘s reason was. I didn’t see it in the post. Were they knowingly in violation of some specific terms?

I wonder what GoDaddy‘s reason was. I didn’t see it in the post. Were they knowingly in violation of some specific terms?
    It appeared to me; that buried in the TOS, is a clause (they actually called it "the Facebook something-or-other) that prevents sale/distribution of firearms and ammunition.

ECCO sells neither.

It appeared to me; that buried in the TOS, is a clause (they actually called it "the Facebook something-or-other) that prevents sale/distribution of firearms and ammunition.

ECCO sells neither.
    ah, ok. Thanks.
    i’d think any lawyer worth a damn will be able to make them whole, and then some.

Reactions: FuhQ and AMGtuned
    Well that sucks.
    Too bad as Bob Parsons is a gun owner with a number of custom rifles and shotguns. A big customer of Hans Vang.
    Since he cashed out I guess the libtards have taken over.

GoDaddy and Shopify and PayPal (including Venmo) are all anti gun. PayPal kept our money for invoicing for a reticle change in a scope, and claims they can fine us for every "gun accessory" transaction to the tune of $2,500 in their AUP.

ARFCOM did not host with GoDaddy, but had their DNS registration.

I did not realize GoDaddy processes payments.

Generally a payment processor can hold payments at a whim if it perceives risk, but not refund to customers.

Been in Ecco’s queue for almost a year… getting one can recored, and two others changed over from 51T mounts.

Will check in with them and see if I can add to my order too. Will do whatever I can to support

Reactions: AMGtuned
    How about in addition to bitching about shitty paypent processors and web hosting services we support/promote the 2A friendly alternatives people have found/are using?

Reactions: deersniper