• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ejector Spring for GAP non-typical rifle

cactusbrew

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2004
Alaska
I have a GAP non-typical on a short action Templar action (Defiance machine). The ejector is no longer throwing the case out of the receiver, rather the case is being pulled out of the chamber and just staying attached to the bolt face as you work the bolt back. So with that, what ejector spring do you suggest I purchase and install?

Specifically, I want to know what brand of spring you would buy, where to get it, etc? Or is a standard wolf gunsprings ejector spring for a Rem 700 all I need?

I decided to ask all of you wonderful people instead of contacting GAP, because well frankly, I didn't want to waste GAPs time on such a simple question. I would much rather they pump out rifles, so I am asking here instead of bothering them. Plus that, its Saturday and I'm confident I'll be ordering a spring by the end of the day now. :)

With that, thanks in advance everyone. As always, you are all a wealth of information.

Defiance ejector spring

Cactusbrew,

These springs do not usually go bad so please check to see that the plunger (ejector) is moving freely in the hole with the spring. Sometimes fouling a tiny piece of brass causes the plunger to stick creating the non-extraction.

Remove to bolt and push on the plunger with a suitably sized punch. If it hesitates or resists then moves, thoroughly clean the bolt and plunger then try to extract a cartridge (empty case or dummy round, please).

If for some reason the spring has gone south, contact the office and we'll either send you a new spring or you can send the bolt to us for service. We'll turn it around immediately.

Regards.