• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elbow pads?

Sogan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2013
Anybody wear elbow pads for long two day matches? Never really thought about it but saw several pictures from the GAP Grind and people were wearing them as they are laying on concrete all day.

If so, which ones are you using? I used to wear some thin ones to protect against turf burn in football and I’m guessing those would work pretty well.

Anybody wear elbow pads for long two day matches? Never really thought about it but saw several pictures from the GAP Grind and people were wearing them as they are laying on concrete all day.

If so, which ones are you using? I used to wear some thin ones to protect against turf burn in football and I’m guessing those would work pretty well.

If they were at the Gap Grind, I doubt that they were lying on concrete all day. Maybe they had a stage or two on concrete, but that's about it.

If they were at the Gap Grind, I doubt that they were lying on concrete all day. Maybe they had a stage or two on concrete, but that's about it.

Concrete, wood towers, cars. You get what I’m saying though. Lots of shooting over two days and sore elbows would be my guess. Not entirely sure if they are needed but I’d like to have them and not need them verse the alternative

Concrete, wood towers, cars. You get what I’m saying though. Lots of shooting over two days and sore elbows would be my guess. Not entirely sure if they are needed but I’d like to have them and not need them verse the alternative

Same. I've used the knee pads but haven't needed the elbow pads yet but they are there for when I do.

I use smaller sized volleyball knee pads, works well and I can wear them all day comfortably under a long sleeved shirt.

Elbow pads? No you dont really need them unless your shooting prone unsupported (bipod appreciation shooting). Even shooting on hot asphalt I only ever needed a long sleeve shirt for short term engagements, although doing 20 minutes prone on a hot day is quite painful.

Used or returned prostethetic liners cut in 6" lengths work good for under & can be used over clothes. Willow Wood has 1/4" firm silicone to hack up. Below the knee amputation are the ones I use for knees & elbows. The tops are wider for knees & ends work good for elbows. This website has 11 Manufactures listed:

http://www.medicalexpo.com/medical-manufacturer/prosthetic-liner-6647.html

Not elbow pads but, 511 pants have pockets on the inside of the pant leg you can put a thin rubber knee pad into. I have a set that I have used for years. I have old runners knees that are sensitive. For elbow protection I just use a long sleeve shirt. Shot a 3 day class with a short sleeve shirt on. My elbows were raw.

I wear Crye and Kryptek pants with built in kneepads. I spent enough years shooting 3 gun to learn the value of those.

For elbow pads I use a small, lightweight elbow pad that's easy to pull on and off if needed. Every once in a while they come in handy. This summer we shot off a shingled rooftop in 103 degree weather. You can imagine how hot and painful those shingles were.

You don't need much, nothing big and bulky or hardshell is necessary. Just something to provide a little extra padding.