• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR Course at Gunsite

Re: ELR Course at Gunsite

I'm looking to load up a new batch of ammo for this coming class.

I've always shot 250 scenars (pushed at 2900 fps). I know a lot of guys here like 300 grainers.

What did those of you in the class use? What kind of velocity did you get when you ran it through the chrony in class?

I looked up Frank's 285 Hornady BTHP Factory round: 0.7 BC at 2750 would be worth trying.

I used a 300 Scenar at 2715 fps average. .785 BC. Worked fantastic out to 2000 meters (at which point it was transonic.)

Cory... I would be down with the April 2013 course. I have a friend that would possibly be interested as well.

I was shooting 338 LM with 250 scenars at 3030 fps. AX with 27 inch barrel. Did great out to 2200.

I've already got 4 people registered for the April course, with more stating an interest. I'd call the office and get registered ASAP before the class fills up.

Guys, I took it a year or two ago and this is a very, very good class. You will learn a lot and you won't regret the trip, except that you'll wish it was a week long instead of only a few days.

Speaking of which, for those of us who have to travel from the other side of the country, how about a week instead of only a few days....

We can do a class as many days as you like. We do custom classes all the time, tell me what you want, how many days and we'll give you a quote. If you get a group together, we can do most anything you like.

Damn....wish I could have made it to that one....... but I couldn't. I was acquiring the necessary equipment. DTA 338, 5-25 PH scope, Thunderbeast can. I'm about to get a Terrapin and I really want to take the next class I can. It will probably be the fall class for me though. I'm tied up for the next 3 or 4 months. But it gives me time to get used to my equipment I guess. At least out to 1000.