• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Element Theos 6-36 scope?

anymore news on these? I saw Iraqveteran8888 in a recent video with this THEOS and the optical quality looked pretty good

The Theos came out today.

I personally think the Element Nexus performs below its price point. Compared to the Cronus, Tract, Maven, Delta it just doesn't match up. Air gunners love it bc it focuses down to 10-15 yards. (How often does someone who spent $1,500 on a scope shoot less than 25 yards?) I did not notice a huge difference in the glass between the Nexus and the Titan. My friend had both and sold the Nexus. He was happier with the Titan.

I agree, I think the Titan is the best of the 3 Element scopes (for the price) it is the only 34mm tube, has the most elevation, the best reticle, etc. The 5-25 Midas Tac, Burris XTRIII and the Element Titan are 2 best scopes for at this price.

Now that the Theos came out, I'm it will be King. It looks like an amazing optic. Cant wait to check it out.

The Theos came out today.

I personally think the Element Nexus performs below its price point. Compared to the Cronus, Tract, Maven, Delta it just doesn't match up. Air gunners love it bc it focuses down to 10-15 yards. (How often does someone who spent $1,500 on a scope shoot less than 25 yards?) I did not notice a huge difference in the glass between the Nexus and the Titan. My friend had both and sold the Nexus. He was happier with the Titan.

I agree, I think the Titan is the best of the 3 Element scopes (for the price) it is the only 34mm tube, has the most elevation, the best reticle, etc. The 5-25 Midas Tac, Burris XTRIII and the Element Titan are 2 best scopes for at this price.

Now that the Theos came out, I'm it will be King. It looks like an amazing optic. Cant wait to check it out.

You haven't been to a rimfire match? Every one I've been to has had targets down to 20 yards, and lots of $2k+ scopes. Not uncommon to see razor gen 3, s&b pmii, etc. If I was going to buy a midas for rimfire I'd be looking for a 6-24 over the 5-25 for the close parallax.

I've even been to steel matches where they'll toss a close small swinger, because nobody ever shoots less than 100.

You haven't been to a rimfire match? Every one I've been to has had targets down to 20 yards, and lots of $2k+ scopes. Not uncommon to see razor gen 3, s&b pmii, etc. If I was going to buy a midas for rimfire I'd be looking for a 6-24 over the 5-25 for the close parallax.

I've even been to steel matches where they'll toss a close small swinger, because nobody ever shoots less than 100.
No I have never been to a rim fire match.

The Nexus is very popular with air rifle shooters who tend to shoot 100-300 yards. They really have no need for a 10yd parallax. And considering there are better scopes for that price I am surprised to see it is so popular. It's a decent scope, but there are 5 or 6 better scopes for the same price. That was my point.

The Theos has a lot of great features, but I am curious to see if the glass is any better than the Nexus. It is up against the Leica PRS at $2,800 and I can't see it having better glass than the Leica. But the Theos has a 2nd rev indicator, toolless turret and zero stop, capped windage, higher mag range at 36x.

I just got the Cronus this week, I upgraded from the Midas Tac 6-24. I LOVED the Midas! Amazing optic. And it parallaxes below 10 yards, mine would focus down to 7-8 yards. I personally never shot anything that close so giving up the 10yd focus in exchange for the 25yd of the Cronus was OK with me.

Waking this to life rather than starting a new thread.
Has anyone had some real life experience with this now? Quite keen on testing it as it looks very promising, but for the price there are a lot of heavy hitting competitors. How does it stack up to the Delta Stryker HD? Vortex Razor Gen 2 / 3 etc? Leica or Zeiss PRS? Second hand SuB? Kahles K624i / K525i?

I really like the 10m paralax as I have a laser training system it would be cool to be able to use with this scope (training with sling, sitting, standing etc). Here I need 10m parallax to be able to train indoors in my house.

I was tempted to try the new Element Optics Theos for $1979.99 through Optics Planet last months sale since they have free shipping and free returns within 30 days. All of the Element scopes were on sale with good discount price incentives bringing their costs down a lot. Examples $249 6-24x50 SFP Helix, $319 FFP 6-24x50 Helix, $307 4-16x44 FFP Helix, $550 Titan FFP 5-25x56, $540 Titan FFP 3-18x50, $1039 FFP 4-20x50 Nexus, $1979 Theos FFP 6-36x56. Cheapest I've seen the Nexus 5-20x50 was $899 and $999 at DVOR at different times. There are dealers who offer free scopes and others may offer to sell them for half price if you post a good review and shill for the brand.

They may be worth buying when they go on sale at these sale prices but not at their regular prices since there's better scopes in their respective price points such as Athlon Midas Tac and Ares and even the cheaper lines which are superior to the Element scopes even the Arken EPL4 and EP5 for less money. The Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 was $2025 with their incentives at the same time and the Vortex was a no brainer over the Theos.

