• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR - 3+ rifles best in the world

dave1894

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2007
IRAQ
Just for shits and giggles and to eat some popcorn with; list what you think are the 5 best ELR systems out there are all from different countries. Try and leave anything bigger than 50 caliber sizes out of it, with range and accuracy and over all ability being most important.

<span style="color: #CC0000">ONLY MY OPINION</span>

In no particular order:

-DT HTI (<span style="color: #FF0000">U</span><span style="color: #FFFFFF">S</span><span style="color: #3333FF">A</span>)
-PGW PGWT C14 LRSWS(CAN)
-The DSR-1 (GER)
-Nemesis OM (CH)
-Lobaev SBL (RU)

Bring some more!
Lw

Re: ELR - 3+ rifles best in the world

Lonewolf, may I ask how do you choose your top five?

Do you have extensive personal experience (or heard first hand reviews from knowleadgeable users) with all of them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lonewolf, may I ask how do you choose your top five?

Do you have extensive personal experience (or heard first hand reviews from knowleadgeable users) with all of them?
</div></div>

TF; please tell me what "knowleadgeable" means first...

And have I shot all of these? No; only the M82A3. Does anyone here have extensive first hand experience with shooting all of these? Extremely doubftul.

Just trying to kill time here in Iraq TF. Is that ok?

Thanks for the heads up,
Lw

Lonewolf&#8207 Just trying to kill time here in Iraq TF. Is that ok? [/quote said:
OK by me
smile.gif

Well here goes my opinion and comments
smile.gif

1. Desert Tactical Arms "HTI"

First Pic is in 375 setup
iPhone05-06072.jpg

Second Pic is in 50BMG setup
SHOTSHOW334.jpg

Reason it is my #1 pick:
I can change between the BMG which is all around best man portable "Hard Target Interdiction" caliber and the 375/408 which is the ballistic king and super accurate at "Extreme Long Range" distances. So instead of having to build 2 complete different rifles I can just change barrel, bolt and mag
smile.gif

Between the 50BMG and the 375/408 systems there is no target that cannot be taken care of. Whether it be HTI or ELR type of target.
OAL weapon length is 44" and weight with 5-22x NXS is 21lb.

#2 Custom Built 375/408

Top Rifle is 375/408, middle rifle is 408, and bottom is custom 300WM
1219270631.jpg

Lawton 8000 Series action
McRee Precision Modular Stock
Lawton 29" 11.5 twist with Lawton brake
Reason it is my #2 pick:
That action is great and has all the features needed for ELR build. That stock requires no bedding and no bottom metal as well as being completely adjustable and modular.
That barrel has the correct rifling profile to run the 350gr Jamison (LRBT design) solids.
Weight is 17lbs without optics

#3 McMillan Tac50 (Canadian or USA Civilian Version)

Do not like the USN version due to it has the magazine pinned and has rod running from recoil lug thru forearm of stock. Lots of cracked stocks being seen at Crane.

McMillan Action
McRees Precision Stock
Lilja Barrel built to run the 800-900gr solids.

Nice pictures Lc. I have seen you post those before somewhere before. I want! Really interested in knowing how much your going to price that DTA HTI for.

PM comming your way,
Lw

Damn dude, you're resurrecting old threads left and right!

My contribution:
-BAT Model M action
-32" Krieger ALLEN32 contour, .375 Allen Mag, installed by Kirby Allen
-Single shot XLR Industries stock
-RND bipod
-US Optics SN3 5-25
-Base with a bunch of elevation
-Near Alpha Mount
-Thunderbeast Arms titanium .375 suppressor

Someday....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well here goes my opinion and comments
smile.gif

1. Desert Tactical Arms "HTI"

First Pic is in 375 setup
iPhone05-06072.jpg

Second Pic is in 50BMG setup
SHOTSHOW334.jpg

Reason it is my #1 pick:
I can change between the BMG which is all around best man portable "Hard Target Interdiction" caliber and the 375/408 which is the ballistic king and super accurate at "Extreme Long Range" distances. So instead of having to build 2 complete different rifles I can just change barrel, bolt and mag
smile.gif

Between the 50BMG and the 375/408 systems there is no target that cannot be taken care of. Whether it be HTI or ELR type of target.
OAL weapon length is 44" and weight with 5-22x NXS is 21lb.

#2 Custom Built 375/408

Top Rifle is 375/408, middle rifle is 408, and bottom is custom 300WM
1219270631.jpg

Lawton 8000 Series action
McRee Precision Modular Stock
Lawton 29" 11.5 twist with Lawton brake
Reason it is my #2 pick:
That action is great and has all the features needed for ELR build. That stock requires no bedding and no bottom metal as well as being completely adjustable and modular.
That barrel has the correct rifling profile to run the 350gr Jamison (LRBT design) solids.
Weight is 17lbs without optics

#3 McMillan Tac50 (Canadian or USA Civilian Version)

Do not like the USN version due to it has the magazine pinned and has rod running from recoil lug thru forearm of stock. Lots of cracked stocks being seen at Crane.

McMillan Action
McRees Precision Stock
Lilja Barrel built to run the 800-900gr solids.

</div></div>

Awesome sticks....

I own an HS Precision .300 win mag. target rifle and know what 1,000 yard accuracy is, and even 1,200 yd. accuracy but once I shot my friend's DTA .338 Lapua I was amazed at the inherent accuracy (handloaded 300 gr. W/ Lapua cases). I've never shot any other big caliber ELR rifle but based on what I saw I'll take the DTA SRS in .338 Lapua. (But I wouldn't turn down a .375 Chey Tac. version of the DTA.)

That said an AI in .338 is very accurate and the Sako TRG is no slouch.

**What I wonder is who has the best barrel treatment for long life in these big calibers. We're talking chrome lined bores & throats,cryo treated barrels and maybe some special ultra hard coating as well (beyond chrome). All magnum calibers see throat erosion much earlier than say a .308 will, even in a stainless barrel -don't ask. Throat erosion = more bullet jump to the lands and less accuracy.

Litehiker,

"What I wonder is who has the best barrel treatment..."...

At present, barrel design/materials is the second most neglected area of small arms development. You will see dramatic progress very soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TiroFijo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lonewolf&#8207 Just trying to kill time here in Iraq TF. Is that ok? </div></div> OK by me [img said:
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Ok here also....

Those are some really serious pieces of equipment.First I've heard /seen of these.Just as an afterthought, what is cost per round on this weapon ?

Does the DTA 50BMG have a tight match chamber or will it accept resized pulled bullets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys don't know shit. This is what you need
</div></div>

I'll play...

230MOA_M4.jpg

Dogtown I was actually thinking a while ago it would be best if someone put the SN9 on a shorty ar hahaha!! Greatness!

1) AWM .338 (all-around)
2) DTA HTI 375
3) TAC 50 Cdn. (Yes I have, And: Ouch!)