• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Element optics Titan 5-25 FFP

Dewil

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2020
Sweden
Hi everyone,
I’m planning on buying a new scope for my tikka t1x 22lr build and the strike eagle 5-25ffp seems like a solid choice.
However, newly started element optics also seems pretty interesting. I have seen some “reviews” but not from anyone not in some way affiliated.

What’s your thoughts, or better yet, experiences with the brand/model.
// Will
9D53131B-F340-40DD-99B8-DCDEF050ECD8.jpeg

0D714FA0-E03B-4CEA-AE39-3293C585AB6B.jpeg

I have no experience with the Titan but I have been shooting the Nexus on my PCP rifle for the past few months. It’s a great scope for the money.

Reactions: Dewil
They have three scopes (nexus, Titan and helix) in the lineup and the two cheaper are from China I assume. The more expensive one is from japan.
From their info it’s not limited to air rifles

These scopes are not just for air rifles. Titan and Helix are made in China. Nexus (I have one and like it) is made in Japan.

I'll test Titan and Helix as they become available, but the prototypes looked very promising.

ILya

We just finalized the process and are officially an Element Optics dealer. Our web builder is working to get their scopes onto our site, however, if you are looking for one give us a call, 516-217-1000, and we will get one on the way to you

Reactions: JDPRH
Where is it made?

Doing a Google search pulls up airsoft sites selling this optic. It might not be a good choice for a rifle.
Air rifles, especially springers are notoriously hard on rifle scopes. Many a quality centerfire scope has met its demise on an airgun.

Reactions: Ryder276
I find it odd that the highest quality one has some less desirable features.
That's the game you have to play to meet a price point though.

We just finalized the process and are officially an Element Optics dealer. Our web builder is working to get their scopes onto our site, however, if you are looking for one give us a call, 516-217-1000, and we will get one on the way to you

That's excellent.

I like Element scopes quite a lot. I have the Nexus and Helix FFP. I have not tested the Titan though. The two I have are really good for the money and just generally good.

The company is here to stay, I think, and they have some clever things in development.

ILya

The Titan certainly lives up to its name, 39 oz. (2.44 pounds) scope! Must have taken a page out of the Vortex Razor HD Gen II design philosophy book!

I’ve had the opportunity to test both the helix and nexus, and hoping to try the titan as well. The helix is a fantastic little scope for the money. Shoots well above its price range in my mind. The nexus is outstanding. Glass is very nice, the colour and quality was excellent. The turrets and zero stop on both were great. The reticle was very nice. The one thing I would like to say, is they got there sizing on the reticle down pat! Ffp wasn’t too small or too big at any point! I was very pleased. Unfortunately had to return them but planning on purchasing a titan and a nexus for sure after being able to shoot them. I had a Nikon black fx, Schmidt pmII, nightforce nxs, vortex razor gen ii and a pst gen ii for side by side comparison at the time of shooting. On a separate day had it beside the mx7i as well but wasn’t with all the other optics

I have the Element Nexus and it is an outstanding scope for the money.Got mine from Camera Land when it was on sale.

I have the Element Titan 3-18X50 and it is just ok, as far as I am concerned. I haven't used it a lot but the glass is not great. Not as good as an Arken EP5 or an Athlon Helos.

Reactions: Scopeye
Element Optics simply aren't worth the price of "regular" admission. Buy them only when they go on sale for the Titan 5-25x56 recently was on sale for around $550 or $535 for the 3-18x. Nexus 5-20x50 $999 and $1039. Helix SFP 6-24x50 $249 and FFP $320. Helix FFP 4-16x $307. Helix 2-16x SFP roughly $300 and Theos 6-36x $1979. I like to take notes on all sales history and see what huge markups other dealers are actually charging. They go on sale several times a year or buy from the airgun airsoft dealers who offer free Element Optics scopes just for posting a good review and shill for the brand on forums while other dealers may offer half price for doing so. If you're a YouTube star or reviewer you'll get them for free including free t shirts and their brand logo hats and stickers to paste onto your guns and scopes etc too. This is why there a lot of Element Optics shills like how Arken does. Hyping up the scopes and brand more than they are actually worth. Many of the YouTube stars are incredibly unethical airgun hunters trying to show off the airgun brand that financially backed the scopes videotaping shooting live game well past 100 yards to 200 yards on video they enjoy posting on YouTube. Imagine all the wounded ones that weren't uploaded to YouTube. Their airguns cist excess of $2000.00+ and the viewers are so hyped about dumping all their hard earned money in buying those airguns and Element Optics brand scopes and don't mind paying full price for everything. If it were me I'd go with a KIDD or Volquartsen with a silencer way better accuracy at those long distances vs their expensive toy airguns and a lot cheaper too even with the tax stamp.

