• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elk hunts for long range equipment

What gear do you need? Are we hunting public or private land? Do you have a website or referrals?

I am not a guide. My family has 10000 acres. We have elk come in, in the fall, and destroy fields and fences. Also got ground squirrels. Just looking for sig 2400 and a nightforce atacr 7-32 or 5-25 scope nightforce spotting scope ts-82 I love shooting bad ass guns I don’t got one but optics are the most expensive part of long range hunting and shooting. I am not a spoiled rich kid. If I was I would keep all the elk to my self and get my mom buy me everything. I am 23 and me and my mom run this Ranch. We have way to many coyotes and they are eating our lifestock and I need a long range rifle to kill them out there around 800 yards. Just out here trying to feed the world while living my dream! You don’t have to give me anything to come hunt.

Reactions: aljones_315
You might do better to offer some coyote hunting opportunities, especially when the elk have migrated out.... I don't have a sig or NF, but have a brand new Tikka TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor, PM me some details on the hunting if you are interested..

I am not a guide. My family has 10000 acres. We have elk come in, in the fall, and destroy fields and fences. Also got ground squirrels. Just looking for sig 2400 and a nightforce atacr 7-32 or 5-25 scope nightforce spotting scope ts-82 I love shooting bad ass guns I don’t got one but optics are the most expensive part of long range hunting and shooting. I am not a spoiled rich kid. If I was I would keep all the elk to my self and get my mom buy me everything. I am 23 and me and my mom run this Ranch. We have way to many coyotes and they are eating our lifestock and I need a long range rifle to kill them out there around 800 yards. Just out here trying to feed the world while living my dream! You don’t have to give me anything to come hunt.
You may not realize this at the time, I didnt either growing up until my family sold it, but you are living a dream being able to have access to 10k acres! I had access to 1k and didn’t realize how fortunate I was until it was gone. You don’t have to be rich to be happy and I hope you find all the gear your looking for.
Good luck and happy shooting

You may not realize this at the time, I didnt either growing up until my family sold it, but you are living a dream being able to have access to 10k acres! I had access to 1k and didn’t realize how fortunate I was until it was gone. You don’t have to be rich to be happy and I hope you find all the gear your looking for.
Good luck and happy shooting
Well said, and very true!

Reactions: tree man
1547275564196.png
1547275617643.png

That's quite a wish list....and I'm hoping I don't offend you, but if you're on a budget so to speak, you can get plenty
of gear that does almost the same caliber and quality of performance as this for a whole lot less money. I often shy
away from some top tier gear because of a fear of getting that first scratch or damaging such an expensive item that
I don't have anything left in my toy fund to repair it. You can definitely find used gear here on the hide, the Kilo 2400
has had some $750 sellers lately for example. So do a little research here, and I'm sure you'll be setup by the end
of this year.

I totally understand But it’s a investment if I can kill ten more coyotes that kill hundreds of lambs and calves. And i don’t know if u know this but I need every one alive and if each lamb is worth $150 and every calf 750. Then it don’t take much to get that payed off. I have seen where bears wolves cougars coyotes take sheep men out of business. So ya I got a big wish list. And I am going to beat the shit out of this gun and optics so y not get the best I have watched a nightforce scope get stepped on by a horse and was fine. Still zeroed

Reactions: rjjahner
That's my point... a jeep costs less than a Ferrari, and does a great job when it's nasty... Learning to shoot well in a variety of positions and settings
is going to be more important than the difference in a $3000 spotting scope setup and a $1000 spotting scope setup. Plus you are going to find that the weight of some of that gear is going to be a factor when you a humping it around on 10k acres. What works in PRS doesn't necessarily shine in the field.
I don't know if you've ever tried to find a target in field conditions at 35x, but it's a bitch... you might find that a 4-16x is a better choice, and maybe you save enough on the spotter and scope to get an entry level night vision device and then maybe a silencer... now you are more effective at night when your predators are more active... a lot of this is going to matter on what cartridge you plan to shoot also...

Come kill elk and coyotes and we can exsperiment with all the great gear out there. My night vision scope doesn’t go far enough with out a full moon. I want a 6.5 prc. Cuz I can buy bullets that will hit 1000 targets but I can also reload and push farther after practice.

Reactions: PowPowHawg
If at all interested contact me I don’t got service but I will get back to you! the hide is hard to work with. My cell number is 5412631866 text me ur name and I will start organizing some times

I bet you’d kill a lot more coyotes if you started today with a mid range optic and gear being offered than if you waited 2-3 months trying to be picky about the best. Then take more gear on trade in the future, and you can turn that into top of the line gear while still getting work done right now.

Contact a local trapper for the coyotes. Riding around and or setting up calling is a very good tactic but a trap or body restraint (snare) is out there 24/7 rain or shine night or day. If I was closer or it was near the fall I would work out a trap for hunt trade with you. I have trapped several hundred coyotes and killed quite a few with a rifle/shotgun. I have a tremendous amount of trapping equipment.
If you need help locating a trapper let me know as I have contacts all over.
If it wasn’t winter I would love the opportunity to show you how effective I am.

Sheep men get everyone and there dog killing coyotes. Hell they flew yesterday on our ranch in Pendleton and killed only 9 on our property. we got guard dogs that only eat coyotes. Trust me the next step is a long Ranch rifle. If not prove me wrong