• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Element scope owners question

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    I contacted element, and cameraland and a few other sites on this question last night and got crickets. I'm wondering what size the center dot is on the helix 5-25x50 ffp at max magnification. I'll even take a size of the center dot on the SFP on the helix or titan. I watched a video or two from 100 yards and it looked like the center dot was quite large. Almost covering a 1/2 inch circle. Which would suck if that's the case. Looking to use it for 1/4 inch bullseye's at 1 and 200 yards

I'm sorry, I did not see the e-mail or PM. I have just reached out to my tech rep and as soon as I hear back I'll post the reply
    No problem. Not like I've been waiting a week. I just emailed you last night. But I did email element a few days ago. If the rep does not come back with an answer, what would you suggest in that price range for my intended use?

Why Element omits MRAD and MOA measurements on their reticle charts is beyond me. They must get these questions all the time.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    I have a helix and a nexus - yes I think it silly they don’t specify it’s mil value…. To my eye the center dot looks to be 1/10mil, them telling gr8tefuldoug that it’s 0.0217mm is meaningless as the direct measurement on the reticule doesn’t even hint at the angle it subtends through the lens system

Reactions: Dildobaggins