• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EDIT LOOK AGAIN! ZERO STOPS! WHAT BRANDS HAVE EM?

gprippers

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2010
OREGON
What scope makers offer zero stops? Vortex, NF and USO and ????

Does Leupold offer them??

I edited this post as follows to see if anybody has ideas on BEST prices on zero stop scopes for 1000 meter rifles. Not shooting a mile with the four rifles i need scopes for. Looking at 4-16s and 5 or 6 to 15 or 20 power 40 - 50 mm objectives. Ideas on best prices for value??? Cash is tighter now than has been so im slowing my roll as far as the top tier glass goes.

Thanks

Re: ZERO STOPS! WHAT BRANDS HAVE THEM? VT AND NF AND??

NF,LEUPOLD,S&B,USO,and now hensoldt

huskemaw optics has made the zero stp since they introdiced their scopes through gunwerks

Premier: tool-less on Heritage models, Allen wrench on LT (no fiddling with an internal stop like NF uses).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GPRIPPERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scope makers offer zero stops? Vortex, NF and USO and ????

Does Leupold offer them?? </div></div>
Leupold's Mark 6 and 8 have them

I made mine for my Bushnell 3200's.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allwheeldriven</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Leupold's Mark 6 and 8 have them</div></div> And some Mark 4 scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rubicon1996</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think vortex pst is a true zero stop. It gets you within one revolution. </div></div>

For lots of us, within .2 mil's. It just depends on how many shims you put in there, and if they move when it gets up above them and you try to dial back down. Still mine is basically .2 mile below zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat088</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rubicon1996</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think vortex pst is a true zero stop. It gets you within one revolution. </div></div>

For lots of us, within .2 mil's. It just depends on how many shims you put in there, and if they move when it gets up above them and you try to dial back down. Still mine is basically .2 mile below zero. </div></div>

mine is about that aswell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat088</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rubicon1996</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think vortex pst is a true zero stop. It gets you within one revolution. </div></div>

For lots of us, within .2 mil's. It just depends on how many shims you put in there, and if they move when it gets up above them and you try to dial back down. Still mine is basically .2 mile below zero. </div></div>

Did you mean .2 mils, or 2 mils?

mine is right at 1 moa off actual zero. i just put the shims in a little tighter. i guess you could get your zero and dial up x mil/moa, take off the cap and add a shim, then set your turret cap at x and your zero should be the same as it was.

i didn't do that but i dont see why it would not work

I believe he meant .2 mils as that's how close I've got with mine.

Crude, but the shims do work!

BnC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Premier: tool-less on Heritage models, Allen wrench on LT (no fiddling with an internal stop like NF uses). </div></div>

Azimutha,
Not exactly- the tooless function is for zeroing the dial. All PR scopes(except Hunter) have a mechanical zero stop engineered in the turrets/dials.
Thanks,
Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you mean .2 mils, or 2 mils? </div></div>

I had to check myself to make sure that I typed it correctly. Yes sir, I did type it correctly .2 mils. I'll type it out just to be on the safe side "point two mils". You have to keep cramming the hell out of the shims, lol. I actually had it where it would only dial down to 0, but when I'd dial up into the second turn and try to dial back down to zero, the shims would shift a little and you'd have to keep messing with it before it'd go all the way back down to 0. I removed some (don't remember if it was 1 or 2), and now it dials down .2 mils below zero, and I haven't had the issue of it hanging up and not dialing back down to 0 after going over 5 mils.

I'm not saying that the PST's are the best thing since sliced bread. I'm just saying that for "not a real zero stop", you can do pretty good with some shims, a little patience, and holding your tongue just right.

thanks gents! But i still cant decide whats what right now as i have 4 rifles that require solid glass and i really want to go zero stop on all of them. Money is an issue these days and when i need 3-4 scopes its even more of an issue! None of these rifles are going to shoot a mile and ive got USOs on the two ELR rifles i have in 338 Norma and the 416 Barret.

Anyway, i guess ill start checking prices a little deeper and im thinking of Leupolds or Vortex i guess since im wanting to stay at a grand or under if possable. Unless i find some crazy crazy deal on NFs that wont be happening!

Thanks again!

I love the shim method on the PST!