• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes -Economical AR-Mount Option-

NYSharpShooter

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
Indiana
Recently acquired a Falcon Optics 1.5-5x30 that I'd like to mount to a flat-top carbine, but need a little help. I'd really like to use a one piece mount and not rings, but I can't quite justify spending as much on the mount as the scope costs. Before anyone says it, yes, in most cases I'd go with the absolute best I can with optics and mounts, but this is more of a range toy. What's my best option as far as a decent quality 1pc 30mm mount for less money than the LaRue/AD/Etc. tier?

So far I see the Armalite factory mount and the Burris P.E.P.R. mount right at what I'm looking to spend, but have no experience with them.

Thanks for everyone's help and time.

Alex

Re: -Economical AR-Mount Option-

I have a Burris PEPR and it's a good mount for the money.

A friend bought the Pepr, its a nice mount for the money. I have a Rock River mount on ar15 and its so so, the pepr is much nicer. I also have a Larue mount on my POF and its night and day better but more than 2x the price.

I have a promag mount on mine, while not pretty, it does the job and is very solid! Costs about $50

The SWFA S.S.A.T. is a nice piece as far as I can tell, but it isn't listed on the site right now... At least I can't seem to find it.

Alright, that's about all I needed to hear to go with the Burris. I really wish it didn't have those damn picatinny rails o the top, but I'll have to live with it. Who knows, maybe I'll end up using em and mountin a micro red-dot. Thanks for the quick replies fellas.

Alex

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SWFA S.S.A.T. is a nice piece as far as I can tell, but it isn't listed on the site right now... At least I can't seem to find it. </div></div>

I just bought one of the single piece SWFA S.S.A.L.T mounts and really like it alot. It's a great piece for the money, I didn't go with the Burris because of the rails on the top of the rings. I highly recommend at least checking into the SWFA mount.

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0407-1-1.jpg

The SWFA mount as of right now is no more. According to their CS the S.S.A.L.T. mount is being redesigned. I was unable to get a release date from the CS REP.

I was getting online to buy one, and poof no more. Disappointed to say the least. I do however hope they stay in the same price range. Otherwise I will have no use for them and will move on.

I was going to try the SWFA mount but like mentioned it wasn't available and that's why I figured I would try the Burris. Honestly I was worried about the rails on the top of the rings but they really aren't in the way at all.
PB230393.jpg

Damn, I really still hate the friggin rails on top of that mount, but it looks like my only real option. I would have loved to go with the SWFA, but that's a non-option for the reasons listed. Why Burris insists on putting tacticool rail sections on ever bit of free space in their tactical/ar lineup just escapes me. Actually, I take that back, I know why, or rather who they put the rails on for, and it's part of the reason I dislike it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SWFA mount as of right now is no more. According to their CS the S.S.A.L.T. mount is being redesigned. I was unable to get a release date from the CS REP.

I was getting online to buy one, and poof no more. Disappointed to say the least. I do however hope they stay in the same price range. Otherwise I will have no use for them and will move on. </div></div>

That sucks, I don't really see why they would need to redesign the mount, I don't see anything wrong with it but that's just my opinion.

2 months is what I was told for the SWFA mount.

I ordered a Burris PEPR this week.

If you dislike the rails, I have a set of Burris XTR extra high ringss that are well suited for AR applications. I used them for my Weaver 1.5-4.5. They are the right height and clear BUIS. Send me a $10 gift card to Starbucks and I'll send you the rings.

If you don't like the rails on the PEPR (I don't either) You could probably just buy a set of Burris XTS rings, swap the tops out, and sell them for a profit to some Airsofter on eBay.

I have an Armalite mount, not bad for the price point inho, put my SS 10x42 in it and all worked great for me