• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eliseo RTS Stock

Re: Eliseo RTS Stock

I have an RTS for the 22LR Anschutz. I also have a MAK for HP. Like the lines of the MAK better and love the fact that I can use AR buttstock accesories on the MAK. For example, I can use a standard light A2 buttstock with a sporter barrel for hunting and then switch back to other gear for comps.

There are legions of RTS fans, so you are in good company. Good luck with it.

Oh ya, the rail on my Eliseo for the Anschutz uses a Weaver style rail that does not accept Picatinny scope rings. Not sure if that applies to your RTS, but thought I'd mention it.

Hey WRM - I am on the waiting list for one of these....got any pics? I have been wanting to see what one of these looks like with a 5 and 10 round mag inserted...maybe even a scope and barreled action :)

I can't wait to get mine - I plan on doing a full review like I did with my Savage 10FP\PDC Custom stock combo....

-Rob

i want to build a tubbgun bad....but i dont know if it is suitable for tactical work. i have never even seen one in person.

is anybody using them in the tactical world?

bench

Got one of his spacegun buttstocks in route now. Looking over his tactical setup too. Gary is as good of a guy to deal with as the come.

Locally there are two 700 repeaters and two Annies. Neat setups.

Played with Gary's tactical rifle chasis with a Pierce action in 7 RUM and it was seriously sweet. Best part is that through Gary I believe you can get 10 round LA mags (double check this).

My next 308 will probably be on a LA and in this chasis.

Rich

Chris (rak187) just got his Pierce tubegun in 6.5 Creedmore in the RTS.

His takes the AI mags, and is completely bas ass. I keep pestering him to post pics, but hes to busy playing with it.

That exactly what I wanted to use the RTS for - a 6.5 Creedmoor! We so need some pics in this thread...

If you can hear us Chris....pretty please :)

-Rob

I do not have the RTS stock, I have the newer RTM stock the difference is the RTM is made to be a switch gun (Long action on short mag or switch out metal and have a magnum gun)I took some quick photo's I apologize for the quality, I'll be getting some better ones with a full review in the next couple of days. As Nick said this set up is pretty bad ass, I would like to thank Gary and John for helping me with this build, Gary was nothing but a pleasure to talk to and I learned a lot from him, John Pierce gave me a unique opportunity to build my own gun from start to finish, I learned a lot about the process that goes into building custom actions and gunsmithing in general. I believe I am one of the first to get the RTM stocks from Gary and all I can say is wow, I personally like the fit and feel of this stock. The recoil on this gun is almost nonexistent, as Nick says I'll be able to watch the show when shooting ground hogs lol. I also ordered the RTM .300/.338 bottom metal so this will truly be a all in one gun.

m4kittykat011.jpg

m4kittykat010.jpg

m4kittykat009.jpg

m4kittykat013.jpg

m4kittykat015.jpg

m4kittykat016.jpg

Looks really sweet - thanks for the pics! Looks like a manufacturing defect though - the bolt is on the wrong side ;-)

Love the 20mm round - I didn't know AI made mags for those ;-)

Really looking forward to reading your review.

Thanks again,
-Rob

Can you post a parts list for your build? I am also interested in doing a lefty Eliseo RTM build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rak187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
m4kittykat011.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rak187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm running a Jewell HVR with bottom safety, I repositioned the nub on the safety on the other side seeing I'm a backwards shooter.</div></div>

So did you order one with a right saftey and repositioned it? How is it with gloves on? I'm worried that I will hit the trigger while taking the saftey off with gloves on or with "buck
fever" aka, shakey hands, body, etc., etc.

Thanks,
P.B.Walsh

I have an R5 in 6.5mm CM, and I like it a lot. Took me a little bit to get it adjusted to my liking (and to get used to it), but now I prefer its ergonomics against the ones of the standard stocks.
Will probably follow an RTS somewhere this year.

sigma2chi,
Post some pics. I will definitely appreciate seeing some more tube gun pics.

First time posting pics so here goes:
_MG_4064.jpg

CSS RSR stock, Surgeon RSR action, Kreiger 20" fluted and threaded, NF 3.5-15x56 with NPR-1 Reticle, Jewel trigger, Versa-Pod w/ Raptor Claws. Still have to take it back apart to get it engraved and paint the gold stock green camo...

Incidentally I'm trying to get rid of the Versa for an Atlas