• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Elon musk. Mastermind!

Somebody like him can get change to happen no matter what. If he's not on the board, so what. He can sent out one message and marshall thousands or tens of thousands of investors. All they need is 50.1% of the shareholders to agree and he can actually have total control, not just a little bit of control.

Being on the board of directors at this, or any corporation is not really an actual position of power. If someone told you that they were on the board of directors at the NRA what could they actually do to influence change? Nothing. Not alone at least.

Same thing is true for ANY corporation including Twitter.

0168824deb52cfb8a5319b189f057af9.jpg

from what i understand he would only have 14.5% of the shares.

most "hostile takeovers" are usually around 22-24% of total shares, then the remaining shares are so watered down its irrelevant.

once on the board he will not be able to get to that qty

im not a musk fan at all because the way he runs telsa and its fake marketing but hes a smart guy

this is only the first step

from what i understand he would only have 14.5% of the shares.

most "hostile takeovers" are usually around 22-24% of total shares, then the remaining shares are so watered down its irrelevant.

once on the board he will not be able to get to that qty

im not a musk fan at all because the way he runs telsa and its fake marketing but hes a smart guy

this is only the first step
He doesn't need to do any of that. Not one bit. All he needs to do is organize shareholders. That's it.

With that one action he can control every seat on the board of directors and remove and replace anyone he sees fit, and he can control the CEO's spot and remove and replace any employee or group of employees that he sees fit.

It's like the old story about an old man riding a cart and buggy with a young boy by his side. As they rode along the older man saw a moth so he took his whip and cracked him dead. Amused by this, the young boy encouraged him to do it again. A mile down the road there was a horse fly that got it range. Same results. By this time the young boy was giddy with excitement. As they drove near and old tree they saw a hornet so the boy encouraged him to do it again.

The old man declined stating 'That wouldn't be wise young man. That one has a whole organization behind him'.

Reactions: lash
Don't think this is not factored into what he is wanting to do.

Just like Tesla, I could totally see him getting the backing to take over Twitter. Most people didn't know that he didn't start Tesla.

Being on the board will restrict him on what he can or can't say. He is actually very big on the 1st Amendment rights.

Reactions: lash
Elon can accumulate more shares, and appointment whoever he wants to the Board. Maybe he'll appoint DJT ?

• Haha
Reactions: lash and BLEE
He doesn't need to do any of that. Not one bit. All he needs to do is organize shareholders. That's it.

With that one action he can control every seat on the board of directors and remove and replace anyone he sees fit, and he can control the CEO's spot and remove and replace any employee or group of employees that he sees fit.

It's like the old story about an old man riding a cart and buggy with a young boy by his side. As they rode along the older man saw a moth so he took his whip and cracked him dead. Amused by this, the young boy encouraged him to do it again. A mile down the road there was a horse fly that got it range. Same results. By this time the young boy was giddy with excitement. As they drove near and old tree they saw a hornet so the boy encouraged him to do it again.

The old man declined stating 'That wouldn't be wise young man. That one has a whole organization behind him'.

thats not really the way it works

just because you own 1 share of GE stock and you get another 10,000 1 share holders to "think the same" you dont count

in theory you have 10,000 shares to vote a certain was but they type of share you own is important

and only the top owners really have a say when it gets down to it

GE doesnt send you nor are you privy to earnings reports like a top/higher percentage share holder is

you own 1 share of telsa and call up saying you want your vote to be heard..they hang up

thats not really the way it works

just because you own 1 share of GE stock and you get another 10,000 1 share holders to "think the same" you dont count

in theory you have 10,000 shares to vote a certain was but they type of share you own is important

and only the top owners really have a say when it gets down to it

GE doesnt send you nor are you privy to earnings reports like a top/higher percentage share holder is

you own 1 share of telsa and call up saying you want your vote to be heard..they hang up
I don't know what your smoking but you need to put that stuff down.

Literally every sentence you wrote is wrong with the exception that there are more than one type of shares in some companies. Those shares exist, but not in Twitter.

Oct. 3, 2013 12 AM PT

SAN FRANCISCO -- As Twitter made public its stealth filing for an initial public offering, it parted with some of its Silicon Valley brethren by saying it would only issue one class of shares, meaning it plans to give all shareholders a vote.

I don't know what your smoking but you need to put that stuff down.

Literally every sentence you wrote is wrong with the exception that there are more than one type of shares in some companies. Those shares exist, but not in Twitter.

Oct. 3, 2013 12 AM PT

SAN FRANCISCO -- As Twitter made public its stealth filing for an initial public offering, it parted with some of its Silicon Valley brethren by saying it would only issue one class of shares, meaning it plans to give all shareholders a vote.

ok, if true i stand corrected on twitter having multiple types of stock

Somebody like him can get change to happen no matter what. If he's not on the board, so what. He can sent out one message and marshall thousands or tens of thousands of investors. All they need is 50.1% of the shareholders to agree and he can actually have total control, not just a little bit of control.

Being on the board of directors at this, or any corporation is not really an actual position of power. If someone told you that they were on the board of directors at the NRA what could they actually do to influence change? Nothing. Not alone at least.

Same thing is true for ANY corporation including Twitter.
I was hoping he was going to pull a Carl Icahn move and turn Twitter upside down.

He might be able to force change with his influence. He’d definitely be able to force change with a massive position in common shares.

Reactions: BLEE
I was hoping he was going to pull a Carl Icahn move and turn Twitter upside down.

