• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electric car nearly takes the record at good wood.

That's impressive! I'd like to have a tesla but it will be a few years before I drop that kind of money on a car.

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
Battery technology has to get much better and less destructive & gov subsidies need to be completely eliminated before I even think about an ev. I love the idea though

Who gives a shit?

Electric cars have 100% of the torque from the first second they roll. No surprise they are fast. All the rest was already in use.

Electricity does not come from unicorn farts. Every kilowatt the car consumes costs damned near a kilowatt to deliver from the powerplant to the car. They are net losers of energy. Gasoline works because it takes far less energy to produce a gallon of gas than a gallon of gas creates. The millions of tons of CO2 produced in those shitty Chinese factories that make the battery and the millions of tons of CO2 created to strip mine the earth for rare earth metals and the millions of barrels of oil used to make all the plastic bullshit on a battery car are still out there. They still suck in cold weather and suck for long distances.

Besides, the 90 minute recharge pit stops will give the ICE cars time to catch up.

In about a decade they will have most of the car problems sorted out and the prices will be more in line with reality. They are 50 years behind the demand in the power production and transmission sectors and there is not enough electricity on earth to power all of them currently. With no gas tax, they will need to tax electric cars at 50 cents to $1 a mile to pay for the massive infrastructure required to make them viable and finish stip mining the planet for the metal. Fucking the economy over decades too early is fucktard left wing bullshit.

And yeah................................that car went about two miles.

Last edited:
yup, that's fast; has one wrecked yet and caught fire?
Got my marshmallows and Graham crackers ready.
Who gives a shit?

Electric cars have 100% of the torque from the first second they roll. No surprise they are fast. All the rest was already in use.

Electricity does not come from unicorn farts. Every kilowatt the car consumes costs damned near a kilowatt to deliver from the powerplant to the car. They are net losers of energy. Gasoline works because it takes far less energy to produce a gallon of gas than a gallon of gas creates. The millions of tons of CO2 produced in those shitty Chinese factories that make the battery and the millions of tons of CO2 created to strip mine the earth for rare earth metals and the millions of barrels of oil used to make all the plastic bullshit on a battery car are still out there. They still suck in cold weather and suck for long distances.

Besides, the 90 minute recharge pit stops will give the ICE cars time to catch up.
Show me on the doll where Tesla touched you... 🤪. Man everything has its pluses and minuses. Regardless. 1.3 seconds off the all time record at good wood is damn impressive.

Also to your refueling delima. The solution is swapping batteries, not waiting for the in car pack to charge. Like a cordless drill.

I personally don’t care if it runs on unicorn farts. That thing is incredibly fast.

Who gives a shit?

In about a decade they will have most of the car problems sorted out and the prices will be more in line with reality. They are 50 years behind the demand in the power production and transmission sectors and there is not enough electricity on earth to power all of them currently. With no gas tax, they will need to tax electric cars at 50 cents to $1 a mile to pay for the massive infrastructure required to make them viable and finish stip mining the planet for the metal. Fucking the economy over decades too early is fucktard left wing bullshit.

And yeah................................that car went about two miles.

Like it or not, Electric cars are the future in the west because of politics.

It will be coming faster than you think.

For example, in Europe it will be illegal to sell ICE vehicles in 13 years, BUT already the emissions standards are so insane that unless your car company has a bunch of electric or plug in hybrid vehicles, you have to partner with someone that does and piggy back off them or be faced with impossible fines.

Commiefornia is also pushing that way hard.

With the way it is looking like the elections are permanently fixed and we will have single party rule with a token "loyal opposition" expect the politics around vehicles to only get worse.

For example, in Europe it will be illegal to sell ICE vehicles in 13 years, BUT already the emissions standards are so insane that unless your car company has a bunch of electric or plug in hybrid vehicles, you have to partner with someone that does and piggy back off them or be faced with impossible fines.

With the way it is looking like the elections are permanently fixed and we will have single party rule with a token "loyal opposition" expect the politics around vehicles to only get worse.

