• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EGW rail mount 0moa to 20moa

lv2hunt2003

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2014
vancouver washington
Good day to you all

I am a poor (as in money) LR beginner. I have a Weatherby 300wm with a swfa 5-20X50 and I had purchesed an egw one piece rail 0 moa. I am trying to get out to 1000+ yards I was wondering if there is anyway to make it a 20moa that I can rely on or should I just suck it up and spend another $70 witch is a hole day of work for me.:confused:

Last edited:
I have seen people shim and bed a scope base, it is doable. Its not the best approach, but if money is tight it is something you can look in to trying. Are you certain you do not have enough elevation to get to 1K currently?

I am not sure I have to zero my scope first and do some calculations. I just wanted to know if anyone has shimmed it up and there experience

Last edited:
If it is a one piece base you can drill and tap a hole between the back two mount screws and put a set screw to raise the back of the base where you want it then bed the base to the action.

Depending on your patience and skill with a file, you might consider filing the incline into the base and then bedding the base to the action.

If it is a one piece base you can drill and tap a hole between the back two mount screws and put a set screw to raise the back of the base where you want it then bed the base to the action.

That's a great idea. The only thing I'd add is insert a tiny lead BB or brass washer to prevent scratching up the action.

in a pinch you can cut a soda\beer can into the size shim you need with some scissors. if you have access to brass shim stock you can get the thickness you need. BTDT.

If money is really tight you could push your zero out a little further. If you zeroed your rifle at 4 or 5 hundred yards you would have plenty of elevation left to reach out to 1K. "just one shooters thoughts"

I hope that helps,
Rob