He might be able to force change with his influence. He’d definitely be able to force change with a massive position in common shares.
As I said above, Musk and his ability to empower (or create) disciples, is the key thing here. It's very unlikely that he's going to put $20 billion dollars of his own into one company. That said he doesn't need to do that. He can create a website or start a small private organization of Twitter shareholders and just constantly keep on trying to expand the ranks of that. They could have a monthly newsletter and everything. If he gets enough support he can wipe all those others out.

My point being he doesn't have to physically own 51% of shares to win. He could have a million Trump voters that buy shares just for the point of Fk'ing the management over (including Jack Dorsey).

In reality he probably doesn't even need 51%. There are always a bunch of people that fail to cast votes (as shareholders). All he needs is a majority of the ones that vote to agree with him.

If he joins the board he can’t buy shares. He made the best decision to the almighty $$
If he joined the board, Twitter (I hate even writing that word) levied the requirement that he could not own more than 14.9% of the company's stock. IMO, this was an attempt to prevent Musk from exercising more control over the company.

I don't know Musk (obviously) but his decision to decline under the set conditions may well mean that he intends to buy more shares and exercise more influence on Twitter than the woke assholes in Silicon Valley want.

Reactions: lash and BLEE
Elon’s hidden agenda is to influence twitter to control the “court of public opinion” Narrative of JOHN C DEPP, II v. AMBER LAURA HEARD. The “free speech” story is just a smokescreen. Never underestimate the power of pussy!

• Haha
Reactions: plong
I'm looking forward to finding out how much he owns. I bet a lot more than 9.2%
Once you file a 13D you have to file every time your ownership changes more than 1%. There are ways to skirt that, but Musk doesn't really benefit by doing so.

since he did this the libs are going crazy saying all big tech must be broken up. They are scared

Once you file a 13D you have to file every time your ownership changes more than 1%. There are ways to skirt that, but Musk doesn't really benefit by doing so.
But how soon? That information takes time to matriculate to the public.

You sure? I thought 45
Ten days to file the original, two days to amend. Forty five days is a 13G, but I am pretty sure he filed a 13D.

ETA: these forms are a huge pain in the ass, and they limit what you can do, so the only reason anybody ever files one is if 1) they are a huge asset manager like Fidelity or Vanguard who ends up with 5% ownership in everything, or 2) you want to make a statement or put pressure on a company. It's not just normal everyday shit for investors or even normal sized funds.

Reactions: Eli17L
I'm telling you, its not him you need to watch with buying the majority of shares. It's people he knows/has buying shares quietly that will then add up to 50%+ at some point that is key.

He wanted them to show their cards. They showed them and he would gain literally nothing from sitting on that board where as the largest single shareholder would be outvoted by the coalition of faggots on literally everything.

I'm telling you, its not him you need to watch with buying the majority of shares. It's people he knows/has buying shares quietly that will then add up to 50%+ at some point that is key.

He wanted them to show their cards. They showed them and he would gain literally nothing from sitting on that board where as the largest single shareholder would be outvoted by the coalition of faggots on literally everything.
This is, of course, bullshit. Institutional ownership of twitter is 77% of shares outstanding, so nobody is going to be buying 50%+ of the shares. That doesn't mean he has no options, but it does mean that he and his friends aren't quietly buying a majority stake.

.. as expected, he offers to buy them out and take it private, or he'll just sell his shares.

Yup just saw that too. Hostile takeover coming because the shareholders aren’t gonna pass that one up. They’re trading just over $48 a share this morning

Attachments

• 51B8AA15-8E62-4639-AFFC-2EF4ACBA2A1C.png
    51B8AA15-8E62-4639-AFFC-2EF4ACBA2A1C.png
    594.7 KB · Views: 37
He didn't offer enough for a done deal this will be fun to watch.
But if he sells his 9.1% then the price falls....
He does know how to play the game.

As much as I know it’s not popular , I’m waiting to hear from @Choid . He does see to have some insight on these things. That or he’s a Theis of finances.

The real question is what violations will Twitter start to have from .gov if they start allowing the free speech Elon wants? IOW, if they don't comply in pushing the "narrative of the day". Im sure there is some hate speech law that every social media outlet has or easily can run afoul of.

As much as I know it’s not popular , I’m waiting to hear from @Choid . He does see to have some insight on these things. That or he’s a Theis of finances.
Lol, well I have never asked anybody here for any money, so not Theis.

This really isn't my part of finance. I've always invested money for people, never worked as a banker, but my guess is that the board right now is doing everything it can to make sure big institutions don't want to take the tender. A huge percentage of Twitter stock is owned by institutions, not individuals, so there isn't really any convincing of the public that matters. One big investor, the Saudi Prince, has already rejected the offer, which isn't a great sign.

My guess is that if it looks like institutions want to take it, Twitter will then look for an alternate buyer to try to drive up the price. The problem is that Twitter is a pretty shitty company, by all rights. I think Goldman has a sell price on it of $30 or so. On the other hand, the stock has been higher than his offer, and they will try to make that argument as well. It really just comes down to how many of the big holders are willing to sell out their stakes at the offered price. They are all responsible to their investors and shareholders as well, and this is high profile, so they don't really want to hear about it when they said no and Twitter hits $20.

The culture war part of it is a total wildcard. I personally detest the level of asymmetric moderation Twitter employs, but I am not in charge. That said, I also do not think they, or anybody else, is responsible for providing a completely free speech platform, and know that there are massive reputational risks for businesses that allow some kinds of garbage content, particularly ugly race stuff, to show up on their site. I know I wouldn't allow it, but neither would I do what Twitter does. There seems to be a real culture of censorship in the Valley these days, unlike when I grew up there, and there may be people willing to pay to keep Twitter garbage. But it is a LOT of money, and not many people have that kind of money.

So I guess the finance stuff is easier than the culture war stuff, which is really tough to know.