• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Efile Form 1 Pending Research

BamaSE

Chairborne Squad Commander
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Dothan, Alabama
This is in regard to an SBR and not a suppressor….but thought the best results will come from that tag.

I am on my second Form 1 for and SBR. First was paper and took about 3 months. This SBR is my first efile anything and a Form 1. Everything went ok other than the model, and not make of my firearm, which is an AR pistol I purchased already built….model did not pull up in the system….so it went to Pending Research. Not an uncommon thing I gathered from reading about it.

So after a couple weeks I called in to the ATF to confirm my status and was told to just sit tight until it was reviewed and I received my cover letter. And not send in prints until I heard back from them.

Now it has been a month….so my question is…..whether anyone else out there has a pending research firearm and how long is or was the wait before it got past the review and officially into the Form 1 queue?

Thanks.

Googling suggests a 90-100 day wait for “pending research…”

Reactions: BamaSE
I have seen SBR stamps come back in sub-30 day times. Even through this trap debacle. Lots of guys have had SBR approved and suppressor still in wait.

Email ask the experts; or, if you have the email address of a recent reviewer of one of your forms, fire them a message. Existing manufacturers/models should not extend your time. At least that I've seen.

Reactions: BamaSE