• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Elevation adjustment on new Leupold VX5HD

KandAHalls

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2019
I just built a custom rifle with a Defiance Machine Deviant action set up for a .224 Valkyrie with a Bartlein Barrell. I put a Leupold VX 5HD scope on this rifle. Took it to the range for the 1st time today. I shot at 50yds, grouped but was high. I went ahead and shot at 100 yds. The bullet was hitting very high. I adjusted the elevation down on the scope. I took it down 24 clicks. I am at the lowest the scope will go and I am still hitting 6" high at 100yds. The action comes with an integral 20 MOA rail. I have Seekins low rings. I don't know if I have an issue with the scope or if the issue is related to the 20 MOA integral rail. Any suggestions for how to lower the point of impact?

As above, make sure you haven't just bottomed out the turret, rather than the whole adjustment range.

Reactions: Simonsza1
You need to loosen up the elevation turret to something higher (ie 6 mils or 20 moa) and then you’ll be able to dial down to whatever your zero is. Loosen up the turret again to reset to zero. Done.