• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR group in interior Alaska.......

Chandalar

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
North Pole Alaska
Hoping to find others and develop a group that are in to the ELR game that live in interior AK, If you would also like to meet up , discuss, shoot-spot for ELR when its convenient and safe, and once the covid subsides and weather allows, please message me and we'll try to get a group together.

CBlack, I’m not sure what you mean by your post? I don’t know a Glenn. Are you referring to Glennallen AK?

No sorry. My son watches the show Life Below Zero about people who live in AK. There is a guy named Glenn Villenue who spends winters around Chandalar.

They shoot ELR At Hatchers Pass,

Get with Jimmi D up there, Luke, etc, they shoot ELR in that location, guys are doing a lot of 33XC 37XC up there.

Not sure the area you are talking about but Hatchers is about 2 hours north of Anchorage, Willow area

Reactions: TankFrank
Here this area,

106541105_10219325170654917_314201240870882946_o.jpg

Hoping to find others and develop a group that are in to the ELR game that live in interior AK, If you would also like to meet up , discuss, shoot-spot for ELR when its convenient and safe, and once the covid subsides and weather allows, please message me and we'll try to get a group together.
@Chandalar, I just moved up here. I'm in Fairbanks and still on my 14 day quarantine. That's how new I am to the area. I am very interested in finding a group of shooters as well. Maybe when I get settled in at work and home we can meet sometime down the road. I'm definitely following this thread. I was going to start one and luckily ran into yours.

Carlos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Southern180
@Chandalar, I just moved up here. I'm in Fairbanks and still on my 14 day quarantine. That's how new I am to the area. I am very interested in finding a group of shooters as well. Maybe when I get settled in at work and home we can meet sometime down the road. I'm definitely following this thread. I was going to start one and luckily ran into yours.

Carlos.
Sounds good Carlos!

@Alaskashooter is up in Fairbanks, shoots ELR, and can get you connected into the right people and places.
I miss shooting up there, having areas out to a mile was a dream, and more is there if you put in some work.

Is anyone following "Alaska Precision Rifle" on FB? There is a recent post about possibly meeting up and shooting off the Steese Highway in the summer and fall. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you out there if this does happen.

Reactions: slowlearner
Is anyone following "Alaska Precision Rifle" on FB? There is a recent post about possibly meeting up and shooting off the Steese Highway in the summer and fall. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you out there if this does happen.
I know Jason is on here, but I forgot his name on the forum. An outstanding gentleman who truly loves long range shooting, and sharing it with others as well.

Ya I’m in that fb group. Send me a message let’s link up. I just got a two mile target cut actually that I’m going to be setting up this spring

I'll chime in here, Thanks for the plug Lowlight. If you guys contact Ryan from Bowman Arms, he's really been the driving force for ELR for the interior of Alaska. Anyone wanting to shoot ELR in South Central AK or The Peninsula, I can give a couple options near Turnagain Pass & 1 on the Kenai near Caribou Hills. Unfortunately the place on Hatchers was compromised in the same manner as Ryan had on Murphy Dome.

I'll chime in here, Thanks for the plug Lowlight. If you guys contact Ryan from Bowman Arms, he's really been the driving force for ELR for the interior of Alaska. Anyone wanting to shoot ELR in South Central AK or The Peninsula, I can give a couple options near Turnagain Pass & 1 on the Kenai near Caribou Hills. Unfortunately the place on Hatchers was compromised in the same manner as Ryan had on Murphy Dome.
I can also be contacted on here. Murphy is slightly compromised as my targets went away but if we wanted to shoot out there we could still go there, just gotta pack the steal in and out. I’ve possibly found a new spot though will see what happens this spring as far as access goes.

I can also be contacted on here. Murphy is slightly compromised as my targets went away but if we wanted to shoot out there we could still go there, just gotta pack the steal in and out. I’ve possibly found a new spot though will see what happens this spring as far as access goes.
I'm up for packing the equipment..

Reactions: Alaskashooter
Was out caribou hunting this weekend on the Steese HWY and did some ranging at the Eagle Summit area, there is safe protected shooting out to 3500 yards, with full visibility of the entire area. This is Jason Faris from the FB AK Precision Rifle Page and have posted this as well there. Please feel free to come along and join, and or get directions, 104 miles from Fairbanks. Just as a reminder, this just like Murphy Dome is public land, and is not exempt from scrutiny or negative feed back, so please be understanding and kind if engaged by those that are also there using the public land.

if you are out with me and I see anyone in the area, I’ll either not begin shooting and or will stop shooting even though the other user is at least 2 miles away. This may delay shooting for an hour or two, and or may disallow shooting for the day....but it’s better than having a negative feed back or bad report to the BLM. Let’s all be cool and keep the peace so that we can use this area. I began shooting out there around 10 years ago without incident, let’s keep it that way.

If you take targets out, it is not legal to leave them out and is viewed as littering, not sure what the Federal fine is for that. Also I’m not sure if ATV travel is allowed on the Northwest side of the Steese, so a frame pack would be worth your while. The area just above the green ammo box is 2k and the area just above the objective of the spotting scope is 3.5k, usually windy. Photo was from around August of 2012-13.
7C69479D-866D-48AA-86F7-6BB6290DDB3E.jpeg

Last edited:
Was out caribou hunting this weekend on the Steese HWY and did some ranging at the Eagle Summit area, there is safe protected shooting out to 3500 yards, with full visibility of the entire area. This is Jason Faris from the FB AK Precision Rifle Page and have posted this as well there. Please feel free to come along and join, and or get directions, 104 miles from Fairbanks. Just as a reminder, this just like Murphy Dome is public land, and is not exempt from scrutiny or negative feed back, so please be understanding and kind if engaged by those that are also there using the public land.

if you are out with me and I see anyone in the area, I’ll either not begin shooting and or will stop shooting even though the other user is at least 2 miles away. This may delay shooting for an hour or two, and or may disallow shooting for the day....but it’s better than having a negative feed back or bad report to the BLM. Let’s all be cool and keep the peace so that we can use this area. I began shooting out there around 10 years ago without incident, let’s keep it that way.

If you take targets out, it is not legal to leave them out and is viewed as littering, not sure what the Federal fine is for that. Also I’m not sure if ATV travel is allowed on the Northwest side of the Steese, so a frame pack would be worth your while. The area just above the green ammo box is 2k and the area just above the objective of the spotting scope is 3.5k, usually windy. Photo was from around August of 2012-13.View attachment 7514840
Looks like a heck of a spot. Can't wait..