• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Elite Iron Ruger Mk II pistol.....

Am180man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Missouri
Got my Ruger Mk II back from Elite Iron. Started out as a slab side target model. Now it's an integrally suppressed thing of beauty! Dale and Kathy are great folks to deal with. I have 2 other cans in transfer and will be purchasing one of the Bravo cans for my FN SPR. Pistol is extremely quiet and accurate! One ragged hole @25 yds with Aguila Super Extra. I love the look of the matte stainless finish with the laminated grips.
Steve

P1140273.jpg

Re: Elite Iron Ruger Mk II pistol.....

+1 for Elite Iron. Freakin' sweet Mark II, Steve.

Dale is a cool dude too.

Nice looking pistol. Did he make it user servicable? I do not see a joint between can and receiver. Sand blasted Rugers look nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking pistol. Did he make it user servicable? I do not see a joint between can and receiver. Sand blasted Rugers look nice. </div></div>

Yes, they are user servicable. so are his threaded rimfire cans.

I'll be heading up there for another one of his cans next month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking pistol. Did he make it user servicable? I do not see a joint between can and receiver. Sand blasted Rugers look nice. </div></div>

You won't see a joint between the tube and receiver....it's that tight. The end cap comes off and the baffle stack removes for cleaning.
Steve

Any chance of getting photos of the baffel stack???
Inquiring minds want to see.
Thanks
James

I have found that unless you can clean the blast chambers on the integrals, you will have trouble. The baffles are not that important as they can take on alot of crud before sound suffers.

I think this is why AWC offers a cleaning service to theirs as it is a sealed unit.

Elite Iron will clean too using a a Joffre (I believe) steam cleaning system. He also recommend an organic based lube to lightly spray in before firing. States that the fouling pretty much wipes off with minimal effort.
Steve

Hello Steve, I am a new member to the board. I was wondering if you could give me some info on your MkII. I have a Mk II target and would like to add the finish to it that you have on yours. Was it originally stainless? Is it bead/sand blasted? If so, how far did you have it disassembled for the blasting? Cost for the blasting? And what brand/type grip is that? I am very interested in purchasing one like yours or giving my current MkII the same treatment. I live in Iowa so the suppressor is illegal here, so that is not possible for me but any details on the finish and grip you can give would be appreciated. Thanks alot!

PM sent....original stainless, other questions answered in PM.
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Am180man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking pistol. Did he make it user servicable? I do not see a joint between can and receiver. Sand blasted Rugers look nice. </div></div>

You won't see a joint between the tube and receiver....it's that tight. The end cap comes off and the baffle stack removes for cleaning.
Steve </div></div>

Isn't that the stock barrel with the bore turned out to a shell to act as the external wall of the can? I see the seam at the baffle stack, and with my experience making chips I know how you can hide a seam on mating cylinders but over time the seam will show up as the pistol is fired from the minute flexture of the barrel.

I've seen both methods, but I've never seen a version where the seam doesn't start to show after a few thousand rounds

bohem Isn't that the stock barrel with the bore turned out to a shell to act as the external wall of the can? I see the seam at the baffle stack said:
The outer tube extends over the receiver, the original barrel was turned down and shortened probably to about 4".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrhtx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of getting photos of the baffel stack???
Inquiring minds want to see.
Thanks
James </div></div>

Not from me.