• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Ed Brown at Shot Show?

HPLLC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Wales WI
www.griffinarmament.com
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMs8b7U2tsI&feature=g-vrec"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMs8b7U2tsI&feature=g-vrec" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

My brother just bought a Les Baer, and he talked to Les Baer on the phone and said he was surprised that Les was such a nice guy and took the time to talk to him.

This does seem to support the opinion of Weapons Education.com here.

It seems odd in that he gave Ed Brown so many opportunities to to be represented positively and he just wasn't interested.

Re: Ed Brown at Shot Show?

The biggest issue with Brown IMHO, is their pistols may or may not fit into a traditional holster. I have two that don't fit into Blackhawks and others. I know some people that have not had the problem.

Browns answer is " it's a custom gun". However, every other custom 1911 fits into 1911 holsters. Just a thought before you buy Brown.

If that was the case then Ed Brown pulled a dick move. I know many of the people out here work in the industry and get just as aggravated with all the dumb questions and cameras. 99% of the ones that I know and have worked with will suck it up, put on a happy face, and talk for a couple of minutes. I know personally the worst shows were the NRA Convention, why, because it is a consumer show, not an industry show. When I was there repping Hensoldts two years ago, I got asked some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard. My 35 dollar Leapers from Wal-Mart is better than this thing that is 3400. Well take into account dumbass that you are inside of a building and have a max viewing distance of about 12 yards
confused.gif
But I was always polite about it and pointed out the obvious improvements over the Leapers. Point being, its a two sided story and we only have one from this wiener that is whining that his idol didn't want to talk to him. It also didn't help that he gave Ed Brown the two finger come here. That shit is just rude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If that was the case then Ed Brown pulled a dick move. I know many of the people out here work in the industry and get just as aggravated with all the dumb questions and cameras. 99% of the ones that I know and have worked with will suck it up, put on a happy face, and talk for a couple of minutes. I know personally the worst shows were the NRA Convention, why, because it is a consumer show, not an industry show. When I was there repping Hensoldts two years ago, I got asked some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard. My 35 dollar Leapers from Wal-Mart is better than this thing that is 3400. Well take into account dumbass that you are inside of a building and have a max viewing distance of about 12 yards
confused.gif
But I was always polite about it and pointed out the obvious improvements over the Leapers. Point being, its a two sided story and we only have one from this wiener that is whining that his idol didn't want to talk to him. <span style="color: #FF0000">It also didn't help that he gave Ed Brown the two finger come here. That shit is just rude.</span>

</div></div>

Kinda what I was thinking. I probably wouldn't have had much to say to the guy either had he done the same to me. BUT, I have heard Brown can be a colossal jerk

ED Brown was at the show to promote products, so the couple of minutes on camera is in keeping with his purpose at the event.

He has rights as an American not to do an interview, but why jerk the guy around, telling him to come back later, rather than just immediately saying, "I appreciate your offer, but do not wish to make any appearance on camera."

Rather he takes a guy with 55,000 video views to this particular video and tells him that he's never heard of him, doesn't care about the shooting community or internet firearms community (his customers), and more or less belittles the guy, AFTER seriously jerking him around and wasting his time and effort.

The camera guy is fairly aggressive with regard to his continued efforts to obtain the interview, but in all honesty, he is a customer, and was lead on from the beginning by Brown.

The assassination piece is unfortunate, but it's a byproduct of Ed Brown pissing in this guys cheerios and then failing to offer him resolution when confronted with the reality that the video could become bad PR for him.

So I thought I would throw you folks a bone. As I am sure you all already know, Les or Ed's guns are already rare and hard to find, the wait time is huge.

Four of Les' SRP hard chrome (1 1/2" package, 50 yards) and a single Les Premier arriving at North Arkansas Guns tomorrow and there is a Ed Brown Premier 2 (1 1/2 package as well) in stock right now.

Call 870-424-5155 and ask for Scott and let them know that I sent you. The pricing should be very good. I know folks find it hard to track these two models down, so there you go. I won't make a habit of this...I'm doing this for the Hide members that can't find these models. Yes, Frank, that Scott, who says hello and bugged out of your old home town as well.