Exactly! It's coming so you might as well embrace it. Some can call it beta testing but if you think the aftertreatment systems on diesel engines are any better, I encourage you to do a little research. GDI engines have their own issues as well. Then we can get into collision mitigation systems, lane departure and some of the other electronics already on the road...

And they can also lock you out of your EV when your social credit score takes a hit because you called Pelosi a gas bag on Twitter/Fbook. Or because you like guns. Or you attended a protest....

Screw EV's.
Oh yeah, I wouldn’t want one based on this too. But this isn’t a fault of ev’s themselves, that’s a fault of totalitarian government

Someone tell me this....
If that car is electric, why is it smoking more than most any ICE race car ?

Did they burn the electron rings out of it or what ?
Wire guide seals ?
Or.....is the battery melting down as we watch ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
1AC0115F-2AE4-4B2A-9B09-A4DDE259DE7F.jpeg
Here’s a picture of the only green energy form of transportation. The rest is Tesla fuel.

Someone tell me this....
If that car is electric, why is it smoking more than most any ICE race car ?

Did they burn the electron rings out of it or what ?
Wire guide seals ?
Or.....is the battery melting down as we watch ?
Its a fan car like the old Chapparral 2J. Meaning it uses a fan to create a vacuum under the car for added down force. What you see is the debris from the fan sucking up off the pavement exhausted out back being caught up in the airflow from the aero package.

Electric cars serve a purpose but taxing /regulating liquid fuel burning engines out of existence is fucking retarded!!

And they can also lock you out of your EV when your social credit score takes a hit because you called Pelosi a gas bag on Twitter/Fbook. Or because you like guns. Or you attended a protest....

Screw EV's.
Thats not just EVs, its all cars and trucks that are hooked to the internet.

Battery technology has to get much better and less destructive & gov subsidies need to be completely eliminated before I even think about an ev. I love the idea though

Same with yachts. Wider has made some beautiful "diesel-electric serial hybrid" yachts (diesel-generator & batteries) with almost no noise or vibration; but I can't imagine when and if those huge batteries catch fire at sea.

So China lands in Afghanistan the second the U.S. abandons it along with our tax money and equipment, buys up mineral rights in order to mine precious resources needed to make batteries, corners the world market on all batteries used in EVs, of course with a kickback to the big guy for every battery sold.

Thats basically it. I'll never own an EV except for maybe a Hoveround.

So China lands in Afghanistan the second the U.S. abandons it along with our tax money and equipment, buys up mineral rights in order to mine precious resources needed to make batteries, corners the world market on all batteries used in EVs, of course with a kickback to the big guy for every battery sold.

Thats basically it. I'll never own an EV except for maybe a Hoveround.
China bought copper mining rights in the mountains around Kabul 18 years ago. They haven’t been able to produce because of the war. Western Sanctions against the Taliban hinder western investments. Some in Afghanistan would prefer western companies over dealing with China but western politicians have made that hard to finance.

We are literally shooting our selves in the foot. Kinda like all the sanctions on Russia’s energy in Europe artificially inflating global prices. Our current “leaders” 🤢🤮are doing this on purpose.

Cant blame your sentiments one bit. But that doesn’t mean electric cars are trash, or not a viable transportation source.

Think of it this way, Solar array, battery power could be 100% off the grind source of transport. In a shit hits the fan energy crisis ie no liquid fuel. You could use solar panels to charge your electric vehicle.

Got my marshmallows and Graham crackers ready.

Show me on the doll where Tesla touched you... 🤪. Man everything has its pluses and minuses. Regardless. 1.3 seconds off the all time record at good wood is damn impressive.

Also to your refueling delima. The solution is swapping batteries, not waiting for the in car pack to charge. Like a cordless drill.

I personally don’t care if it runs on unicorn farts. That thing is incredibly fast.

I care that the entire electric car thing is a scam built upon a foundation of lies. Yeah, they accelerate faster, that is a by-product of an electric motor. Thus far most electric cars and trucks are crippled when they go uphill or run at full power for more than the 41 seconds required for this race. They heat soak and it is far harder to cool a one ton battery so it does not explode than an ICE engine that creates similar power.

