• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic dispenser accuracy

EMCA

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2020
Hi guys.
Now I need to travel 3 hours to develop a long distance load with my 300 prc and 6.5 creedmoor.
I'm thinking about taking everything I need to do the ladder and seat test the same day.
The problem comes with the scale.
Right now I use a Lyman M5 and a small camera connected to the PC.
I don't want to go with all that.
My question is:
Is an RCBS chargemaster lite or link accurate enough to obtain the best precision at long distances?
It would save me time and having to go to the range very loaded.
Thank you so much

Is an RCBS chargemaster lite or link accurate enough to obtain the best precision at long distances?

Why would you think that budget scales would produce "the best precision" for any distance? What you need to ask yourself is, do you think that you and your rifle can shoot the difference between a scale that resolves to 0.1 grain, or 0.02 grains or 0.005 grains?

Last edited:
Yes, you can absolutely get good accuracy from them and plenty of shooters use them.

"Almost 1/2 of the handloaders said they weighed every powder charge using “a regular, consumer-grade model that cost under $500.” The most popular model is likely the RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo. RCBS says the scale is accurate to +/- 0.1 grains. The average dispense time is around 30 seconds, so I’ve seen a lot of guys running two or three ChargeMasters side-by-side to speed up their loading process."

Erik Cortina with some tweaks for them.

PRS user on them vs more expensive.

F Class John

I’ve done load development at the range. RCBS cm lite on a battery pack and inline dies works fine

If you do not intend to modify your load while at your match you could . . .
Reprogram and modify a Chargemaster 1500 to deliver much more precise throws. (Plus or minus two granules of powder - although it will run SLOWER.) Sit in your loading room with a good read or TV and throw as many charges as you will need. Capture each charge in a small 5ml glass screw-top vial and take these to your match. (Glass vials with screw caps are $25 for a 100/pack on Amazon.) Or, save these vials for secondary measurement with a true laboratory grade electronic balance (Mettler). I use plastic crayon boxes from Walmart ($1.24 each) to store and organize the vials, each box holding ten vials.