The Element Optics brand scopes are mediocre to sub par at best based on their normal selling prices when compared to other well known brands. We (among myself and a bunch of friends) tried them all and we didn't think too highly of any of them but I've personally yet to try out the Theos nest time it goes on sale for under $2000 and I refuse to shill for any brand. If they're crap I'll tell it like it really is. The Helix has terrible glass fir it's price and an unacceptably tight unforgiving eyebox. The first Titan 5-25 my friend received had really bad image quality past 22x and his replacement wasn't much better he sold it for really cheap just to dump it since he really thought it was terrible scope even for the half price he paid and refused to shill for the brand based on his 2x experience since he doesn't want to lie about it. The Nightforce SHV and Tract Toric both much cheaper than the Nexus had clearer image quality compared to the Nexus so did my way cheaper Chinese Athlon Ares BTR specifically at 5-20x magnification.

I may try out a Theos next time it goes on sale for under $2000.00 and just return it for a refund if it's junk. It's MSRP similarly to my Sightron SVIII 5-40x56 and I'm curious to compare them both side by side.

Edited to correct price in 2-16x50 SFP Helx with illuminated center dot at around $360 not $300 as previously noted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Macirsh and smola
I have the Element Titan 3-18X50 and it is just ok, as far as I am concerned. I haven't used it a lot but the glass is not great. Not as good as an Arken EP5 or an Athlon Helos.
True dat. Honest customer who quite obviously didn't receive it for free or half price to shill and spread nonsense overinflated hype for Element Optics.

Keep in mind that Element Optics brand was started by a group of airsoft airgunners and not precision long range center-fire shooters. They were financially backed by a major airgun manufacturer not a firearms manufacturer. They shoot from very close range up to 200 yards so don't be too disappointed if their glass quality isn't up to long range standards. I don't even think any of the company owners actually have any personal experience in optical engineering either.

Reactions: b6graham
I have a titan 3-18x and an Ep5 and i cant confirm that the ep5 is better. In fact I would say that the Titan has a slight edge. The eyebox on the Titan is much better imo. Glas quality is pretty similar, both are tanks and seem very durable. The 3-18x has a massive adjustment range, perfect for rimfire.

I have a titan 3-18x and an Ep5 and i cant confirm that the ep5 is better. In fact I would say that the Titan has a slight edge. The eyebox on the Titan is much better imo. Glas quality is pretty similar, both are tanks and seem very durable. The 3-18x has a massive adjustment range, perfect for rimfire.
There's a HUGE price difference between an Arken EP5 and Element Titan and considering they both are made in China. I'd personally opt for the new 2023 Philippines made Primary Arms GLX 3-18x FFP 34mm with 160MOA total elevation travel for cheaper than the Chinese Element Titan and Athlon Ares ETR (best Chinese 3-18x FFP 34mm that money can possibly buy if you get a good one without specs in the glass or illumination reflection issues).

Last edited:
They both cost around 700 in Europe though. The country of origin doesnt tell the whole story anymore imo. chinese made scopes have gotten pretty good in the last few years.

Reactions: Scopeye
They both cost around 700 in Europe though. The country of origin doesnt tell the whole story anymore imo. chinese made scopes have gotten pretty good in the last few years.
Especially the Athlon Midas Tac 4-16x and 6-24x and Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 which are the best Chinese made scopes compared to all other similarly priced Chinese scopes sold by other brands. We literally tested them all side by side already. Element Optics came in last in most cases or close to last place based on their prices compared to other brands including much cheaper ones.

There's been QC issues on the Japanese made Nexus recently so be aware of it. There's also been Titans that aren't clear on high magnification to be aware of. The Helix according to everyone who are already in the know have below average glass for their price points everyone already knows this fact and their very unforgiving eyebox. Anyone who says their Elemen Helix has fantastic glass really don't know any better since they only were used to buying and looking through really crappy glass in their cheap scopes and never looked through an Athlon Midas Tac before (YES it's Chinese get over it) which should be the base standard of glass quality of how Chinese made scope clarity should be judged and compared to and their turrets and tracking reliability and total elevation travel as well. The Midas Tac 6-24x is clearer than an Arken EP5 and EPL4s on their maximum magnification.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion and I'm sure you have some valid points. I have owned and tested a shitload of scopes as well and my titan 3-18x is pretty good in comparison. I own a Helix as well - it surely does not have fantastic glass but I found it to be very decent as well. Very comparable to other scopes in the price range.
How could the Element scopes be much worse when they are made in the same factory by the same people like the other "good" scopes? It doesnt make sense.