Here is the basic problem with lying assed electric car cunts. The Electric Car Cunts of America claim the average battery shitbox will require about 2,300 KWH a year to power it thru Faggot land. The problem is that is you calculate the average number of miles the average person drives by the average number of KW per mile, even the most generous rendering of math says these cars will require 4,458 KWH, nearly 100% more. If your shitty product had real value you would not have to be a lying cunt to market it, the value would be apparent and people would flock to buy it.

This country has 290 MILLION privately owned vehicles. Let's say that only 1/2 of them are driven daily. That will require about 650,000,000 MEGAWATTS of electricity annually. That will require 645,000 new wind turbines. Those new wind turbines will require 52 MILLION ACRES OF LAND. Imagine covering an area 1.5 times the size of New York state in wind turbines. now imagine the tens of thousands of transformers and thousands of miles of wire required to connect them to anything else.

If we swapped every commercial truck and private vehicle to battery is will require a billion of those swappable battery packs, literally. That is just America.

Cobalt, lithium, manganese, nickel, copper and lead are all required to make an electric car battery. All of it will be strip mined from somewhere or dredged from the oceans and all of it will cause stunning levels of pollution. Here is the best part. The Electric Car Cunts of America claim making a battery for a Tesla model 3 only emits 15,000 pounds of CO2, far less than anything for an ICE car. They get this figure by forgetting the CO2 emitted in the mining, refining, processing and shipping of all the raw materials for the battery and only tracking the battery making process at the Tesla plant in Nevada.

Every ton of lithium creates 15 tons of CO2. In America a 100,000 tons of CO2 are emitted annually just to make and refine lead. Every ton of manganese processed creates 6 tons of CO2. 2.5 tons of CO2 per ton of copper. 11.5 tons of CO2 for a ton of aluminum and each Tesla requires nearly 500 pounds of aluminum. Hell you will still need 12 million barrels of oil a year just to make fucking plastic bags. Essentially a Tesla Model S produces as much CO@ as an ICE car that gets 20 mpg.

The real problem with electric cars is that they are built on a pyramid of lies and idiots think that because the car does not emit exhaust it is not creating pollution. Idiots are absolutely critical to the marketing of electric cars. Stupid motherfuckers who believe that if they are not doing the burning, it simply ceases to happen. You know..........................................people stupid enough to vote for Joe Biden.

Last edited:
EVs...great 0-60, pretty damn good for quarter mile, evidently really decent for time attack hero laps.

Do a 1/2mi run or a 30min session and lemme know how it goes.

I care that the entire electric car thing is a scam built upon a foundation of lies. Yeah, they accelerate faster, that is a by-product of an electric motor. Thus far most electric cars and trucks are crippled when they go uphill or run at full power for more than the 41 seconds required for this race. They heat soak and it is far harder to cool a one ton battery so it does not explode than an ICE engine that creates similar power.

Here is the basic problem with lying assed electric car cunts. The Electric Car Cunts of America claim the average battery shitbox will require about 2,300 KWH a year to power it thru Faggot land. The problem is that is you calculate the average number of miles the average person drives by the average number of KW per mile, even the most generous rendering of math says these cars will require 4,458 KWH, nearly 100% more. If your shitty product had real value you would not have to be a lying cunt to market it, the value would be apparent and people would flock to buy it.

This country has 290 MILLION privately owned vehicles. Let's say that only 1/2 of them are driven daily. That will require about 650,000,000 MEGAWATTS of electricity annually. That will require 645,000 new wind turbines. Those new wind turbines will require 52 MILLION ACRES OF LAND. Imagine covering an area 1.5 times the size of New York state in wind turbines. now imagine the tens of thousands of transformers and thousands of miles of wire required to connect them to anything else.

If we swapped every commercial truck and private vehicle to battery is will require a billion of those swappable battery packs, literally. That is just America.

