• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR on the East Coast

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
Does anyone know where one can shoot out to a mile on the East coast? Friend and I have some 7 mags (7RM and 7 SAUM) and would like to give shooting at a mile a shot. Both pushing the 180 ELDm around 3000.

We are in the WV/MD/VA/PA area. We're not necessarily looking for competitions, just somewhere we can try it.

Hi all - I've tried several times to reach Tom at Thunder valley - phone calls and texts - no reply. Does anyone know if their range is open this time of the year? Mainly interested in doing recon run, firing at 1 Mile and then coming back more frequently in the spring.

Any insights would be appreciated on how often the range has open days too, and whether we can shoot ELR during other scheduled matches.

Thanks, Tim

I have been to thunder valley precision a couple times. He is not good about getting back to people. It is a nice place to shoot and he is a really nice guy.
Best to look at the calendar on his website.

Dont know if you guys would travel up north, but we are going to have an ELR event in Quebec City (Quebec province, Canada), mid august.

We will be shooting up to 2100 meters (2296 yards).

Reactions: regnar375
I'm a little north of you but should have at least 1000 yards maybe 1400 to shoot by this time next year. Private land private range

Reactions: lennyo3034
Dont know if you guys would travel up north, but we are going to have an ELR event in Quebec City (Quebec province, Canada), mid august.

We will be shooting up to 2100 meters (2296 yards).

Im in NH, where can i get info on this?

Thats a great place to shoot, vut im not going to pay 750 to take a class and be able to shoot there. I know that certian military units have trained there, maybe I can get in that way. Hell, i would pay a yearly fee to shoot there.

Are you affilated?

I’m not a member and no affiliation. I’ve been looking at possibly taking their PR-2 course.

I'm going to go up and shoot at Peacemaker this year, it's up your way. Your probably closer than I am to them as I'm down near Charleston, WV. About the only long range shooting interest down this way is folks telling tall tales about shots at white tails. I'm not sure why there aren't more ranges down here or interest in long range, theres a ton of shooters in the area.

I have yet to try shooting to a mile, even though I have the ability to. Our family farm has clear shots out to over 2000yds. I'm rebuilding bench rests this Spring and I'm having some dozer work done to the road and to clear a flat spot out for shooting along an old decommissioned gas pipeline right-of-way. Some steep shooting, some not too bad.

I'll do some digging around and see if I can find you a private range possibly closer to you.

Rock Solid shooting solutions, Joe Burdick, is running ELR matches at Arena Training Facility in Blakeley, Georgia. 2nd match is in next week or two, Feb 22-23 perhaps. It's legit matches out to 2000 yards plus.

Bryan Litz, Tubbs, and many others were involved and in attendance of first ELR match there. They are going to make this a regular thing as turn out was good. I've only shot PRS matches at Arena but it is an amazing facility, few thousand acres.

Reactions: deersniper