I respect your opinion and I'm sure you have some valid points. I have owned and tested a shitload of scopes as well and my titan 3-18x is pretty good in comparison. I own a Helix as well - it surely does not have fantastic glass but I found it to be very decent as well. Very comparable to other scopes in the price range.
How could the Element scopes be much worse when they are made in the same factory by the same people like the other "good" scopes? It doesnt make sense.
Their glass isn't as good as their competition even though they may be made at the same factory in China they obviously cheap out on their glass and apparently focus more on their turrets but that's short lived especially if you shoot in colder climates where their turrets may even seize up. Have you owned an Athlon Midas Tac or Ares BTR Gen 2 before? Your future scope quality expectations will most definitely jump up several notches higher once you own these specific Athlons.

• Haha
Reactions: koshkin
You'd love the Athlon Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27x50 for $565 currently at Walmart online with free shipping and free returns. Image your Helix with better glass and better turrets, this is what the Ares BTR Gen 2 is which is also a superior scope compared to the Arken EP5.

Just avoid the Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 at all costs, it's glass is absolutely terrible on high magnification. It uses the Helos glass that's not even HD.

Don't know why this one guys has such a hate boner for Element Optics, but I just ordered a Helix 4-16 for my new Tikka hunting rifle.
It was the only lightweight ffp scope that didn't cost $3k or more here in Norway with a somewhat decent reputation (Vortex isn't relevant as the dealer here isn't worth dealing with).
Currently I have an Athlon Ares BTR Gen2 4.5-27x50 on my Howa, so I'll be comparing it to that, but that's a 3x more expensive scope here...
Just had a Meopta Optika6 5-30x56 on loan, and it was so much nicer than my Athlon, which was a bit annoying, as they cost exactly the same in Norway.

Edit: FX Airguns (FX Outdoors now?) seems to be branching out and focusing more on firearms and long range, they just launched a chronograph that should be a very good alternative to Labradar, without much of the annoying bullshit. Early reviews look very promising.

Last edited:
Reactions: stanley_white
I have the Element Optics Nexus and it is a very good scope.

Don't know why this one guys has such a hate boner for Element Optics, but I just ordered a Helix 4-16 for my new Tikka hunting rifle.
It was the only lightweight ffp scope that didn't cost $3k or more here in Norway with a somewhat decent reputation (Vortex isn't relevant as the dealer here isn't worth dealing with).
Currently I have an Athlon Ares BTR Gen2 4.5-27x50 on my Howa, so I'll be comparing it to that, but that's a 3x more expensive scope here...
Just had a Meopta Optika6 5-30x56 on loan, and it was so much nicer than my Athlon, which was a bit annoying, as they cost exactly the same in Norway.

Edit: FX Airguns (FX Outdoors now?) seems to be branching out and focusing more on firearms and long range, they just launched a chronograph that should be a very good alternative to Labradar, without much of the annoying bullshit. Early reviews look very promising.
Hate boner? By my recommendation to buy them only when they have a really good discounted sale? I didn't mention don't buy them no matter what at any cost just suggested they are overpriced for what you actually get if you pay regular prices them.

Hate boner? By my recommendation to buy them only when they have a really good discounted sale? I didn't mention don't buy them no matter what at any cost just suggested they are overpriced for what you actually get if you pay regular prices them.
As I live in Norway, regular prices here are quite different than on your side of the Atlantic.
For example, a Nightforce NX8 here is almost $4k, pretty much all US brands cost twice as much here.
If, for some reason I'm not happy with the scope, I'll probably just upgrade to a Zeiss LRP S3 for my other rifle and swap over my Athlon.

Reactions: leendertp
Same. I put mine on a Skout PCP air rifle. It’s not bad but the turrets seem tight, like over-winding a clock or wind up toy. I’m going to try out their platinum warranty. I just ordered a 7-35 atacr f1 mil xt for the Skout. Got a great deal at euro optic