• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR opportunities in the Smokys?

lp916

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2023
Florida
Wife and I are looking to move up to the Smoky's next year, either the northeast TN or northwest NC areas. Wondering if there are any ELR opportunities in that area, or even within a couple hours? I've done some digging and the best I've been able to find is a private club with a 300m rifle yard. We live in Central FL right now, and I have to drive about 2 hours to get to a 600m range, which still isn't great. I figured heading up to the mountains it'd be easier to find somewhere to reach out, not harder...😅

Not sure what you consider ELR but BangSteel in Wytheville isn’t too far from western NC. Like West Jefferson, Grassy Creek area. Not really the Smokies though.

Not sure what you consider ELR but BangSteel in Wytheville isn’t too far from western NC. Like West Jefferson, Grassy Creek area. Not really the Smokies though.
That place looks great, thanks for the suggestion. I'd be happy with anything 1k+, but anything over 600 would be better than I have now. lol

It might be a bit of a hike depending on be where you end up exactly but the Clinton House in northwest SC does a monthly 1 mile shoot and the 1000yd range is open all the time to members.

In addition to Bangsteel in Wyetheville, WV and Clinton House plantation in Clinton, SC...

1. Central carolina gun club (ccgci) Burlington, NC has 1000 yd range and F class shooting competitions about every 2 months
2. Frontline Defense Warrenton, NC has 1000 yd range and PRS competitions
3. Black bear shooting complex Gladstone, VA ELR about 2x/yr
4. Moccasin Valley Precision Lebanon, VA has ELR competition
5. Thunder Valley Precision Kimboltton, OH has 1 mile target
6. Coleman's Creek Ellerbe, NC has 1 mile target, ELR and PRS
7. Camp Atterbury IN (via CIHPRS central
indiana highpower rifle shooters club) has ELR
8. Twisted Barrel precision Little Rock, AR has 1 mile target
9. Arena training facility Blakely, GA has 2300 yards target
10. North state shooting club has 1000 yd F class competitions at Camp Butner, NC
11. Refer to precisionrifleseries.com for other PRS locales.

Last edited:
Reactions: lp916
Big ivy in w Nc was pretty cool. Had 1200+ yards and very nice range. Just shut down. Somebody need to buy it and open it back up