• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eley Force case head separation

Gypsy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2017
My shooting partner has a call into Eley. Twice during rim fire matches Eley force has had two case head separation from a 10-22 based rifle. Both times shooter scored impacts at ranges of 160-180 yards even with a lot of discharge out the ejection port. Case head shears of case body. Body stays in the chamber easily pushed out with rod. Two different shooters different days, not sure what the lot number of the 1st shooter was. 1st shooter said he has had it happen on one or two other occasions. Both rifles functioned flawlessly before and after the pop. Temps were mid 90s if that maybe had an effect. My thoughts are out of spec round or a chamber ring on a round that is at max SAAMI length allowing the rifle not to go fully into battery. Or heat from the chamber along with the ambient temp pushing the pressure up on a round that is at the top of the spec. Both times shooter shot quick consecutive shots 6-7 before the rupture.
Live Eley rounds typically will not eject from Kidd barrels so about 90% of the time we need to take a clearing shot after the stage. I just took shipment on 1500 rounds. They are no longer have the black case, not sure why they made the change from black to brass. The two that separated had the black case. The force shoots like crazy out of 4 Kidd barrels in our group. Any ideas?

I've never had an issue with eley.

My only takeaway is why are you pushing live rounds out? You can't just shoot it into the berm to unload?