The Helix have very unforgiving eyeboxes worse than the Arken SH4s and the Arken EPL4s are better alternatives. The Titans aren't best in class not at their normal selling prices and the only benefit to buying them is to deliberately add excessive weight to your guns but so does the Arken EP5 for cheaper and now there's the new Primary Arms GLx 4.5-27x56 and 3-18x made in the Philippines not China like the Element Titans that can be bought for cheaper than the Titans regular prices. I think it might be worth buying the Nexus for $899-$999 but at their $1499 typical price no way just spend a little more to buy a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 still under $1800 if you shop smart or better yet the Burris XTR PRO SCR2 MIL for $1800 instead. The Theos, even I didn't buy one for $1979. They're not a scope manufacturer, they were funded by an airgun manufacturer to sell scopes to compliment their brand of air rifles. When you actually see how cheap they can be sold for and realize how huge their profits really are, it's extremely difficult to want to pay regular prices for them.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Theos selling for $1799-$1899 at DVOR maybe even cheaper.

The Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 $2200 MSRP made in Japan was selling for $649.99 recently at two online retailers.

Just imagine how cheap the Theos and Nexus can be sold for. Hopefully the Nexus and Theos are more reliable than the Riton and not manufactured in the same Japan factory. The Riton is unreliable.

Last edited:
Waking this to life rather than starting a new thread.
Has anyone had some real life experience with this now? Quite keen on testing it as it looks very promising, but for the price there are a lot of heavy hitting competitors. How does it stack up to the Delta Stryker HD? Vortex Razor Gen 2 / 3 etc? Leica or Zeiss PRS? Second hand SuB? Kahles K624i / K525i?

I really like the 10m paralax as I have a laser training system it would be cool to be able to use with this scope (training with sling, sitting, standing etc). Here I need 10m parallax to be able to train indoors in my house.
No idea why anyone would ever consider wasting their money on a Theos when the Vortex Razor Gen 3 can be bought for $2000 delivered which is designed for heavy recoiling firearms while the Theos as well as their other lines of scopes are designed by airgun enthusiasts to be used for airguns. Do they actually have any background on scope design engineering, manufacturing and repair?

No idea why anyone would ever consider wasting their money on a Theos when the Vortex Razor Gen 3 can be bought for $2000 delivered which is designed for heavy recoiling firearms while the Theos as well as their other lines of scopes are designed by airgun enthusiasts to be used for airguns. Do they actually have any background on scope design engineering, manufacturing and repair?
Supposedly made at Light Optical Works in japan who makes a lot of high end scopes. The theos is made for more than air guns, and in Norway they typically sell for 1000usd less than the vortex razor gen 3...

Supposedly made at Light Optical Works in japan who makes a lot of high end scopes. The theos is made for more than air guns, and in Norway they typically sell for 1000usd less than the vortex razor gen 3...
No one really knows for sure whether or not it's made at LOW. It's a lot of money to pay for an unknown scope sold by a company not specialized in scope manufacturing and design. I'm sure you can at least buy Nightforce for cheaper where you live.

I have a Theos and am really impressed with it. It tracks incredibly well and the glass quality is phenomenal. Turrets were designed by the same guy who did Schmidt and Benders. Here is a pic of me testing the tracking yesterday. I dialed from zero up to 3.7 mils and then repeated for each shot.
Ballistic-X-Export-2023-05-22 19:59:51.101331.jpg

Tangent, Leupold Mark 5, and Minox ZP5. Had them all side by side. The Theos, with the aperture ring on, we had a hard time telling any difference between it and the Tangent. The Theos elevation turret also rivaled the Tangent. I prefer the Theos reticle over the other 3, it’s very intuitive and appropriately sized.

Tangent, Leupold Mark 5, and Minox ZP5. Had them all side by side. The Theos, with the aperture ring on, we had a hard time telling any difference between it and the Tangent. The Theos elevation turret also rivaled the Tangent. I prefer the Theos reticle over the other 3, it’s very intuitive and appropriately sized.
Interesting. What sort of conditions were you in? Lots of mirage or was it a calm cool morning? Windy? At what distances were you viewing and what object(s) were you looking at?

And how did the Theos fare without the aperture ring installed?

When we had all the scopes out it was a sunny clear day with minimal mirage. We viewed various steel targets and vegetation from 300-900 yards.

Without the aperture ring on we were able to discern that the Tangent had a slight edge when it came to seeing the detail of splash marks on steel at 900 yards, with the aperture ring on the two scopes were even. We set both scopes at 25x for this being the Tangent maxed at 25x.

When we had all the scopes out it was a sunny clear day with minimal mirage. We viewed various steel targets and vegetation from 300-900 yards.

Without the aperture ring on we were able to discern that the Tangent had a slight edge when it came to seeing the detail of splash marks on steel at 900 yards, with the aperture ring on the two scopes were even. We set both scopes at 25x for this being the Tangent maxed at 25x.
Thanks for the reply. I assume the target was white?

It would be cool to try that test with an aperture ring on the tangent as well, so both scopes had one. And to try it on a bad mirage day.

