• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"ELR" scope choice help - PA, Delta, Tract,...?

tstanek

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2021
Czech republic
Hi guys,
I'd like to kindly ask you for some advices / opinions on choosing the optics. I've already done some research and have seen several reviews on youtube every one of mentioned below, but still would like to hear and consider your opinions, especially about durability/common issues, turrets quality and feel and ofc glass clarity.

I'm deciding between Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 FFP, Primary Arms PLx 6-30x56mm FFP and Tract Toric 4.5-30X56 34MM FFP. It would be mounted on my Bergara B14 HMR in 300 PRC for long range / "ELR" shooting approx. up to 1 km (1100 yards). However It could be a bit more ocasionally, + - 1200 metres I roughtly expect the max distance I'd shoot. Not some serious comp., just for for fun at first place, maybe some local match in the future. But overall, I don't and won't have opportunities and time to get to that long distance ranges so often. That is also the reason I don't think it would be rational to go for top tier scope like NF or so. Anyways if you have some other (brand) tips in that price range I would be more that happy to hear of them!

Delta - I haven't tried / seen throught these optics yet, but they are quite available here in my home country. And heard mainly positive words about these from few ppl. But from the limited impression I've got so far on Delta it would be the next two scopes I would rather pick.

PA - I have a Glx on my 6,5 Tikka for some year and half and like the scope quite a lot, not having any serious complaints really. Just the reticle is a bit busy one...and that said for shooting shorter distances. However the Apollo reticle do appeal to me much better than Athena one I have now. There's one dealer of these here in Czechia, but the scope I mentioned took like 8 months to be shipped from the States and it is likely it could get that long again.

Tract -... which ATM I would probably pick over the 3 doesn't even have international dealer, on the other hand, they are super friendly when I've been asking them about the possibilities to ship it here etc. And even with duty and tax it's the cheapest option of those 3 (please don't get me wrong, the prices of the above mentioned, are very similar basically, so I'm not looking for saving every single dollar I can, just saying..) Also the reticle I would prefere over Delta or PA. Downside is since It's quite rare here in Europe (I don't know anybody owning a Tract), giving it a look would be probably quite complicated....and solving warranty if sth goes wrong.

I'd be very glad for any tips, hints, comments etc. on this topic and have a nice rest of the day!
Cheers,
T.

The Tracts guys are really great, I'm sure they will take care of you for any warranty issues no problem. I own a Delta (1-6) and I absolutely love it, but that Delta and that Tract and that Primary Arms scope are all made in the same Japanese factory(so quality will be similar), so truthfully look at the reticles, the fov, and the features and choose between those based on that. If your in love with one of the reticles, that's what I would go for because that's what you're going to be looking at for the life of the scope. My opinion, good luck!

Note: I've heard stellar reviews about that Delta. I've looked through that Tract as well and it's nice. Never researched or looked through the PA.

Last edited:
Reactions: tstanek
I've got a Delta Stryker and hold it in fairly high regard.
My only complaint is I don't like the reticle, everything thing else is pretty well excellent.

Based on the scopes you are looking at I'd choose which ever reticle you like the most, then which features you want, in that order.

Reactions: tstanek and JDB55
I had a Stryker HD for a year, it was on my Sako TRG22 and I used it for range and competitions. I would say that the glass is great on it, a good bit above what its price range would suggest. And while I never had any issues with tracking my biggest gripe with the Delta Styrker is its turrets. Which are quite mushy and the parallax dial was so stif I almoast though I recieved a broken scope when I got it. It took some serious working of that dial back and forth to get it even half decent.
On the other hand, the scope has a very forgiving parallax and DOF when you go and shoot long range with it. At one competition I went pretty much the whole day without tuching that dial, it was set at just below infinity and I shot steel between 280-1100 meters.

Since then I am back to Kahles and Schmidt & Bender. And honestly, I cant see a huge difference glass wise. But the turrets and turret feel is night and day between them and the Delta.

Gonna throw a monkey wrench in here and suggest you look at the Burris XTR3 and a Razor G2 4.5-27. They both are excellent optics and if your willing to buy used on the PX they can be a steal.

Rumor is, the PA is the weaver tactical 6-30, and that scope was very underrated. If that’s true, I highly recommend it, I had the weaver on a 338 lapua for a long time and it never gave me a hint of trouble.
They all are comparable in price and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are very similar internally.

Thank you very much guys. I really appreciate your input on this. Will check the other scopes you've mentioned too. What do you mean about that PA was weaver tactical? Cheers!

