• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EGW bases - any good??

Re: EGW bases - any good??

Yep, on a few rifles. Never had a problem with them, I'm using nightforce steel, and a set of burris xtr rings with the EGW bases.

If you use EGW, go with their HD base. Better quality and Picatinny specific.

This is good to know as Ive been looking at them for a couple of .22's I have that I dont want to spend the $$ for Badger Ord or USO bases..

My only bitch is the ones I got for my 22s and a rem 700 sa came with allen screws. If you are going to ever change the base to another rifle, Order extra screws for when the heads start to round out. Other than that they are good bases. (I have not tried the heavy duty bases.)

All reports so far good. I need to pick one up for my 40X 22 trainer. Better start watching for the discount codes from all those Midway emails I get
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only bitch is the ones I got for my 22s and a rem 700 sa came with allen screws. If you are going to ever change the base to another rifle, Order extra screws for when the heads start to round out. Other than that they are good bases. (I have not tried the heavy duty bases.) </div></div>
Ive already had this problem. The allen wrench seemed a little to loose

Using a HD base on a .300WM with steel rings, from my experience they are bomb proof and well worth the money. I shall be ordering more soon..

They work great for me but the HD I prefer, but I am just that way.

I have used them. I like the length. No problems so far. They are an inexpensive alternative to otherwise paying too much for a simple-to-make one-piece Pic rail base.

I have used several EGW bases. Two flat and one 20 MOA.

Zero issues with the flat bases, i had problems with the the angled base and got rid of it.

I recently got a weaver 20MOA one piece and I am VERY impressed. Amongst other things, it has a recoil lug. A very well made base.

I have one of their aluminum bases on my Savage TR, one of their steel HD ones on my .338 Edge and 6.5-284. All 20moa. Love em.

I've got a 20MOA on a 700 SA,the extended one for more eye relief options. Works fine.

Sir
I use them on my F-Class rifle. They work fine. I have won some matches and set some records with them. Great alternative to high priced bases, especially if you are nontacitcal.

Hi we use them all the time in HD and standard we even had them do custom bases for us for target rifle actions in Australia they are great to deal with and will also make up custom bases if you have the numbers a realy good company. they are not int he league of Seekins but not the price either if you are looking for a budget quality base they are good but also as stated buy some extra torx screws and fit them at the start with the Torx screws and all will be good.

On realy big recoiling rifles the other brands with recoil lugs incorperated like the seekins and larger no8 screws are better.

I just put an EGW pic rail base on a M70 .243W hunting rig. Excellent quality. Mine's the light duty model and is working out well with a Weaver V9 and Quad Lock rings. About $40 from Optics Planet.

I've been the the factory in Quakertown PA the guys there are great my only complaint is that they have SOOO many goodies I walked out of the place alot poorer!!

Their Rem 700 20MOA rail is awesome and their new scope ring acc is solid

Dednutz Precision here - it's holding zero and works like a charm. No sloppy and unnecessary "ring vs. base" issue, which I've always believed is an additional point of potential failure.

no complaints here.
one on a cva muzzle loader
20 moa on a 17 hmr
2x 20 moa HD models on rem 700 short actions.

i do like the recoil lug on seekins but George at EGW has been a great guy to work with. i will order another from them in the future. A+ company.

IMO the lack of a lug on the standard version renders the EGW base inappropriate for use on a magnum.

For MOST of the 46,630 members on this site, myself included, EGW rails/bases/rings are all GTG.