Cobalt, lithium, manganese, nickel, copper and lead are all required to make an electric car battery. All of it will be strip mined from somewhere or dredged from the oceans and all of it will cause stunning levels of pollution. Here is the best part. The Electric Car Cunts of America claim making a battery for a Tesla model 3 only emits 15,000 pounds of CO2, far less than anything for an ICE car. They get this figure by forgetting the CO2 emitted in the mining, refining, processing and shipping of all the raw materials for the battery and only tracking the battery making process at the Tesla plant in Nevada.

Every ton of lithium creates 15 tons of CO2. In America a 100,000 tons of CO2 are emitted annually just to make and refine lead. Every ton of manganese processed creates 6 tons of CO2. 2.5 tons of CO2 per ton of copper. 11.5 tons of CO2 for a ton of aluminum and each Tesla requires nearly 500 pounds of aluminum. Hell you will still need 12 million barrels of oil a year just to make fucking plastic bags. Essentially a Tesla Model S produces as much CO@ as an ICE car that gets 20 mpg.

The real problem with electric cars is that they are built on a pyramid of lies and idiots think that because the car does not emit exhaust it is not creating pollution. Idiots are absolutely critical to the marketing of electric cars. Stupid motherfuckers who believe that if they are not doing the burning, it simply ceases to happen. You know..........................................people stupid enough to vote for Joe Biden.

If a product is superior, it will not have to have subsidies, and forced usage to be brought to market.
How many carbon credits do I have to buy from Al Gore's pyramid scheme to raise cows?

I can give you some actual real-world numbers:
For a start my daily commute is more than double what is considered "average" but is probably actually more like average for my state.

About 5 years ago, I was driving an average fuel economy vehicle, it needed about 4 gallons of gas for my daily commute.
So about 20 gallons a week or 1040 gallons a year.

I swapped to one of the most fuel-efficient hybrid vehicles available and drove it carefully.
I wound up needing on average 2 gallons of gas for my daily commute.
So about 10 gallons a week or 520 gallons a year.

Then I changed to a plug-in hybrid.
(This is a large, heavy, full sized SUV vehicle and as such is NOT the most efficient car type electric vehicle you could get)

My daily commute on average uses no gasoline and 30 KWh of electricity (Including charging / storage losses).
So 150 KWh of electricity per week for 7,800 KWh of electricity per year.

Currently let's say gas is around $5 a gallon, as I usually don't ever use the super cheap stuff.
Electricity costs about $0.13 per KWh

My electricity is probably 90% produced by Natural Gas with the balance being coal and nuclear, based on our local power grid.

What electric cars are VERY good at, is moving the pollution and emissions away from your homes, neighborhoods, schools and workplaces, into somebody else's back yard. The way to make it environmentally friendly would be you would need to have enough baseline nuclear power to handle all the overnight charging and then during the day your NG power plants would be more online to help with the increased load during the day or during extreme weather.

But guess what we are not building as a country...

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Having solar + powerwall + EV has been a game changer for my family. The 4x4 now is really only used for outdoor adventuring or me hauling guns and targets to the range or BLM land. Our power bill is about $10/month and that's mostly from a gas stove. The solar charges the EV but sometimes we have to charge away from home on longer drives, so that ends up being about $20 month. Then I end up filling up the tank on the truck about once a month now, so even with shit gas prices that's $120/month. And on top of that, we generate so many extra KW during each season, minus winter, that goes back into the grid that the power company pays us back anywhere from $500-1k at the end of year.

So I'm just glad none of this has been outlawed yet.

I have three cars. The combined purchase price for all three totals $6200.00
When I can get three electric cars for $6200, that I can fix in my driveway with the tools I have in the trunk, please let me know. I'd love one just to drive back and forth to work. :)

At those prices, they must be over 10 years old each. Given how most of the mid-range EVs are fairly new, you'll probably be able to get one for similar used prices in about 10 years. Right now they're still kind of niche, but as manufacturers of scale increase the number of EVs available, things will be more accessible. And battery tech is only going to be get better. My wife's 2016 e-Golf only got 90 miles on a charge, while her newer EV gets almost three times that range. It's conceivable that by 2030 you'll be able to get a used EV for under $5k with 500 mile range.

