• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Elcan 1.5-6x $1419?

Way less than they usually go for.

I'm currently struggling to resist the 1/3/9 deal on Eurooptic.

That optic has always interested me and at 2000 it is tempting. I've not seen many reviews on it but the few I've seen were pretty mixed.

Elcan just had a massive price drop due to no one wanting their overpriced shit. There are still significant flaws but if you want to rock something a desk jockey at socom chose, then have at it. Anyone who had/has a choice between the razor gen 2 and this , tends to run the vortex.
So if u still want one, yes that's a great price. Call Charlie's custom and see if they can match it or beat it.

Is a new Elcan Spectar 1.5-6x a screaming deal at $1419?

That is quite a deal. We are selling the heck out of Elcan, but not at that price. I hope you were not on our Website. We would be losing money, even at the low prices that Elcan has given us.

So, no, @Primus, not matching that price. :unsure:

We went from selling one scope a month, to now a handful a day... A large handful.

I don't think you can compare a Razor and an Elcan. Maybe the 1-6x Razor, to the 1.5x/6x Elcan. I mean, these are different scopes for different purposes, even though both are on SOCOM rifles. I am very fond of the 1-6x Razor. In the Elcan line, the 4x is a great buy and competes head to head against an ACOG. Both are solid. The 1x/4x Elcan has a soft spot in my scope closet. I like it alot. The 1.5x/6x is difficult, as it does not have a true 1x, which I prefer.

If you like POI shift going between powers and the hands down worst qd mount known to man, than elcan is for you lol. In the early days guys would run a MRD on top and leave it on Max power, because the point shift was severe and non repeatable. Maybe that's something the selection committee should have looked into before the award...ya know actually testing the fucking thing before sending guys into combat with it. Some field grade officer decided he knew better than the guys who had to actually carry this thing into harm's way.

The other issues is lack of flexibility. It's either 1 or 4, or 1.5 or 6. You may want need some mag but more for or vise versa.

That's where the LPVs come in and now with the ATACR, the gen 2 vortex is obsolete as far as I'm concerned, which knocks the elcan down a few pegs.

It does have awesome glass, a great reticle and a bright dot tho. And it's clone correct.

The 4x is expensive for what it is, and I would take a TA33 anyday over it. It's cheaper , lighter and has better eye relief for shooting heads up.

Charlie's is hands down the best source of parts on the net. You guys know your brands and components. Awesome to know you guys are on the hide and you will continue to get lots of $$ from me.

That is quite a deal. We are selling the heck out of Elcan, but not at that price. I hope you were not on our Website. We would be losing money, even at the low prices that Elcan has given us.

So, no, @Primus, not matching that price. :unsure:

We went from selling one scope a month, to now a handful a day... A large handful.

I don't think you can compare a Razor and an Elcan. Maybe the 1-6x Razor, to the 1.5x/6x Elcan. I mean, these are different scopes for different purposes, even though both are on SOCOM rifles. I am very fond of the 1-6x Razor. In the Elcan line, the 4x is a great buy and competes head to head against an ACOG. Both are solid. The 1x/4x Elcan has a soft spot in my scope closet. I like it alot. The 1.5x/6x is difficult, as it does not have a true 1x, which I prefer.

Do you guys handle a lot of the 1/3/9 Elcans?

Eurooptic has both the 5.56 and 7.62 reticle on sale for 2045. I assume people are desperate to unload them because they haven't been selling as I've yet to find a single user report. THere is only one review I can find (it is on youtube) and it seems that the FOV is serious constraint and the reticle is hard to see on 9x.

I'm hesitant to pull the trigger because if I didn't like it I bet I would take a killing trying to unload it with how unpopular they are. Information on the reticle seems scant too. Depending on what cartridge/barrrel length it was designed around maybe the 5.56 one would make more sense for a 16" .308.

The amount of info available on them is astonishingly low. It looks like an interesting concept but with it being such an unknown I have always stayed in the "just curious" camp. As a rule I hate LPVOs and was curious if this addressed a bunch of their shortcomings but it seems it comes with some of its own. I do like that on 1x it has an Aimpoint like dot apparently.

Last edited:
Unless you are building a Clone, there is ZERO reason to buy an Elcan. Trust me on this. 10 year old design that was already obsolete when it came out. I would take a 15 year old S&B 1.1-4 shortdot over one anyway of the week.

The NX8 and the Gen 2 Razor are both superior. One is $1700 and the other is around $1100 if u can shop.

The ATACR blows both out of the water. You can get a 1-8 ATACR with Giessele mount for $2600 if you can afford it.

I bought two Eclan we I was building my MK18 clones, and I spent over 2K on each one of them.