My experience with the Brown family and Ed in particular wasn't overly friendly or warm at SHOT either, for what it's worth. I am NOT a journalist or media type, I was on a red dealer badge. They weren't necessarily rude, but didn't seem to want to be bothered even to talk to a dealer who wants to carry their products. Just very aloof, and short, even when there was no one else at their booth. I don't think I ever saw a single one of them smile, even sitting at a table next to theirs at a restaurant after the show. Meh, maybe that's just a family trait, the guns speak for themselves. So they're pricks who don't like talking to people, oh well. Does that mean you shouldn't buy a top quality 1911 from Ed Brown? You have to decide that, personally I like a warm inviting company to do business with, but the quality is priority one. Ed Brown was at least being honest, he doesn't care what you think, and he doesn't need the publicity online, the guns are selling themselves. Should he waste his time(since he doesn't need the publicity) and do the PR thing? Apparently he thinks his time is more valuable, I can respect that. He maybe shouldn't have led the guy on, but Tom from the video doesn't need to be a whiney bitch about it either. Tom seems like a fag, and I'd have ignored him too.

Met "The Brown" at shot about 10 years ago...He is old school, knows that what he makes is good, and doesn't give a fuk about what anyone thinks..Seems the way he is.

I buy my shit from people I like working with and that also build good stuff (Les Baer for instance). I have to like the people before I spend my money so Brown can kiss my ass.
smile.gif

The weapons education guy is a fag and his product just wastes minutes from your life.

When my two new Ed Brown pistols arrived, the frame to slide fit was fairly awful and I called them about it. They acted as if it were my fault but agreed to fix them. I'll never forget how rude they were on the phone about my calling attention to a fit issue that never should have left their building. Pretty guns, shot well once fixed but I sold them as I couldn't stand owning a gun whose manufacturer dealt that way with their clients.

Same here I got a similar "Don't bother me" tone as I approached their booth in 2011. I noticed all their 1911s were in glass display cases, they didn't want anyone taking pictures of it as well. Their staff seemed a bit rude as well.

As I neared their booth in 2012 I just walked on by. Their booth was just as empty as I remembered it the year prior.

I watched the video clip above a month or so ago. I must agree with one of the posters above that Ed Brown is Old School.

As I travel through out this live I have come to the conclusion that I have 2 mode's.

The first mode is "I really don't give a sh*t"!!!!!!!!!

The second mode is "I really do give a sh*t"!!!!!!!!!!

I never heard of weapons education before he included Ed Browns name in his video title.I learned along time ago you shouldn't judge someone by the clothes they are wearing. You know what...........the gentleman Ed Brown was visiting with was there FIRST before this weapons education guy. And with that said.......there are 2 sides to every story. I wouldn't mind hearing Ed Browns story ...........But with that said, I don't really give a sh*t.

I have an Ed Brown 1911, and it's a hell of a nice handgun. I sent one of my 1911's back to Ed Brown shop for a couple of custom options. Their customer service was fantastic. Had by gun back in a week!!!!! I can tell you another thing, they answer the phone.

Just my opinion.

My Ed Brown experience is only over the phone, and I spoke with Ed Brown's employee at first & then with Ed. I am a recreational shooter, have zero clout
in any industry purchasing capacity- just a guy who bought an Ed Brown rifle, a .308 that shoots very well. The reason for calling was to see why my NXS scope w (EB 2 piece bases) had to be dialed so very far for windage.

At 800-1000 yds, scope was at end of adjustment, so I called Ed Brown to see what the problem was. I spoke with him at some length, he was very considerate, we went through a problem checklist, and he said "you sound like a guy who has his head on right", suggested his 1 piece base, sent it at no charge ( rifle 4 years old), I had it in 2 days.

It cured whatever problem I was having. Furthermore, his rifles are a great value (well, were, no longer made). Everything about the man, the rifle & his follow through are topnotch.

Hat's off to Ed, he knows a loser when he see's one!!!
You should really sit by your mailbox for the next three years waiting for a written apology, and DO nothing else.

uh, if you are referring to me, I don't need an apology, and got what I needed
in my mailbox months back, thanks. P.S. you hurt my feelings.
smile.gif

That dude was a whiney douche. If he gave me the come hither fingers, I woulda told him off too.

Anyways, I will never spend another penny on a high end 1911 from the likes of Baer, Wilson, Nighthawk or Brown.

Theyre overpriced mass manufactured guns.

I collaborated with my local smith to build a true custom 1911 that puts to shame any of the semi custom guns, a parts list that I believe to be the best you can use in a custom fighting 1911, I worked with a local smith that I can share a cup of coffee with to share ideas, he had it ready for me in 3 weeks and it cost me less than any of the manufactures named charge for lesser guns.