Let’s check back in 8 years then. For the past couple of years I’ve been working in the automotive sector in the self-driving/AI side of things and I’m constantly surprised by what’s conceivable in the near future.

Reactions: Bradu

Emission credits sold to other manufacturers it where Tesla makes most money, without them, they would be broke.

But yes electric cars are the future. Politics is not only pushing electric for 'ecology' but host of other technologies that boil down to absolute control of the crowd. Even ICE cars will soon have kill switches and car snitching on you 24/7 , EV's will add your social score to it as well.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Also to add, mechanics are going to need to transition to other work in the 2030s. That 2016 e-Golf went five years and only needed two checkups at the dealer. No oil changes, no regular service or PMCS in general compared to an ICE vehicle. I did add wiper fluid a few times though - shudder!

Reactions: The D
Also to add, mechanics are going to need to transition to other work in the 2030s. That 2016 e-Golf went five years and only needed two checkups at the dealer. No oil changes, no regular service or PMCS in general compared to an ICE vehicle. I did add wiper fluid a few times though - shudder!
A vw that didn’t need any service visits? Hold on to that unicorn

Back in the '80's when we were fixing consumer electronics (instead of throwing them away) I had a partner whose function was Service Manager - he pushed paper all day and thought he was a lot smarter than the technicians who actually repaired switch mode power supplies and the like to component level. When the whole industry started moving to computers, both to distribute service literature and do the books and order parts and all that he resisted because all this new computer crap was just a "flash in the pan" and he didn't want to invest in computerizing the business since it was all gonna "go away" here in 10 years.

I get the feeling a lot of the opponents of EV's are kinda like that...just because it's not perfect from the moment is was rolled out doesn't mean it's not gonna be the only game in town in 10 years. Just watch as the new batteries carry 3X more power and run cooler and charge in minutes instead of hours. The electric infrastructure is expanding to meet this challenge. Meanwhile, all you fossil fuel whores can keep dumping tons of carbon into the air and shrug your shoulders because you'll be dead when yer kinds and grandkids are literally roasting and choking on the residue.

The future is electric. Deal with it. Not perfect from the get go but in ten years I hope they ban burning fossil fuels.....

VooDoo

Ummm fact check.....we no longer make and refine the strategic metal lead...

Otherwise carry on.

Reactions: EddieNFL
Criticism of EVs isn't the same thing as being an "opponent of EVs".

There are very real issues with mass adoption of EVs in the USA, a few of which in no particular order:

1. Cost of new vehicles
2. EV range & battery life
3. Electrical grid/generation capacity (!!!)
4. Electrical charging capacity - not just for single family homes or mass charging stations but apartments, "fueling stations", etc
5. Rate of charging

I think renewable energy is the tits, the self-reliance aspect with batteries is amazing. My barn is powered by an off-grid PV system, and I would put PV on my house tomorrow if the climate where I lived (southern Indiana) made a lick of economic sense. But at this moment in time - it doesn't.

Let's be frankly honest - in June 2022, EVs are owned predominately but not exclusively by the wealthy and upper middle class who can afford thousands of dollars to have an electrician put a 240V charging station in their suburban home. The technology is progressing and improving, but we simply aren't there yet in terms of mass adoption. Come 2030 we'll probably be close to the tipping point...but with the average age of a car on the road north of 12 years, we'll be using gasoline for a while.

If we ever pull our head out of our ass and begin to utilize microreactors for generation, and invest billions upon billions to improve our electrical grid, and battery technology has a revolutionary leap that increases capacity while decreasing costs....then perhaps that moment will come sooner.

I guess we'll all see.

Let's be frankly honest - in June 2022, EVs are owned predominately but not exclusively by the wealthy and upper middle class who can afford thousands of dollars to have an electrician put a 240V charging station in their suburban home.
Huh?

1656180857908.jpeg

Reactions: UKDslayer
I did say "predominately but not exclusively"...