Thank you very much guys. I really appreciate your input on this. Will check the other scopes you've mentioned too. What do you mean about that PA was weaver tactical? Cheers!
Weaver went out of the scope business and the rumors are PA picked up the design. It would be easy to tell by looking under the turrets.

Reactions: tstanek
Thanks Sir :) Unfortunatelly I won't probably have a chance to check that out. One more thing - I haven't noticed before that Stryker is available even in 5-50x version. Althought It's in SFP - that's probably the reason I overlooked it. Also Delta's have more reticle options that the other (1 on Toric, 2 on PA). Edit actually 3 on PA, but I don't think I'd go with just simple mil dot one. Seems like Delta is gonna the one I pick - like those simpler non-christmas tree reticles, and they are broughtly available here in my home country.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn’t get into much higher than 30x in the mid tier options. I hated to see you make a big mistake.
50x scopes takes some pretty nice glass to pull off, most people regret buying them in that price range. 30x can be a challenge for them as well, but a 1500$ 30x scope does really well around 25x, the eye box opens up and clarity is very usable.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm following / understand you right. Is that you mean I should go for some 50x one? Sorry it's probably "language barrier" at my side 😁

I'm not sure if I'm following / understand you right. Is that you mean I should go for some 50x one? Sorry it's probably "language barrier" at my side 😁
Sorry it’s a typo. I fixed it.
I wouldn’t get a 50x in that price range.
It takes some really good glass to pull that off.

Ah yes, I see, that "would" confused me :D I have the same feeling about it, don't think It's necessary / good idea to go that high magnification if it's not high end / top tier scope. I'm deciding between that LDR 1P and DLR 1 reticle. Which one would you pick ? Edit. I also checked those 2 other scopes, very nice ones, but the reticles are also christmas tree like, so still Delta is the winner for me so far.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I'd like to kindly ask you for some advices / opinions on choosing the optics. I've already done some research and have seen several reviews on youtube every one of mentioned below, but still would like to hear and consider your opinions, especially about durability/common issues, turrets quality and feel and ofc glass clarity.

I'm deciding between Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 FFP, Primary Arms PLx 6-30x56mm FFP and Tract Toric 4.5-30X56 34MM FFP. It would be mounted on my Bergara B14 HMR in 300 PRC for long range / "ELR" shooting approx. up to 1 km (1100 yards). However It could be a bit more ocasionally, + - 1200 metres I roughtly expect the max distance I'd shoot. Not some serious comp., just for for fun at first place, maybe some local match in the future. But overall, I don't and won't have opportunities and time to get to that long distance ranges so often. That is also the reason I don't think it would be rational to go for top tier scope like NF or so. Anyways if you have some other (brand) tips in that price range I would be more that happy to hear of them!

Delta - I haven't tried / seen throught these optics yet, but they are quite available here in my home country. And heard mainly positive words about these from few ppl. But from the limited impression I've got so far on Delta it would be the next two scopes I would rather pick.

PA - I have a Glx on my 6,5 Tikka for some year and half and like the scope quite a lot, not having any serious complaints really. Just the reticle is a bit busy one...and that said for shooting shorter distances. However the Apollo reticle do appeal to me much better than Athena one I have now. There's one dealer of these here in Czechia, but the scope I mentioned took like 8 months to be shipped from the States and it is likely it could get that long again.

Tract -... which ATM I would probably pick over the 3 doesn't even have international dealer, on the other hand, they are super friendly when I've been asking them about the possibilities to ship it here etc. And even with duty and tax it's the cheapest option of those 3 (please don't get me wrong, the prices of the above mentioned, are very similar basically, so I'm not looking for saving every single dollar I can, just saying..) Also the reticle I would prefere over Delta or PA. Downside is since It's quite rare here in Europe (I don't know anybody owning a Tract), giving it a look would be probably quite complicated....and solving warranty if sth goes wrong.

I'd be very glad for any tips, hints, comments etc. on this topic and have a nice rest of the day!
Cheers,
T.
I have alm those scopes you mentioned and then some.Also have them on Bergara Premier 300 PRC, Bergara Premier Pro 6.5PRC and Remington 700 PCR 6.5 Creedmoor. I have 2 Delta Stryker..one 4.5-30×56 FFP, other Delta Stryjer 550×56 SFP is MY FAVORITE.
Tract Toric 4 4-30×56 FFP my favorite FFP Scope.Its a close tie between Delt FFPand Tract..but I like Tract turrets just a wee bit better.
The Primary Arms PLX 6-30×56 is pretty good for shooting steel.Not shot it past 1000yds though.
What I don't like about my PA and my 2 Gen2 Athlon Cronus BTR is they dont have locking turrets.
But they all work good.Im just a real picky guy.