• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Electronic Ear Pro in the Rain

manscout

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2017
I hate the HL impacts.. what electronic muffs has anyone had that can handle heavy rain? I've heard horrible things about peltor. and obviously the msa and comtacs are g2g in the rain.

Not sure if my comment helps any, but I did leave my Peltors out in the rain once accidentally . And of course they were dead. After popping the cups and letting everything air dry they were good to go again.

Best overall performance I've ever had in electronic hear-pro are MSA Sordin Pro X. I have run these in multiple classes in the rain with zero issues. If you get them by all means get the gel cups, this is a must! If you get pressure headaches from the traditional over the head band models I can't recommend the neck-band/behind the head model enough.

Best overall performance I've ever had in electronic hear-pro are MSA Sordin Pro X. I have run these in multiple classes in the rain with zero issues. If you get them by all means get the gel cups, this is a must! If you get pressure headaches from the traditional over the head band models I can't recommend the neck-band/behind the head model enough.

This. The MSA’s with gel cups are the most comfortable I’ve found to date. I can wear them for hours without headaches or discomfort. They are very durable and I have never had any issue in the rain. If it’s pouring I just remove the gel cups and foam and let everything dry out well afterwards.

The Nacre Quietpro system has worked well for me in the nastiest of Oregon rains. The connection ports all have o-ring seals

Might not hurt to look into some "in ear" electronic plugs. Some of them on the market provide more noise cancelling ratings than the over ear do and are more comfortable to wear. I've been running the EAR Inc. SHOTHUNT plugs for a couple years and they were worth every penny. I can where them for 8-10 hours comfortably and battery life is great (as long as you don't leave them on for days) haha.

Peltor Comtac with gel cups are also quite comfortable and appear to be waterproofed.

As already mentioned MSA are gtg. Well worth the cost, at least I think so

i appreciate all the replies. i know ear pro is way too common of a topic here but no one ever talks about using them in the rain. as for the in-ear option, i need to be able to put plugs in under the muffs

Last edited: