• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ototallydude

Ding dong
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2017
Oregon

Products I wish to discuss: “The Last Supper”, “The Devito” and “The Mount”.

Although I have plenty of Crown products and early prototypes, I find these tools to be applicable to myself and others with the intent of observation platforms or reinforced shooting positions for ELR/PRS/NRL shooting.

Background:
Company: Crown Innovation
Owner: Will Peasley
Product Services (Per Website Description): CNC Machining, Gunsmithing, FDM Nylon 3D Printing, Plasma Cutting, Cerakote, Laser Engraving, prototyping.

The Last Supper Features:
  • Built in arca clamps: This is where this plate is set apart from the rest, TWO built in arca clamps. Tired of buying a plate and then immediately going to buy arca clamps? Here's the solution. This is a non intrusive way to have a platform to shoot from and also clamp in binos on the clock.
  • Modularity: Fourteen ¼-20, five ⅜-16 and 5 Slots for accessories using MLOK like-for-kind products. Acceptance for Manfrotto base
  • Size: This tac table is larger than others on the market giving area for large observation devices like Vector IV, 21,23, Large spotters and area for accessories to be used in tandem.
  • Stability: My main focus currently is field matches like NRL hunter. My favorite strategy for shooting weird angles and over obstacles is ranging, throwing a bag on a plate and start shooting. Luckily the surface area keeps you stable with the best bag to plate contact and solid connection under recoil.
Cons:
  • Arca Pinch: On early prototyping there was pinching in the arca. Meaning you would lock down whatever arca accessory and it was very hard to loosen the knob. Many people may see this as a pro, protecting your products from sliding. Crown has since assessed the binding issue and made fixes to current models.

The Devito Features:
  • Entry Level: This is somewhat a bare bones model. If you like compact, this is it. My application for this was simple; Tandem binos to rangefinder or LRF binos with a kestrel in “The Mount” beside it.
  • Postional: This wouldn’t be my first choice if I wanted to shoot off a tripod. I like to run a flat bag length-wise in line with the recoil. A couple of my friends run these as a non-intrusive way to manage their range/ hunting bags. They use a standard game changer over the width of the plate.
  • Size: This tac table is small (see attached picture with MUB and Last Supper)

Cons:
  • Simple: Not really a con, it does exactly what you would expect in a compact size.

The Mount Features:
  • Feature Rich: Arca Swiss base, ¼-20 threads, 2x picatinny rails. I’ve mounted phone clamps (found on amazon), data board, wind flags and the swing clamp to the picatinny. It’s a compact system with endless opportunities.

• Tight tolerance: The market has another option similar to this product using female picatinny attachments. If you have owned this product like I have you know how loose and flimsy it is. This will lock up your kestrel 5xxx series TIGHT and at a more favorable price point.
  • Collapsible: With the “Folding Picatinny Clamp”, The Mount can be attached to spotters
    and then stowed for a low-profile spotter accessory.
  • Lanyard: This has a through passage, so no removal needed. I did witness an end user crack The Mount after forcing a 5xxx series Kestrel with the lanyard rolled over the top. I sent a picture to Will at Crown and a replacement was in the mail the next day, no questions asked.
Cons:
  • Older Models: I currently run a 4500 Kestrel AB. Everything still fits but you can see with the current 5xxx line of Kestrels they are definitely tighter and have better lock up.
Conclusion: Although niche products, I find them to be at the pinnacle for feature rich systems. I personally use The Last Supper for all field matches, PRS and ELR. I put the early prototypes through the ringer and they held up where my past products failed or caved. Now that they have been fine tuned for the end user, I trust the platforms as the foundation for placing competitively.

For clarification, transparency and potential bias, I know the owner of Crown Innovation as a long time friend. Nothing in this write up has any intent to slander any competing companies in the same or similar market. Please reach out with any questions.

Pictures:

IMG_0997 (1).jpeg
IMG_1196.jpeg
IMG_1432.jpeg
IMG_1494.jpeg
IMG_2282.jpeg
IMG_2941 (1).jpeg
IMG_3138.jpeg
IMG_3306.jpeg
IMG_3835.jpeg