• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Elite Iron .375 First Impressions

300LW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2008
Brenham, Texas
After a 9 month wait I picked up my Elite Iron .375 silencer on Friday and took it to the range for the first time this afternoon to try out on my Desert Tech HTI in .375 Cheytac. I've only fired this gun on a few other occasions and the impression was moderate recoil but brutal muzzle blast. I fired it once without hearing protection (unintentionally) and my ears rang for a half hour.

This is my first large bore suppressor and I believed I had reasonable expectations. I thought it would be loud but with reduced muzzle blast to make it more pleasant to shoot. Well, I was in for a surprise. Since I survived a shot without earplugs I decided to try it without protection. Oh…My…God. This thing is awesome. Virtually no muzzle blast, the pitch was higher than I expected making me believe all I was hearing was the sonic crack. There was a mental disconnect because I was feeling recoil without any significant noise. It was about as loud as a 22 mag.

I don't have anything to really compare it to. It seems quieter than my 12" LWRC REPR (.308) with an AAC 762SD. All I can say is I'm extremely happy with its performance. I don't know if Elite Iron is any better than the competition but I have no regrets with my purchase.

BTW, this is not the same silencer Elite Iron shows on their website. It's a new design, 2" shorter (10") and a good bit lighter (don't remember the weight and don't have a scale).

Thanks for posting this up. I'm doing some research on a 375 can myself.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but what's the recoil impulse like ? Can you compare it to anything ? What material is this made out of ?

How about some pics of this beast ?

Without the distraction of the muzzle blast the recoil definitely stood out. It seemed to be a much longer stroke than I remember without the silencer, not particularly sharp, just long. Not sure if that makes sense.

I have no desire to ever shoot this rifle again without the silencer, it really makes a world of difference. Waiting on my 4.5-27 Razor before doing more extensive testing.

What is the attachment mechanism? Direct Thread or their brake attach one? and do you know what the threads are on the HTI 375 barrel? I'm looking at getting one of these soon....

I want a video! I'm really wanting to get a F4 going and get the rifle going.

What is the attachment mechanism? Direct Thread or their brake attach one? and do you know what the threads are on the HTI 375 barrel? I'm looking at getting one of these soon....

Direct thread. I don't remember the thread pitch but EI knows what it is. They sent an indexing gauge to supposedly ensure that any POI shift is vertical only, and the EI logo is top dead center.

Last edited:
Direct thread. I don't remember the thread pitch but EI knows what it is. They sent an indexing gauge to supposedly ensure that any POI shift is vertical only, and the EI logo is top dead center.

Nice. Thanks for this information. I just talked to Dale at EI. They're working on a soon to be released 375 suppressor that will thread over the native HTI brake. The problem with their SD mount is that you have to have the flange machined off your HTI barrel to fit the SD mount. So in my mind, that's out. Which leaves me with the direct thread like you have versus waiting for the one that threads over the HTI brake. I just need to get it rolling before the trust rules change!

How's the EI suppressor cover? Well made? Can it be easily slid back onto the barrel to allow the can to cool, then easily slid back on? Does it stay where it's supposed to?

That's a TAB Gear cover and yes, it slides back easily over the barrel. It's the one that goes over the suppressor from the rear and so far it's stayed put.