Here is a guy that makes all sorts of aperture rings: https://www.kreativ-solutions.com/product-page/mirage-cap

Also, for others, how aperture rings work and cheaper solutions:

Anyway, thx for the info!

Wow sounds like a more than decent scope for under $2000 when it's on sale. How's the durability? Do you have a Vortex Razor Gen 3 to compare it to?

I asked DLO about the Gen3, Theos, and Zeiss 6-36. He said the Gen 3 was the best of the three optically but he liked the feel of the Theos turrets the best.

Reactions: Scopeye
I asked DLO about the Gen3, Theos, and Zeiss 6-36. He said the Gen 3 was the best of the three optically but he liked the feel of the Theos turrets the best.
He should really get his hands on a Sightron SVIII 5-40x56 40mm I found it superior to the Vortex Razor Gen 3 and closest in true tier 1 category it's incredible I ended up buying several of them and actually saved a lot of money buying these extra Sightron SVIIIs instead of buying another March or Nightforce.

I think I'll buy a Theos next time it goes on sale for under $2000 probably at DVOR unfortunately their returns policy sucks if I end up not liking it if it's not crystal clear at 36x.

I asked him about the 5-40x Sightron awhile ago. He actually tested it but he never posted it since his video got messed up. He said the scope was nice optomechanically but didn't like the reticles. He thought it was overpriced at around $3K but would be a good buy at around $2K. He didn't seem very enthusiastic though.

I asked him about the 5-40x Sightron awhile ago. He actually tested it but he never posted it since his video got messed up. He said the scope was nice optomechanically but didn't like the reticles. He thought it was overpriced at around $3K but would be a good buy at around $2K. He didn't seem very enthusiastic though.
The MSRP is $2799 or $2899 and typical street prices are $2000-$2200 depending on who you buy from. The lowest I've seen them selling for was around $1800 when they first were introduced. They're worth paying $2200 for. The only scopes worh paying $3000 and up for are Kahles, NF ATACR, March, ZCO and Tangent Theta. The glass used on the Sightron SVIII looks like Tier1 quality like my March scopes.

Wow sounds like a more than decent scope for under $2000 when it's on sale. How's the durability? Do you have a Vortex Razor Gen 3 to compare it to?
It’s been durable for me. I’ve competed with it in 3 states so far with rain, snow, or sunshine. The 36x sure is nice for shooting groups at 100 or truing data at distance. The image quality remains crisp and bright.

Reactions: Scopeye
I love my Theos. I've owned TT, ZCO, Rz 2,NF, and all in between. The Theos truly holds its own with any of the fore mentioned. The glass is great, the turrets are really nice and firm. So far I have beat the crap out of it ( and dropped it and a rifle) and its held zero and still works perfect. I have had it on a 28 nosler down to a 22LR. I mainly shoot 22NRL/PRS matches at this point so it rides on my 22 but will be grabbing a few more soon for my other rifles. I've not had any buyers remorse with the Theos as I have had with other.

thumbnail_20230325_091117.jpg

thumbnail_20230325_091106.jpg

I love my Theos. I've owned TT, ZCO, Rz 2,NF, and all in between. The Theos truly holds its own with any of the fore mentioned. The glass is great, the turrets are really nice and firm. So far I have beat the crap out of it ( and dropped it and a rifle) and its held zero and still works perfect. I have had it on a 28 nosler down to a 22LR. I mainly shoot 22NRL/PRS matches at this point so it rides on my 22 but will be grabbing a few more soon for my other rifles. I've not had any buyers remorse with the Theos as I have had with other.

View attachment 8155898

You've done it now. I'm going to wait until the Theos goes on sale again for under $2000 and try one for myself or take advantage of their half price deal for posting a positive review.

Half price deal for writing a positive review??
Get in good with some dealers or the company itself and you might even get one for free especially if you are a YouTube reviewer or own an FX brand airgun.

View attachment 8155898

View attachment 8155899
The Element Theos is currently $2007.00 at DVOR.

Reactions: BigDaddy0381
The Element Theos is currently $2007.00 at DVOR.
So any actual head to head comparisons with Razor gen 3 ,both scopes seem to be built on same architecture by the same LOW Japan.

Oh damn....$2000 is pretty sick.
I have several of the Element Optics Theos soon inbound.

Just received my new Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 with APRS6 reticle and it's better than my older Cronus BTR in clarity and especially illumination and it's even a little clearer compared to my Tract Toric ELR on high magnification however the controls on the new Cronus is pretty stiff and sharp edges on the knobs remind me of high end Burris scopes that you can really cut your fingers on. The Tract Toric ELR is really impressively smooth functioning except for the illumination knob but the Athlon knobs and controls are super stiff and feels like a Chinese scope it's that stiff. The older one wasn't nearly half as stiff but it's one level below the new one in optical clarity with night and day worse illumination.

Also received couple more Midas Tacs and a Meopta Optika 6. Glass is pretty dang clear almost as clear as the new Cronus and clearer than the old Cronus for only a fraction of the cost.