• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns EDC with a fixed blade

liontribe

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2011
anybody here like to carry a fixed blade design for daily use. i am a knifemaker and started carrying my knives to show when out and about. i found that i really prefer a nice fixed design over most folders. here are some of my favorites. let's see some others.

liontribe

SlimChance018.jpg

Heretic004.jpg

Makeshift015.jpg

Re: EDC with a fixed blade

I never used to but i recently acquired a bucklite through a rewards program at work. I didn't like the sheath that came with it...though utilitarian, i just dind't like the snap closure, so i got out some kydex. I made a sheath that mounts sideways on my belt and i carry off hand and the sheath engages a hole in the knife to secure. it works well, and noone knows it's there. Combined with the gerber folder i keep on my right side, and the SWAK Tinker that rarely leaves my pocket, i have a few EDC's and all but the bucklite get used OFTEN. But as far as edc so that people can see it...no. I ride the stealth bus as often as a 240 lb guy can.

liontribe
Those are some nice looking knives you have there, do you have a website?

Now back on track, lol, I carry a Hide Hunter as my EDC fixed blade.

I carry a KBar TDI. But it's not very good for everyday use. I'm pretty sure I'd fumble a folder if/when it's really needed lol.

My girlfriend carries a TDI last ditch, I
put it on her keys and showed her how to use it other than that we carry folders for EDc.

LW, I remember you posting that one up before but searching through your posts a while back I never did find it again. What knife maker is that one from again? That design is magnificent.

It is a Coty Handley "Custom Carry"

It is beefier than it looks. I have used it to pry doors open. Its strong enough I can jam it into the lock plate without fear of breaking it. Its easier than getting the halligan and does less damage to the door.

There is just something totally badass about modern short swords.

I am totally digging that Hellion:

zombie-tools-hellion-600.jpg

Don't see anything about steel type or method of construction, so I am guessing it's more for show than a real cutting tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is just something totally badass about modern short swords.

Don't see anything about steel type or method of construction, so I am guessing it's more for show than a real cutting tool. </div></div>

Says its 5160 which is pretty badass steel.

watch the video on their website about destroying the Deuce... these are no show pieces!

I have tried ONCE to "edc" my benchmade nimravus. All I have is the crappy nylon sheath that came with the knife so as you could imagine it didn't work out so well. I ended up just putting it in my jacket pocket. I know benchmade has a kydex sheath, but is there anything better to carry this particular knife?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is just something totally badass about modern short swords.

Don't see anything about steel type or method of construction, so I am guessing it's more for show than a real cutting tool. </div></div>

Thanks for the link. those look hardcore. Could use one fucking up a hog.

I made an almost identical post a few months ago. I ended up buying a ESEE 3 for EDC. I liked it so much, I bought an IZULA, an IZULA II(on my side as I type), an ESEE 4 for my brother and one for myself, and I have an ESEE 6 in my living room for a review article for "Sniperworx" magazine.

The #3 is small enough for daily carry- if you carry a handgun, you can also carry this knife. It has a blade over 3" long and is nice and flat. There are several carry methods. My favorite is paracord through the sheath attachment points to make a loop for my belt. These knives are 1095 steel and double tough. Not stainless, they will rust. But for years my EDC revolver was a J-frame Smith that I carried next to my skin with the butt hooked over the belt. I was a lot thinner back then and I could conceal it under a tee-shirt. I gave it due attention by wiping it off on occasion with a silicon gun rag or a light swipe with a bit of oil and rust was no problem.

These are great knives and don't break the bank when you write the check.