What's your rate of charge over 120V? Maybe 1.8kWh on a standard 15A breaker?

Beats me - I’m not an electrical engineer. 120v charges the car to max in about six hours, but when that happens overnight it just feels like magic. A 240v would be much quicker but totally unnecessary. These kinds of plug-in 120v chargers are pretty much the norm, from what I can tell, though I do know one person with a 240v, but he was a very early adopter back around 2010.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Having solar + powerwall + EV has been a game changer for my family. The 4x4 now is really only used for outdoor adventuring or me hauling guns and targets to the range or BLM land. Our power bill is about $10/month and that's mostly from a gas stove. The solar charges the EV but sometimes we have to charge away from home on longer drives, so that ends up being about $20 month. Then I end up filling up the tank on the truck about once a month now, so even with shit gas prices that's $120/month. And on top of that, we generate so many extra KW during each season, minus winter, that goes back into the grid that the power company pays us back anywhere from $500-1k at the end of year.

So I'm just glad none of this has been outlawed yet.

There are points to be made and so few people who understand them.

1. Powering 7,000,000 battery cars is not difficult. This county has 150,000,000 cars. Ramp the total consumption of power used by electric cars up 25 times today's levels. Can the nation's power grid support it? No. Not without hundreds of billions of dollars in improvements. To fuel ICE engine cars, private companies and independent businessmen created companies and built tens of thousands of gas stations. Battery car assholes want the government to fund their power sources costing taxpayers hundreds of billions of dollars. My point is you should buy your own fucking gas station or pay far more in taxes to own and operate a battery car.

2. Electric cars are at least a decade or two away from being the practical battery swapping end all of transportation people want. Forcing them onto the public under the lies of some bullshit "climate change" scheme if total fucking crap and will make the coming recession last for those twenty years.

3. Coal fired trains have disappeared and so will most ICE powered cars in the next 50 years, it is the way of the world. They left when the railroads perfected the diesel electric locomotive and not one day before. How fucked up would railroads have been if FDR had stopped all steam locomotive traffic in 1942 to keep America from making too much smoke during WWII? Ten years later, steam was leaving in droves because the time was right and the technology was right. Coal fired trains lasted until 1981 in some capacity. The complete transition took 70 years. It was in full swing from the 1930's to the 1960's.

4. Imagine a gas station with 12 pumps on a busy highway. It refuels a car every 5 minutes or so and is capable of refueling 300 cars an hour with no real problems.

Imagine a battery car charging station with 12 stations, it refuels 6 to 12 cars an hour.

Imagine how long it will take under the current scheme for a charging station to recharge the 3,000 cars a day that passed thru the gas station.

Until you can pull in and swap your dead battery for a new battery in 10 minutes or less and get back on the road the battery car will suck.

I live in a place where the sun does not shine for weeks at a time in the winter, literally. I am glad you live in the desert, it is rainless and cloudless and your solar panels work. Here they are just shitty siding or a black roof for six months a year. When the sunny days are six hours long they will power literally nothing useful, maybe the dryer for an hour.

Yeah we could have had gas heat, a gas stove and all of that stuff but our cunt fucking asshole, left wing piece of shit governor wants to make propane and natural gas illegal too. In a decade the price of propane will be like the price of cigarettes or alcohol and damned near unaffordable because of "Climate taxes".

When the average daily temperature is 30 degrees and when a cold snap is -15 degrees for a week, that amazing electric car is going to have about 50 miles of range as it kills itself using resistive heat to clear the ice from the windshield and keep the passengers from freezing to death. If it is parked outside overnight it will need to be plugged it to keep from dying.

I'm a big fan of everyone buying tens of billions of dollars in shitty Chinese made solar panels every year and putting them on the roof of every building. This could literally make a huge portion of our power needs up. Sure it will export a trillion or three American dollars to our nation's enemies and make our countries economy poorer and weaker. The trillions will make China the #1 world's super power. Windmills are doing it as we speak.

