• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Elk hunting in the age of the "Rona"

Rthur

Philomath
Minuteman
  • Apr 16, 2010
    Not Chicago, Illinios
    As I see states requiring quarantines for out of state visitors
    what are your thoughts on how this will effect hunting this fall?
    I'd be interested in thoughts and concerns that you may think will arrise.

R

Last edited:
    I plan on being quarantined at my tent. Although some Colorado counties closed to non-residents early on in the quarantine. One was the county I elk hunt in. I am hoping they don't do it again.

Reactions: idahoorion
    New Mexico has gone full blown retard. No government entity is pushing for normalcy. Restrictions are only getting more unconstitutional. People are begging for it. Hopefully this will be squashed by then, but with the trajectory we are on, by the time Oct, Nov roll around. Taking our vacations to go hunting, may be the least of our worries.

Reactions: aljones_315
    So, law versus reality...

In Montana we have had a quarantine since early Covid. Fishing and camping spots are filthy with out of staters. I guess that is their definition of quarantine. Hunting will be different because you need a tag, but at least here, unless they are restricting licenses, like the did with turkey, nobody gives even half a shit about quarantines.

That said, stay the fuck away. There are no elk for you.

Have a bud In Boise that I had considered a flyfishing trip with.
    Had heard that the state wasn't issuing out of state licenses at that time.

R

So, law versus reality...

In Montana we have had a quarantine since early Covid. Fishing and camping spots are filthy with out of staters. I guess that is their definition of quarantine. Hunting will be different because you need a tag, but at least here, unless they are restricting licenses, like the did with turkey, nobody gives even half a shit about quarantines.

That said, stay the fuck away. There are no elk for you.
    Who is you?

R

Reactions: 65x55guy
    Have a bud In Boise that I had considered a flyfishing trip with.
    Had heard that the state wasn't issuing out of state licenses at that time.

R
    I think that opened back up you should check, I also think we are sold out on non res elk tags. check on that with the same phone call.
    good luck to ya
    idahoorion

How the HELL are they going to enforce quarantine? They aren't.

States are just not issuing out of state licenses, worst case I guess they could refund your $ and cancel your license. NB did not issue NR for Turkey.. Who knows what crazy shit awaits.

-792191831.jpg

got my nr idaho tag and will be hunting with two residents. If asked i have done what ever dumb fucking thing might be in place. How are they going to verify any 14 day bull shit have the gestapo sit outside your door and count the days. I cant think of a better place to be than 8 miles in the back country. For the pussies that are but when you get gas dont worry i will wear a full body condom and you will be safe to keep slurping your big gulp with your mask around your double chin. Fuck maybe i will break out the mop level 5

I have a hunt in October in New Mexico and I hope this doesn't impact that.
    as a native New Mexican i defiantly agree this cookey bitch in santa fe needs to go way of the dodo bird.
    if your driving here should be fine as long as you arent trying to camp in a state park. i still see texas and oklahoma plates on the regular and no one is chasing them around to quarantine. if you are flying i dont know how that will pan out

Reactions: SingleShot85
    Just got a call my outfitter has canceled all NM hunt on the basis he believes the restrictions are too difficult to comply with. Which is odd as I have spoke with 4 different agencies around NM and have gotten clear and easy to follow instructions on how to hunt safe with the number 1 rule of don’t cause trouble and there won’t be trouble and thy think the Governor is full of shit and no one wants to enforced her dicked off executive order. I’m beyond pissed as it’s too late to find a guide w some fucking balls and there is the whole “ we will apply your deposit to a hunt next year pitch”

• Wow
    Just got a call my outfitter has canceled all NM hunt on the basis he believes the restrictions are too difficult to comply with. Which is odd as I have spoke with 4 different agencies around NM and have gotten clear and easy to follow instructions on how to hunt safe with the number 1 rule of don’t cause trouble and there won’t be trouble and thy think the Governor is full of shit and no one wants to enforced her dicked off executive order. I’m beyond pissed as it’s too late to find a guide w some fucking balls and there is the whole “ we will apply your deposit to a hunt next year pitch”
    do you have a public land tag or is it private land?

Shit I don’t have any tag now🤢 but is was a private land tag. Our guide is from TX and was crying that he would lose his outfitters license if broke the rules or some damn shit. We had a group of 5 guys from San Antonio ready to roll second rifle season. The hunt was to be just north west of Capulin volcano area

• Wow