• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR with my B14R

MarkCZ

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
A few of us were at the range yesterday. We started with a 18" x 18" gong at 500yds. Wind running 5 to 10 mph. It took a few rounds to get hits. Then we could run 4 or 5 hits in a row, until the wind changed. We next went to 4.5" clays ( standard skeet clays ). That was a whole different ball game. You can get very close, then the wind would change. I was holding from 1 to 2 mils. most of the times. I made 2 hits another guy hit 2 also, the other guy hit 1. It took 2 mag full before I connected on the first one. the next one took 6 rounds.
I was using one of my B14R with a EC V2 tuner, Vortex Strike Eagle, SK Long Range. The other 2 were using Vudoo with EC V2 tuner with SK LR and CZ with a Harrell tuner not sure about his ammo.
We were also shooting 3"square knockdown steel at 285 and 330yds, 2" at 200yds. 1.5" x 1' Eggs, at 150yds. We were running about 50% or better, hits on these.

Reactions: obx22
I was shooting a 300 yard gong yesterday and could barely hear hits with my electronic muffs turned all the way up. I didn’t have a good dope for the 400 yard steel so I didn’t waste the ammo. How were you spotting hits at 500?

3 of us were shooting, 2 were spotting for one shooter. We can see dirt misses on the berm most of the time, but sometimes you not see anything. We could hear hits on the plate and see it move. It is stainless steel 1/8" I have some 3/16" 400 AR gongs that ring very well.

Last edited:
What thickness are your gongs? How are they hung. I hang mine with a t-post hanger and a carbiner.

Attachments

• tempImagekpMYiy.png
    tempImagekpMYiy.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 27