Yeah battery cars are the wave of the future. Joe Biden has demanded that all cars made after 2026 have a kill switch so the Federal government can shut them off as needed without your control. Tesla cars report to Elon every night for software updates and to tell him where you went all day, where you shopped and what you bought, they even film you as you fucking drive. Do you hate google giving you ads based on your internet activity? Do you hate 23and Me selling your DNA to law enforcement? or medical insurance companies? without your consent. Think about a car that reports directly to the FBI, records your conversations for use against you in court and logs your passengers for future law enforcement use as "meta data".

Remember the day 20 years from now where you spend $150,000 on a battery powered shitbox that reports directly to a government agency, decides when and where you can fucking drive, costs a ton to recharge because they increased the price of electricity 1000% to pay for the new roads and just like Google, it forces you to turn in Burger King because they paid the ads and it does not give a shit if you wanted McDonald's. And remember I told ya so.................................

A Chevy Bolt, which I looked at a couple years ago for a commuter car, charges just 4 miles per hour range on Level One (120V).

The Tesla Model 3, Hyundai EV6, Ford Mach-E and VW ID.4 are all about the same.

Beats me - I’m not an electrical engineer. 120v charges the car to max in about six hours, but when that happens overnight it just feels like magic. A 240v would be much quicker but totally unnecessary. These kinds of plug-in 120v chargers are pretty much the norm, from what I can tell, though I do know one person with a 240v, but he was a very early adopter back around 2010.

I agree you are not an electrical engineer. You are off by a mere 34 hours on your guess.

However, we can give you an approximate charging time if you have a dead Tesla battery and need a full charge.

Here are the estimates of how long it takes to fully charge a tesla:

• Level 1 (120 V): 20 to 40 hours
  • Level 2 (240 V): 8 to 12 hours
  • Level 3 (480 V): 15 to 25 minutes

when one can be competitive in the cannonball rally I’ll be interested, until that it’s a fun novelty vehicle

Maybe it's because our EV isn't a Tesla? All I know is if the car comes home with less than 10 miles of range (not uncommon), then it's fully charged by the morning. On more than one occasion I've drained it in the morning going to get a CT scan, then hopped in it at the end of the work day to run errands and it's fully charged. Maybe my wife takes it to one of the super chargers in town without me noticing?

You are correct on the lack of power grid and generation to support 100 switch to EV at this point. Or that they too impact the environment around them , hell everything does to some degree.

I am not against EV, but like you don’t want to see it forced on us through regulation. I also do not want to see ICE’s phased out through regulation.

Appreciate your long winded responses!! Valid points!

when one can be competitive in the cannonball rally I’ll be interested, until that it’s a fun novelty vehicle
You’d need to have infrastructure set up to support quick change batteries if any sort of endurance racing is in order.

In speaking with a few Tesla owners at car shows and tracks one of the big complaints is finding charging stations when they travel across country.edit- when they find them it’s common somebody’s already parked there or it’s broken.

Last edited:
It won't be a novelty in 10 years and EVs will be all over the place in 20 years. Think about how fast technology moves... 20 years ago smart phones almost didn't exist.

Then we hear people saying things like "Feasible EV technology is 50 years away! We dont have the power to support it!"
Seriously??? Think of where we were in the 1970s...

Bottom line: these things will be everywhere in 20 years. There's a huge push for off-shore wind farms as we speak. Plus, batteries will become more and more efficient over time.

It won't be a novelty in 10 years and EVs will be all over the place in 20 years. Think about how fast technology moves... 20 years ago smart phones almost didn't exist.

Then we hear people saying things like "Feasible EV technology is 50 years away! We dont have the power to support it!"
Seriously??? Think of where we were in the 1970s...

Bottom line: these things will be everywhere in 20 years. There's a huge push for off-shore wind farms as we speak. Plus, batteries will become more and more efficient over time.

Maybe with a MAJOR breakthrough in battery tech.

Tech innovation is not graphed on a linear scale, if they were my iPhone should be a quantum computer with a petabyte of storage.

Paid $1500 for my current daily driver. When they get that cheap and still reliable, I will try one.

Reactions: TurboTrout