If Im gonna pay $2500+ for a handgun (when lets face it, a $500 Glock does just as good if not a better job) then Im gonna spend it on someone I actually know and like and get a better quality product in the long run.

nighthawk or w. combat would be a great choice for a handgun! if u feel the need to spend some moola.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uh, if you are referring to me, I don't need an apology, and got what I needed
smile.gif

</div></div>

WCW308,
No, I surely wasn't referring to you, sorry for the confusion.

I was referring to the sniveling wimp in the video.

I will take this further, what does a site sponser have to gain by pulling the pants down on a guy with the credentials of Ed Brown???????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milo-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WCW308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uh, if you are referring to me, I don't need an apology, and got what I needed
smile.gif

</div></div>

WCW308,
No, I surely wasn't referring to you, sorry for the confusion.

I was referring to the sniveling wimp in the video.

<span style="color: #FF0000">I will take this further, what does a site sponser have to gain by pulling the pants down on a guy with the credentials of Ed Brown???????</span> </div></div>

He likes to try and throw other manufacturers under the bus for whatever reason. I havent fully figured him out other than I stay away from his products because he seems similar to Mark LaRue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lonmower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Larue has bad rep?? </div></div>

NOT with the LaPewp fan boi's who chase after him to catch the last drip of piss off the tip of his dick just so they can say they had a taste of the gods juice.

Customer service means everything to me, its the only reason I no longer own Kimbers. Great guns, bad customer service experiance. Go Nighthawk you won't be disapointed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THE_Shithead</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lonmower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Larue has bad rep?? </div></div>

NOT with the LaPewp fan boi's who chase after him to catch the last drip of piss off the tip of his dick just so they can say they had a taste of the gods juice. </div></div>

Dude, that vision is gay.

I'm no fanboi but larue makes great stuff.

I'm not 100% fan of his personality but his guns and mounts are top notch.

milo2 thanx for clearing that up. I did not look at the vid, so not sure what the fuss
was all about. I did have some rust in my lowered, flared ejection port 1911 .45 ACP Kimber from a tear or 2. All good now. Just bought a SIG Sauer 1911 Extreme.
Looks to be a very well machined weapon. Not that I am any kind of expert. But the metal work, and slide to frame fit is really nice. How can anyone pay $3500 for a 1911!?

Ya know, some guys who have the balls to throw their hat and $$$ in the manf'r ring, are not always the most likable. In fact ,most probably don't have the time to BS to be liked, busy meeting payroll + making great s**t.

WCW,
Glad were good.
This thread was an idiotic train wreck from the start.

Most of the revered custom gun builders in the country, don't use a single part manufactured by themselves.
By contrast, Brown makes all his own 1911 parts, other than the sights, and springs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. H-S Precision is close to the same. So is this custom, or manufactured, albeit on a smaller scale?
A truly custom gun is only worth the price to the original buyer.

wasn't trying to start a debate, but wasn't aware that Larue had arrogant rep?? anyway, nighthawk is good stuff!!

Don't get me wrong. I love a company that has good customer service and likes to have good relations with all media types.

However all I really give a shit about is an outstanding weapon. That is what brown does.

Matter of fact I just got my special forces carry delivered about a month ago. I can honestly say it's the finest pistol I've owned. And I've had a few from custom makers like baer.

So I give a rats ass what the dudes beliefs, prejudices, opinions or whatever else are. The product is the shit.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Ed Brown acting like the ass he can be is nothing new. I've personally stood at "the window" at Ed Brown's shop and heard Ed speaking with someone in his office while paying for $600.00 in parts. I walked in with zero expectations and left without dissapointment.

This makes two years in a row I've heard of Ed being his usual self at Shot Show. Stories of Ed publicly belittle customers is nothing new. Still the man is a legend, both good and bad. Ed could care less. It's his way or you get diddly.

Another wannabe trying to mooch off of someone successful thinking they owe him something.....crawl back in your hole.

If you think Ed is harsh, you should hear when Les gets going. It's a riot act. We all have our breaking points, some of us are just more colorful than others.

i have never had anything but positive experiences with Ed and all his produts I own. I am a nobody...seriously look it uo and you see my picture. My impression is that people like Ed and Les are quick to take someone that is a glorified blogger who thinks they are hot shit and try to 1 up the legends and quickly put them into thier place. It is seen by many as belittling, etc. It seems to me as old school shut the fuck up idiot.

Now I can say that I have had probably close to 2 hours on the phone with Ed in the past 5 years talking through his rifles that I own and a couple pistols i own. He treated me with patience and respect as a customer and a person. All of these discussions were learning curve questions that I had. NEVER have I had an issue with my many Ed Brown products. I will always be a fan and have valuable advice from him.

I think we should not give this blogger guy anymore air time than he has already not deserved