• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ed Brown Light Tactical 308

mikemcg9mm

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Helena, Montana
Hi all, I found a new in the box Ed Brown Light Tactical in 308 on the net. I just secured it with a deposit and will hopefully have it in hand in less than a month. Any of you guys have one or shot one? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Mike.

Re: Ed Brown Light Tactical 308

My first FTR setup was a A5 Tactical. Shot better then I could. At that time Ed Brown only made a 0 moa scope base so the fine guys over at Murphy Precision ( a site sponsor) made me a custom 20 moa scope base. Good luck.

My local shop has a used one on hand and it has the smoothest action I have ever cycled! If I didn't have a couple of builds in process I would have it in my safe already. I think you are gonna like it.

I called Ed Brown today and spoke with them and got the specs on it: 21" Shilen #5 medium contour, stainless with gen3 coating, 702 action, jewel trigger, Ed Brown designed stock made by McMillan, spiral fluted hand fitted bolt, M16 style extractor, Winchester Style three position safety, and 8lbs. They also told me that around 2006 they quit calling it the light tactical and started calling it the compact varmint, and it kept that name until they stopped making rifles. I am pretty stoked about getting it.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikemcg9mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Ed Brown today and spoke with them and got the specs on it: 21" Shilen #5 medium contour, stainless with gen3 coating, 702 action, jewel trigger, Ed Brown designed stock made by McMillan, spiral fluted hand fitted bolt, M16 style extractor, Winchester Style three position safety, and 8lbs. They also told me that around 2006 they quit calling it the light tactical and started calling it the compact varmint, and it kept that name until they stopped making rifles. I am pretty stoked about getting it.

Mike</div></div>

I'm a fan of their rifles. Almost never see them on here. I really like their 702 action. As stated, it's a beefed up Winchester model 70 setup. Very slick. I debate between their A5 Tactical and their USMC model when I run across them.

Keep us posted. If nothing else, PM me and keep me posted.

Seriously. I want to know how it shoots with factory and handloads.

TTR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikemcg9mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all, I found a new in the box Ed Brown Light Tactical in 308 on the net. I just secured it with a deposit and will hopefully have it in hand in less than a month. Any of you guys have one or shot one? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Mike. </div></div>

Congrats, they also build a fantastic 1911. I have some of Browns old catalogs and use to drool over their rifles and wanted to order & purchase one myself. I know they discontinued their rifles to focus on 1911's. Please post pictures when you get it.

Cheers,

AvsFan
cool.gif

Good news, the Ed Brown shipped this afternoon, hope to have it soon. Can't wait.......

Mike

Should'nt you be in bed? LOL I can't wait to shoot it!

Should get the EB this week. Scope options I have at the moment are 4-16 pst mil/mil or S&B pm2 straight 10x with p3 mil/mil. Not sure which one to go with. Decisions, decisions........

That's a good looking rifle. With the optic, what's its weights?

Know any history on it?

Round count? loads?

TTR

It weighs 10lbs scoped. It is new in the box, only fired at ed brown. The factory test target is .392 with 175 smk. Should be a hammer.

Mike

Where did you pick it up from out of curiosity? A local shop had an Ed Brown .308 they put for sale on the net.

Took the Brown out today for its first range trip. First two groups at 100. 168 FGMM.

The were .512 and .840

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikemcg9mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it off GB from a shop out of Baton Rouge. </div></div>

I'm betting Jim's Firearms.

TTR